closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Awful AD experience - Yalikavak, Turkey.

Journeyman
    I had a shocking experience in Bilbao last week. I looked up Rolex on google maps and there was a shop few hundred metres from me in the city centre. called Joyerous.

The watches etc were all there. But no Rolex green signs. I was perplexed. They had a decent selection on the display cabinets seen from the street. I scoured around the cabinets from the street and saw a security guard watching me closely.

I am an Asian Brit. I wear decent clothes. I was wearing a barbour shirt, blue jeans, a barbourjacket and Loake brogues. I was also wearing my 2019 Omega PO. I lifted my sleeve ever so slightly so the guard could see my watch. However i am showing my age, late fifties. And i am short and thin. I am no looker.

When i tried to open the door the guard rudely shooed me away. I tried again and the guard spoke no Engli sh. Just basically barked in Spanish.

I did not even get through the door. I did feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    I had a shocking experience in Bilbao last week. I looked up Rolex on google maps and there was a shop few hundred metres from me in the city centre. called Joyerous.

The watches etc were all there. But no Rolex green signs. I was perplexed. They had a decent selection on the display cabinets seen from the street. I scoured around the cabinets from the street and saw a security guard watching me closely.

I am an Asian Brit. I wear decent clothes. I was wearing a barbour shirt, blue jeans, a barbourjacket and Loake brogues. I was also wearing my 2019 Omega PO. I lifted my sleeve ever so slightly so the guard could see my watch. However i am showing my age, late fifties. And i am short and thin. I am no looker.

When i tried to open the door the guard rudely shooed me away. I tried again and the guard spoke no Engli sh. Just basically barked in Spanish.

I did not even get through the door.
    Probably recognised the TZ uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What next, horses head on his pillow?

I mean really, go into a supermarket and you may come across some grumpy individual at the checkout but it hardly warrants some kind of prayers for bankruptcy.

Bloke in the shop was a bit of a tool, take your money somewhere else nobody died. Talk about first world problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    It wasn’t even him man , his response is due to the alleged treatment of the original poster .

You couldn’t make this up .
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I know but hoping a store goes out of business because of some idiot salesman, really?
    You both need to get yourselves laid. Calm down, this is just an Internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You both need to get yourselves laid. Calm down, this is just an Internet forum.
    lol pot kettle black

Now, that's f shocking, and I hope they have a very good excuse along the lines of locking themselves out or being in the middle of a hostagetaking/robbery situation.

Is it the shop in question?

Zee LINKY
    Last edited by VDG; 17th June 2019 at 02:37.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Journeyman

You should have rolled your sleeve up fully!

Just kidding, what a strange store.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Mooning them would be more appropriate.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ight=Profiling
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

That thread is pure gold!

Master
    Blog Entries

Just imagine If you had rocked up in an MX5 wearing a MM300 the shop assistants would have adorned your wrists with exotic metal Rolex’s whilst you sipped on a chilled glass of Champagne

The arrogance originally comes from Rolex and then trickles down to everyone who touches their products.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had the opposite experience. I was in Cowes a few years ago and popped into the AD there, a really little shop. I mentioned to the lady that I wanted to look at the WG sub. She duly got it from window along with the Platinum Daytona because they were similar. She then took a phone call out the back so I was left alone (no lock on the door let alone a security guard) with £75K of watches in my hands. From what I recall, I was wearing my beat up old Spork.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I had the opposite experience. I was in Cowes a few years ago and popped into the AD there, a really little shop. I mentioned to the lady that I wanted to look at the WG sub. She duly got it from window along with the Platinum Daytona because they were similar. She then took a phone call out the back so I was left alone (no lock on the door let alone a security guard) with £75K of watches in my hands. From what I recall, I was wearing my beat up old Spork.
    The British are inherently polite. Whilst they may not pay too much attention to someone who they think may not be a serious buyer, they will not be outright rude as in the examples given above.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    Now, that's f shocking, and I hope they have a very good excuse along the lines of locking themselves out or being in the middle of a hostagetaking/robbery situation.

Is it the shop in question?

Zee LINKY
    Yup thats the one

The British are inherently polite. Whilst they may not pay too much attention to someone who they think may not be a serious buyer, they will not be outright rude as in the examples given above.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup thats the one
    Is it the chap in question?

Fas est ab hoste doceri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Just popped into the Rolex AD here in Yalikavak on the way to dinner. Awful.

I've been reading consolidation threads recently and am wondering if I consolidate in a few years and add money to get either a DD40 or Daytona - either in Platinum as a one watch grail.

Asked to try the one in the window on and the guy looked at my MM300 and just said no. I asked if he was being serious or joking and he looked at my wrist again and said no, again. Almost as if that was the reason why.

Jaw dropping. Wasn't expecting to go out to dinner here tonight so left my nicer watches back at the hotel. If I wore one of them I probably would have been allowed to touch platinum.

Rant over!
    Would that be the ‘precious’ platinum whose current spot price is only about 60% of the gold spot price?

Sorry you had that experience, as he was a Rolex AD, that judgemental idiot should have known better!

A mate of mine owns a skip hire company, he is a scruffy bastard by his own cheerful admission but he is rolling in dough. He buys a new ‘daily beater’ Sub every year as he bashes them to buggery and can replace watches at his whim. My point is if you are a merchant who judges everyone by their appearance, you WILL lose a lot of sales.
    Last edited by KavKav; 18th June 2019 at 08:32.

