closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bvlgari Octo titanium

Bvlgari Octo titanium

I went through T3 at Heathrow the other day and having done the usual tour of WOS (how come there are no stainless Rolexes, well they are in high demand, no they're just restricting supply etc ad nauseam), I went past the Bulgari shop. Now I've never been tempted in before, always thinking they were overpriced baubles. On this occasion I hesitated for a moment and the very nice Italian sales assistant asked if I was interested in watches and would I like to see something interesting? (Sounds seedier than it was). She went to the counter and took out one watch, the titanium Octo on bracelet.
    Blimey!
    Just over 5mm thick, 40mm square, with a display back and view in to one of the most interesting movements I have ever seen. It is hard to imagine how they engineered such a thin automatic movement.
    On the wrist, it was so light it just wasn't there, but it looked incredible, and futuristic with the slightly dull sheen of the titanium.
    It's a shade over £12k so more than I have ever spent on a watch, but suddenly I have a new grail
    https://www.bulgari.com/en-gb/102713.html
    Just in case you are underwhelmed, I must stress that I couldn't find any pictures that do it justice. It is an amazing watch.
    Any other fans?

Incredible watch although not for me. However I did watch this video on its GMT brother and it is definitely different and impressive in equal measure.

https://youtu.be/cBGusJCE2-o

Craftsman
    It is a great piece and I have liked it ever since it came out. I personally feel the stainless steel version looks better, although the titanium version, being lighter, fits with the concept of the ultra-thin more.

I have tried them both several times but alas, the shape does not suit me. I don’t have a large wrist and I feel the thin and wide shape needs a large wrist to make it look good.

At £12 or so, it is great value for money for what it is.

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    It's a shade over £12k so more than I have ever spent on a watch, but suddenly I have a new grail

... It is an amazing watch.
    Any other fans?
    Keep an eye on the second-hand and the grey markets and don't be in a hurry. You may get surprised.

By the way... I think it is the most amazing case-shape, ever. I also think that if the extreme thin-ness is not your thing... the Bvlgari Octo Solotempo by being a tad thicker, it looks and sits better on the wrist, and it's a lot cheaper. But if the thin-ness is your thing, forget everything I said.

Audemars Piguet Royal Oak vs Bulgari Octo Finissimo Auto
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ObjDQ_GIe8

I’ve also seen one of these in a shop in Italy last year. I went from ‘not my thing at all’ to ‘rather beautiful, how much is it’ in about 30 seconds. Definitely worth seeing in the flesh.

It has grown on me over last couple of months. The more I see it, the more I like it.

Master
    Always find them a guilty pleasure and can imagine sipping an Aperol Spritzer sun glasses on draped off wrist. Writing this during our terrible British rain dump.
    I dealt with a guy who was a bit dodgy trying to set up dating sites, money all over the place mainly from rich parents. We turned him down for a loan and I spotted the next time the AP had gone and on his wrist was a Bvlgari Diagono. Thought it looked excellent and a great alternative probably available at a 10th of the price 2nd hand. Not saying you have to be dodgy to wear one. They just look excellent and fit within that ostentatious look.

Ha,Mark!
    One and probably the only selling regret I have is a Bvlgari Diagono Super Professional 2000m diver.
    Haven’t found another. One of the best dive watches, IMO and the best superdome crystal ever. Just my opinion.

Craftsman
    I second what abraxas said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Oh, yes please, lovely.

It is indeed stunning but surely one must go all-out and get this one:

I'm not so keen on the skeleton look - I don't want to see the movement all the time (too distracting), so looking at the movement from the back is an occasional guilty pleasure

I did handle one a leather strap before Christmas in Selfridges whilst looking at the steel model Octo.

My god the ti was unbelievable light & felt as though not real. Great watch but wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range and comfort.

Steel model 2nd hand would have me thinking. Nice to see an inhouse sports watch which breaks against the mould.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    I did handle one a leather strap before Christmas in Selfridges whilst looking at the steel model Octo.

My god the ti was unbelievable light & felt as though not real. Great watch but wayyyyyyyyy out of my price range and comfort.

Steel model 2nd hand would have me thinking. Nice to see an inhouse sports watch which breaks against the mould.
    Just been looking at the steel models and seems around 3-4K would get you a nice, unworn one on a bracelet
    Eg:
    https://www.chrono24.com/uk/bulgari/...GB&SETCURR=GBP

Master
    Watchfinder had a Finissimo on bracelet that I put a deposit on (in fact, this may be the same one in their presale section). However, I had to turn it down. There are no half links or micro-adjustment on the bracelet, and we couldn't get it to fit properly. Despite several attempts at adding and removing links, it was always too tight or too loose.

