closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anti-Magnetism Omega 5200.50.00

Anti-Magnetism Omega 5200.50.00

Good day ladies and gents, I'm hoping someone can give me a nudge in the right direction here....

My beloved Omega Dynamic iii (5200.50.00), has started to gain time, not over dramatically but noticeably so over the day.
    Now I had this watch serviced and regulated by a respected watchmaker on this forum, and basically petted the thing as opposed to wearing it as a watch, which is what I would like to do now.

Since it was serviced, it has been through a few whatever devices that scans the contents of your bag as you go through airport security, and that's about it. Not worn, not dropped and not knocked.

Does the dust cap on this watch affect the anti-magnetism rating?

I may as well well degauss it and retime it before getting it re-regulated, but am i peeing into the wind if the dust cap will affect the demagnetising?

Any advice?

Craftsman
    It is guess work without getting the watch on a timing machine and looking inside. If you know how to demagnetise and have the tool then why not try it. If it's one of the coil based ones then be careful as you can magnetise it and make it worse.