closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lost courier parcel

Master

Lost courier parcel

Hi

Bought something online the other day and it was meant to be delivered yesterday. Knew I wasn’t go to be in but neighbour agreed to take delivery.
    System shows delivery has taken place but neighbours say nothing was delivered - and I believe them.
    Courier company are checking with driver and saying things like -“he’ll go to wherever he delivered it and bring it to you’.
    Anyway, if he/they can’t track it down, what are my options? Presume I’ll need to call the shop and explain that it’s gone missing? Hoping that it’s insured as I don’t want the shop to lose out just because a courier hasn’t done their job!
    Anyone been through anything similar?

It's the couriers responsibility to prove where, how and to who it was delivered. Then its for the shop to take it up with them

Was it to be signed for or is it just a larger type delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Hi

Bought something online the other day and it was meant to be delivered yesterday. Knew I wasn’t go to be in but neighbour agreed to take delivery.
    System shows delivery has taken place but neighbours say nothing was delivered - and I believe them.
    Courier company are checking with driver and saying things like -“he’ll go to wherever he delivered it and bring it to you’.
    Anyway, if he/they can’t track it down, what are my options? Presume I’ll need to call the shop and explain that it’s gone missing? Hoping that it’s insured as I don’t want the shop to lose out just because a courier hasn’t done their job!
    Anyone been through anything similar?
    Being a cynic I'd say that perhaps the driver has nicked it, been caught out, and will miraculously go and find where he left it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    It's the couriers responsibility to prove where, how and to who it was delivered. Then its for the shop to take it up with them

Was it to be signed for or is it just a larger type delivery?
    It should have been signed for - value of over £300. I wish these couriers would just do their job as opposed to taking short cuts (or worse).

Wondering if they can track the actual parcel but I suppose once it’s been ‘delivered ‘ they lose sight and track of it.

sounds like typical Hermes behaviour, they bent space/time and defied the laws of physics and posted a coffee table through my letterbox while i was sat at home without me realising it had happened (or the coffee table appearing)
    they just lie and fob you off until you give up.

Master
    Depends on the courier some take pictures of where they left it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    sounds like typical Hermes behaviour, they bent space/time and defied the laws of physics and posted a coffee table through my letterbox while i was sat at home without me realising it had happened (or the coffee table appearing)
    they just lie and fob you off until you give up.
    I've had that before - they swear blind they've delivered it and then later on some guy pops round with the package...Or swearing blind they've been round, rung the bell, left a card etc.

I just wanted to work out where the liability lies - with the courier I reckon. If the parcel doesn't turn up then I'll have to call the shop and get them to chase it. I paid by credit card online so I should be covered. I just don't want the shop to be out of pocket for something that's not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I've had that before - they swear blind they've delivered it and then later on some guy pops round with the package...Or swearing blind they've been round, rung the bell, left a card etc.

I just wanted to work out where the liability lies - with the courier I reckon. If the parcel doesn't turn up then I'll have to call the shop and get them to chase it. I paid by credit card online so I should be covered. I just don't want the shop to be out of pocket for something that's not their fault.
    I suspect they chose the courier - so can't really be totally blameless.

Master
    It's amazing the amount of well respected businesses that use cheapo Micky mouse courier firms to deliver expensive items these days

Hello

It's not just couriers.

I had a parcel allegedly delivered by Royal Mail. It wasn't, checked with the neighbours no joy.

Had a few left on the doorstep which is visible to the street and easily accessible.

I contacted the company who had sent it. After a long wait and a RM investigation, no further action from them and as a result the company said the same.

So I was without the goods and down £59.00.

Not happy......

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    It's not just couriers.

I had a parcel allegedly delivered by Royal Mail. It wasn't, checked with the neighbours no joy.

Had a few left on the doorstep which is visible to the street and easily accessible.

I contacted the company who had sent it. After a long wait and a RM investigation, no further action from them and as a result the company said the same.

So I was without the goods and down £59.00.

Not happy......
    Was it 2d barcode post where the tracking just shows picked up then delivered rather than a tracked or special which shows tracked points along its journey ? If it’s 2d barcoded then pop to your local post office and ask for the GPS Co-ordinates of the Hand scanner used by the postal worker who scanned the barcode to mark as delivered to locate the precise location of your item.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Hello

No idea.

I was told that as it was shown as delivered then it was taken as read. It was a weekday and I was at work.

It was also too big for the letterbox due to the contents and no signature to confirm delivery or that it had been accepted by anyone else.

I was surprised to say the least.