I was also slightly worried by the lack of indices at 7 and 8 o'clock. Your mileage may vary.

Still, a stunning piece of engineering.

simon

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Just been looking at the steel models and seems around 3-4K would get you a nice, unworn one on a bracelet
    Eg:
    https://www.chrono24.com/uk/bulgari/...GB&SETCURR=GBP
    That is lovely & would scratch my blue watch face itch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    Watchfinder had a Finissimo on bracelet that I put a deposit on (in fact, this may be the same one in their presale section). However, I had to turn it down. There are no half links or micro-adjustment on the bracelet, and we couldn't get it to fit properly. Despite several attempts at adding and removing links, it was always too tight or too loose.

I was also slightly worried by the lack of indices at 7 and 8 o'clock. Your mileage may vary.

Still, a stunning piece of engineering.

simon
    As someone who is super sensitive to bracelets, the no half or micro adjustments is a real downer. I guess micro adjustment would add unwanted bulk, but no half links is a bit criminal in the design. Shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    I'm not so keen on the skeleton look - I don't want to see the movement all the time (too distracting), so looking at the movement from the back is an occasional guilty pleasure
    Likewise I'm not a skeleton fan but I bet you see something different every day in that movement!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    As someone who is super sensitive to bracelets, the no half or micro adjustments is a real downer. I guess micro adjustment would add unwanted bulk, but no half links is a bit criminal in the design. Shame really.
    This was a preowned piece at Watchfinder, so I suppose there's a chance a half-link had been lost. I'm the same as you – "bracelet sensitive". I recommend a Glashütte Seventies - all the style, with proper indices at 7 and 8, and the best bracelet micro-adjustment!

simon

Quote Originally Posted by gladders View Post
    This was a preowned piece at Watchfinder, so I suppose there's a chance a half-link had been lost. I'm the same as you – "bracelet sensitive". I recommend a Glashütte Seventies - all the style, with proper indices at 7 and 8, and the best bracelet micro-adjustment!

simon
    Funnily, I was thinking of the GO Seventies too when typing my post! As a GO fan, definitely on the radar at some point

Blog Entries
    Apologies for the thread resurrection, but I was similarly occupied at T5 earlier today.

Nothing for sale at Rolex, so popped into the WoS store for a browse, left feeling deflated - lots of the same old models.

Then, after finishing my Wordle I noticed I was sitting next to the BVLGARI booth.

I have a thing for angular case designs - so I tried on both the 41mm & 38mm models.

The 41 is fabulous with a superbly finished micro-rotor movement, but the 38mm was my favourite on the wrist…

Note : not my pic - link here https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bulgari...po-38mm-watch/

The 38mm was also half the price of the 41mm which also made it more appealing …

Anyone got one ?

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Apologies for the thread resurrection, but I was similarly occupied at T5 earlier today.

Nothing for sale at Rolex, so popped into the WoS store for a browse, left feeling deflated - lots of the same old models.

Then, after finishing my Wordle I noticed I was sitting next to the BVLGARI booth.

I have a thing for angular case designs - so I tried on both the 41mm & 38mm models.

The 41 is fabulous with a superbly finished micro-rotor movement, but the 38mm was my favourite on the wrist…

Note : not my pic - link here https://www.ablogtowatch.com/bulgari...po-38mm-watch/

The 38mm was also half the price of the 41mm which also made it more appealing …

Anyone got one ?

z
    The 38mm I believe is a precursor to the 41mm more famous brother - but yea it wears a bit of a slab unfortunately.

Not sure what the differences are with 38 vs 41, but does seem a lesser movement.

Master
    Handled a couple last summer, the octo finissimo and the octo roma. Finish is really good on both and lovely bracelet but I preferred the octo Roma with leather strap.

A second hand one is really good value

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

Anyone got one ?

z
    Is the 38mm a current production model??
    I have the Octo Finissimo with blue dial and absolutely love it. I bought mine in like new condition but pre-owned for a decent saving over RRP so worth thinking about that.

I had the chance to try the titanium Octo today and I was blown away. I feared that it might be a strange shape on the wrist but it actually felt incredibly comfortable and I'll admit to being awed by it.

I'm going to seriously consider one, maybe pre-owned if there are any about.

Master
    I’ve been looking at these since they released, I keep getting close to buying but can’t decide which version. My favourites are the matte black ceramic and the rose gold on black strap. I think they’re one of the most interesting designs out there at the moment.

Master
    I absolutely love the octo.. esp the chrono GMT! Can see these being iconic in future - it just looks so unique.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk