closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 6 years since my last SOTC!

Threaded View

6 years since my last SOTC!

It’s been 6 years since I last posted a SOTC. I had 8 watches last time and this has now reduced to 6. Only one watch remains from that original 8 and even that one is not the same watch just a different model.
    I have gone off steel as a case material focussing on lighter and interesting alternatives. I also seem to be leaning towards limited editions!
    Anyway, enough rambling, lets see where I am:

I have always had a Fifty Fathoms in the collection so going to start there. This is titanium version released at Basel last year. It’s actually much darker blue in the flesh. Classic watch.

Next up is a Zenith Stratos Rainbow Flyback. This is a limited edition of 250 pieces made from Black Alchron which is a mix of titanium and Aluminium. Love the colours!

Next up is an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore “Bumble Bee”. Case made from carbon with ceramic bezel. Love wearing this at weekends with jeans, just looks cool!

Next up is a Linde Werdelin MoonLite. Probably one of the best executions of the moon phase complication I have seen. It glows like a torch and is made from ALW (alloy Linde Werdelin) which is used in the aerospace industry and has a chameleon colour, changing from light grey to blue/grey. Light as a feather and limited to 59 pieces.

Next up is a Girard Perregaux WW.TC. Love the execution of the world time complication all driven from the crown not by pushers. This is a rare black titanium version. Although the dial is busy it just works and wears beautifully on the wrist and superbly made.

And finally, my everyday ‘work’ watch. This is an H. Moser & Cie, “Bryan Ferry” in rose gold. A reimagining of a very early Moser pocket watch in conjunction with Bryan Ferry. I love the blued hands and the red 12. Simply stunning and limited to 100 pieces.

Thanks for reading. The journey continues, who knows what’s next!
    Last edited by Top Cat; 9th June 2019 at 15:15.