Master
    Every time I have walked into a Rolex shop I have been treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. Possibly it is because I don't make snap judgements based just one persons comments before hearing the other side.

Snapping about ADs is like being in a bullfight, One side (the TZ member) will never lose and the other side (the AD) will never win and is doomed to being slagged off by a baying crowd.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who is working in the industry is an ambassador for the company or companies they represent. It should never be too much trouble to bring out something interesting, you simply cannot judge a client's spending power on appearance alone. Plus the old saying about catching more flies with honey than vinegar still rings true.

Still, there is an arrogance that runs through the industry that I can't help but feel embarrassed about, it's an attitude that simply has no place in modern retail, otherwise we may as well just sell through online boutiques only.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    There's a reason for three prisons on the IoW...

A

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I love how everyone's referring to the OP's MM300 (A £1500-2500 watch, depending on if purchased new or not, and where from) as a "cheap Seiko beater".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    I love how everyone's referring to the OP's MM300 (A £1500-2500 watch, depending on if purchased new or not, and where from) as a "cheap Seiko beater".
    Everything's relative. Compared to requested watch, it is.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    I'm not sure if the AD you visited was under the same ownership as the one in Bodrum but my experience was not too disimilar.
    I'd taken a friend to visit the AD in Bodrum (he was wearing a Breitling Superocean and I was sporting one of Eddie's watches) and the purpose of the visit was to look at a 116613LB as my friend had previously admired mine. The irony was that he would have bought one there and then,
    Due to the attitude of the salesman he didn't, subsequently though he did got one from a New York AD a few weeks later.
    R
    I've been in the one in Bodrum a few times, though not yet this year. I spend around 3 months a year in Bitez, which is about 6km away. Have always been well treated and had a good chat in there. Never bought a watch, but have been offered some very good prices on the Tudors, especially a Fastrider. Yalikavak of course has changed no end since the opening of the Marina - there is a Billionaires Club there!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
    I've been in the one in Bodrum a few times, though not yet this year. I spend around 3 months a year in Bitez, which is about 6km away. Have always been well treated and had a good chat in there. Never bought a watch, but have been offered some very good prices on the Tudors, especially a Fastrider. Yalikavak of course has changed no end since the opening of the Marina - there is a Billionaires Club there!
    Similar story here. We are a but further up from you after Midtown AVM and have always received good service in Bodrum and nearly bought my Exp 1 from there. Should have as the one I bought from SC was £500 more, but the Yalikavak store is a different story.

Next time I will wear one of my SS professional models. Maybe two on each wrist and an ankle or two on top. Hope for some free tap water.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 26th June 2019 at 16:28.

Master
    Similar story here. We are a but further up from you after Midtown AVM and have always received good service in Bodrum and nearly bought my Exp 1 from there. Should have as the one I bought from SC was £500 more, but the Yalikavak store is a different story.

Next time I will wear one of my SS professional models. Maybe two on each wrist and an ankle or two on top. Hope for some free tap water.
    More importantly, did you catch Gloria Gaynor in Yalikavak at the weekend. She was on the night I came home, so my wife and friends went, and had a good time. Last year I came back the night Anastacia was on (again my wife and friends all went) - so just unlucky with my flights!

More importantly, did you catch Gloria Gaynor in Yalikavak at the weekend. She was on the night I came home, so my wife and friends went, and had a good time. Last year I came back the night Anastacia was on (again my wife and friends all went) - so just unlucky with my flights!
    No, I really wish I went! One of those things where you see the advert when it's already too late. Will have to Google events before we go back in Sept so I don't miss out. Would have been a great one.

Impossible to buy a Chromecast out there so will remember to bring one of those too. Assumed I could just pop down Vatan.

Master
    No, I really wish I went! One of those things where you see the advert when it's already too late. Will have to Google events before we go back in Sept so I don't miss out. Would have been a great one.

Impossible to buy a Chromecast out there so will remember to bring one of those too. Assumed I could just pop down Vatan.
    I will be there from the 4th September to the end of that month if you fancy a coffee. July and August just too hot!

I'm not sure if the AD you visited was under the same ownership as the one in Bodrum but my experience was not too disimilar.

I'd taken a friend to visit the AD in Bodrum (he was wearing a Breitling Superocean and I was sporting one of Eddie's watches) and the purpose of the visit was to look at a 116613LB as my friend had previously admired mine. The irony was that he would have bought one there and then,

Due to the attitude of the salesman he didn't, subsequently though he did got one from a New York AD a few weeks later.
    The friend I mentioned above has his boat moored in Yalikavak Marina. He's not a billionaire (afaik) but he's certainly a multi-millionaire - and the AD missed an easy sale because of their attitude.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I will be there from the 4th September to the end of that month if you fancy a coffee. July and August just too hot!
    We haven't booked yet but it will probably be mid-late Sept and yes, that would be good. You can choose the place as you I've only been a couple of times and wouldn't want to suggest Starbucks!
    The friend I mentioned above has his boat moored in Yalikavak Marina. He's not a billionaire (afaik) but he's certainly a multi-millionaire - and the AD missed an easy sale because of their attitude.

R
    Can we have a TZUK meet up on his boat?!
    My god there are some lovely boats there.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 26th June 2019 at 20:08.