closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: AP Discount

Craftsman

AP Discount

Anyone been able to get a decent discount for a current model AP Offshore? My AD max discount seems to be 5% max and wondered if other AD’s were offering more or less than that. Not quite ready to buy yet but seriously thinking about it in the near future.

Craftsman
    Depends if it is a popular model and your relationship with the AD. You can probably get closer to 10%.

Also depends on the store and who is staffing it at the time. I have bought a few pieces from Selfridges over the years (through its many guises from Wonder room to Bucherer now). Last year I looked at the Zenith Defy El primero 21. All the guys on the shop floor that evening was new and gave me like a 2% discount and refused to budge. I was very polite but they Even told me should take my business elsewhere! So I promptly took my business to another nearby AD who gave a much healthier price!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ctam View Post
    Depends if it is a popular model and your relationship with the AD. You can probably get closer to 10%.

Also depends on the store and who is staffing it at the time. I have bought a few pieces from Selfridges over the years (through its many guises from Wonder room to Bucherer now). Last year I looked at the Zenith Defy El primero 21. All the guys on the shop floor that evening was new and gave me like a 2% discount and refused to budge. I was very polite but they Even told me should take my business elsewhere! So I promptly took my business to another nearby AD who gave a much healthier price!

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah i have a relationship with the store sales supervisor and it was him who told me the max they can give is 5% hence me asking if other people are getting more. I bought a Defy EL Primero 21 with bracelet from them just before christmas and got nearly 20% off and gad a strap and deployant into the deal as well. Will wait on other replies and then decide if its worth trying for more or i may go for a pre owned watch of about 1-2 years old. Thanks for the reply.

Master
    AP are tightening up discounts so they will be hard to get, probably best to go grey on a ROO where good deals are there.

Craftsman
    Thanks, I’m still undecided whether to buy new or pre-owned. I’m in no rush so can wait a while and make sure I have funds in place before continuing my search.