closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tesla Powerwall 2

Tesla Powerwall 2

I am currently looking at having one installed and wondered if anyone here had any experience.

Many thanks

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Hi Andy - what size PV do you have? Tesla is pretty good and obviously super well marketed but not the be all and end all. Other providers such as sonnen and LG will provide equally as good solutions likely more appropriate to your needs

There’s a really good series of videos on YouTube documenting the whole process of getting a Powerwall along with follow-up after 6 months on how it is performing. The videos are at:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...f8mIerZQVZhqV9

Quote Originally Posted by Gavgolf View Post
    Hi Andy - what size PV do you have? Tesla is pretty good and obviously super well marketed but not the be all and end all. Other providers such as sonnen and LG will provide equally as good solutions likely more appropriate to your needs

We currently have a 3.8kw PV system, but as part of the deal we would install a further 1kw (which would be a standalone system and unconnected to the FIT scheme. Plus because it would be a new install it would qualify for 5% VAT, rather than 20%, which makes the extra 1kw very cost effective.

The reason for considering the Tesla in that the price//Kw is perhaps the cheapest on the market, plus it's very thin so can be mounted on the wall of the garage without taking up to much space. I have heard the back up function is pretty rubbish, but I am not interested in that.

Our current use is about 11kwH per day, so my plan is to use a Eco7 tariff (via octopus) to top up the Tesla overnight and then use it during the day. Sounds simple, but I bet it isn't.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche