closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 3 Seikos and a Longines....

3 Seikos and a Longines....

059 by david towerss, on Flickr

049 by david towerss, on Flickr

Just been rifling through the little-used watch box and found five watches with dead batteries. I had replacements for four (and the other is ordered) and of the four I did, three are now working away happily. :) Sadly, te other Seiko chrono seems to be dead, but it's an ugly thing so no great loss.

However, being of a mercenary bent, I wondered if either of these two have any value? I also have a square Seiko ticking away but I can't be bothered to take a picture of that, I have a serious case of the 'can't be arsed's' so just posting this is a major achievement!

Any help or advice will be received with thanks but anyone who suggests eBay will be berated with a large stick and then set upon by the dog! I do not like eBay anymore, too many scammers etc.

Incidentally, both watches are in really good condition, much better than the pictures imply - my picture taking abilities are legendary in their ability to make a sows ear out of a silk purse!

I'm on a roll...

Final battery arrived this morning, but instead of the single battery, three arrived so that's five of two different types and three of another, so I now have a Yema Rallygraf, a Chronotime, a Longines, three Seikos and an Ingersol day/date all working.

I can't even remember buying the Chronotime or the Ingersol!

I raided the old watchbox (you all know the one: where the crap you NEVER wear goes) and sorted out all the quartz watches, put a new strap on the Chronotime (the original one snapped as soon as I tried to do it up on my wrist) and have put the GMT back in the watch box and am wearing a Yema on one wrist and the Chronotime on the other. What can I say: I'm just too cool for school (and a tiny bit too old! :) ) .

To be frank, I didn't realise that I owned so many quartz watches and having derided the Yema repeatedly for looking like a Klingons forehead, it actually looks pretty good on the wrist, certainly different.

If anyone has the slightest interest (doubtful :) ) I'll take a picture...