closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Softest tropic strap?

Master

Softest tropic strap?

I’m hoping the forum can point me in the right direction.

Having previously owned an Oris 65 tropic, I was amazed at just how comfortable it was for a rubber strap. In fact, I would go as far as to say it was the most comfortable strap (including leather) I’ve ever worn.

I’m looking for a tropic that’s as close as possible in terms of quality and suppleness. I’m tempted by the uncle seiko but having read some reviews it’s not quite as soft. Can any members give their views on the uncle seiko please? Just how supple and plain ale is it, before I press the buy button.

I currently do own a cousin tropic strap, and whilst it’s soft, it feels cheap. I only paid around £5 for it so I can hardly complain!

Thanks in advance.

Cousins strap is cheap POS compared to Oris.

upd. I had Oris 65 on a ruber strap and Cousins one at the same time. Oris strap was really good, I wouldn't call it soft, especially compared to Cousins, because of Cousins strap did not had any stiffness, it was too soft and pliable. Cousins strap was a real lint magnet as are I think all silicone straps.

I will be looking at this thread with interest, because of I am too looking for a tropic style strap that would have a comparable quality to Oris.
    Last edited by Normunds; 10th June 2019 at 15:17.

See if you can find an original one.

They do do pop up on eBay for not ridiculous money occasionally, you do need a bit of patience.

Master
    Correct me if I’m wrong - the vintage tropics look quite plastic and therefore I feel as thought they won’t be conformable.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunsung View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong - the vintage tropics look quite plastic and therefore I feel as thought they won’t be conformable.
    You’re wrong! They’re quite supple.

I'd agree with Ed there I'm a big fan. The ones I've had have been very supple/comfortable..