closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GS range

Journeyman

GS range

Hiya, I’m looking for a GS as my next purchase and went in to Chisholm in Kingston to ask for a catalogue today. Unfortunately all they had was the Baselworld 2019 release catalogue.

Does anyone know the best way of finding all the options they produce?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Website? Also try other dealers Jura, Peplows, Francis and Gaye, James Porter and son and Deacons.

Contact the Seiko flagship in London and they may well send you one. Or call in advance and see if you can collect.

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you are over Swindon way pop into Deacons in old town.

Craftsman
    Here's a link to the GS website, which shows all the models they currently sell. Not all models may be available in the UK.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/jp-ja/collections/all

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strchr03 View Post
    Hiya, I’m looking for a GS as my next purchase and went in to Chisholm in Kingston to ask for a catalogue today. Unfortunately all they had was the Baselworld 2019 release catalogue.

Does anyone know the best way of finding all the options they produce?

Don’t go to Chisholm Hunter for anything. Ever.

Grand Seiko have their own website. And the Seiko boutique is fabulous! It’s near Harrods and well worth the short journey from Kingston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Here's a link to the GS website, which shows all the models they currently sell. Not all models may be available in the UK.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/jp-ja/collections/all
    This may be a better link as it is for English uk:

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmith1974 View Post
    Don’t go to Chisholm Hunter for anything. Ever.

Grand Seiko have their own website. And the Seiko boutique is fabulous! It’s near Harrods and well worth the short journey from Kingston.

Something like 57 or 101 Brompton st. Iirc.

Chisholm Hunter Kingston have lost my business. I live literally 300metres away and have bought around 6 watches there in 2 years (mostly Tudor but also a GS). Last time I was in a few weeks ago they had their overall head of sales in and were clearly being told sales is all about putting pressure on the punter (ever noticed how they accost you outside the store when you are browsing in the window?). Anyway the sales guys were nice but the manager was being a bit sh*tty with me when I mentioned what price I could get one of the GS in for elsewhere ( the ltd edition blue dial Basel manual wind that they have for £6600 with no discount but which I can get for £5100 so why the heck would I pay an extra £1500) and when I tried on a different model (the GS Springdrive Diver) and decided not to purchase they were clearly annoyed as they wanted a sale in front of the visiting head of sales and despite the fact I've bought half a dozen watches from them I got the feeling I was unwelcome.

Compare that with the attitude of the Fraser Hart guys opposite who are always happy to chat even with no sale on the agenda, also they are true watch enthusiasts. Always happy to support the Kingston Fraser Hart, but I'm done with the Chisholm Hunter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 8th June 2019 at 17:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    If you are over Swindon way pop into Deacons in old town.
    Are they still GS AD? Nothing on their web site.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Chisholm Hunter Kingston have lost my business. I live literally 300metres away and have bought around 6 watches there in 2 years (mostly Tudor but also a GS). Last time I was in a few weeks ago they had their overall head of sales in and were clearly being told sales is all about putting pressure on the punter (ever noticed how they accost you outside the store when you are browsing in the window?). Anyway the sales guys were nice but the manager was being a bit sh*tty with me when I mentioned what price I could get one of the GS in for elsewhere ( the ltd edition blue dial Basel manual wind that they have for £6600 with no discount but which I can get for £5100 so why the heck would I pay an extra £1500) and when I tried on a different model (the GS Springdrive Diver) and decided not to purchase they were clearly annoyed as they wanted a sale in front of the visiting head of sales and despite the fact I've bought half a dozen watches from them I got the feeling I was unwelcome.

Compare that with the attitude of the Fraser Hart guys opposite who are always happy to chat even with no sale on the agenda, also they are true watch enthusiasts. Always happy to support the Kingston Fraser Hart, but I'm done with the Chisholm Hunter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Doesn’t surprise me. Chisholm often have one massively overpriced watch (by as much as two grand) in amongst a batch of ok priced watches. I wonder how many fall for that - the odd customer who doesn’t do any homework or due diligence. Pretty bad form IMHO.

Master
    There's are new SBGX335, SBGX337 and SBGX339 out there.

Craftsman

GS

My GS titanium diver will be with me on Tues, purchased at a very very good price from Dominic Hackett, he isn’t an AD but purchases from a UK AD so you get the UK dealer warranty. It’s taken 6 weeks but that was due to no AD in the UK had the watch I wanted ( SBGA231) so it had to come from Japan.

Journeyman
    Thanks guys, i think I’ll start by heading to the boutique :-)

Master
    GS websites - both UK and Global - have sometimes been outdated/not current in my experience. I use Omicron as my first stop then research from there. It’s a bit slow but good for coverage imho.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Are they still GS AD? Nothing on their web site.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Yup
    Good to know. Always brilliant. Bought 3 watches from them.

The Grand Seiko Japan website has all their watches. If you use Google Chrome they automatically translate the webpage for you. If there is a Japanese Domestic Market model you like (can’t be bought outside Japan), there are many good sellers such as Omicron.jp, Seiya Japan and Japan-onlinestore.com you can purchase these from.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post
    The Grand Seiko Japan website has all their watches. If you use Google Chrome they automatically translate the webpage for you. If there is a Japanese Domestic Market model you like (can’t be bought outside Japan), there are many good sellers such as Omicron.jp, Seiya Japan and Japan-onlinestore.com you can purchase these from.

Thanks for the Chrome tip. Seiya-san has advised me in the past that he isn’t allowed to sell GS to UK buyers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Good to know. Always brilliant. Bought 3 watches from them.
    They are expanding the Rolex side at the moment, bother buildings have now been knocked into one. They really know their stuff when it comes to GS, none in the window at the mo but hopefully that will change once the works have been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by mark.wilo13 View Post

Translations sometimes could be better! For the SBGA403:-

English version
    The lion, the enduring emblem of Grand Seiko
    Japanese version
    Special adjustment model that holds the majesty of the dumplings

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    There's are new SBGX335, SBGX337 and SBGX339 out there.
    How much do they cost in UK? In chrono24 only one Japanese dealer offers these.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    My GS titanium diver will be with me on Tues, purchased at a very very good price from Dominic Hackett, he isn’t an AD but purchases from a UK AD so you get the UK dealer warranty. It’s taken 6 weeks but that was due to no AD in the UK had the watch I wanted ( SBGA231) so it had to come from Japan.
    Exactly what i did. I called Dom who got back to me with a very good price for my SBGA231. I had to wait the 6 weeks as well but worth it.

AMJ in Newark is well worth a call for GS; one of the guys there is very clued up on them and they will work hard to make a deal