closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super loose watch wearers - why?!

Craftsman
    That look is not for me.. he must be bashing that monstrosity off everything!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Oh and this place is really slipping, no mention of what make/model the watch is, so ....
    I suspect that if the watch brand in question doesn't begin with 'R' or 'O', then many people here wouldn't demean themselves by admitting knowing what it was!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I suspect that if the watch brand in question doesn't begin with 'R' or 'O', then many people here wouldn't demean themselves by admitting knowing what it was!!
    Nothing wrong with Rotary or Oris

One of my former reps asked me to take some links out of his Panerai bracelet. It was still very loose round his wrist flopping round but he said that's how he liked wearing it. Myself? just like it loose enough to get a finger under. I like one of my Citizen bracelets with the sliding micro adjustment so when your wrist swells in hot weather you can quickly adjust it.

Another fine watch on the plane a few hours ago. Must be all the links surely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Another fine watch on the plane a few hours ago. Must be all the links surely.
    Looks like a Sinn H Link bracelet?

Sent from my SM-J530F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Everyone is not the same. Why impose rules on others?
    +1

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Other thing is a loose bracelet wears everything faster, pins clasp etc
    Correct!

Master
    A while back, I had a work colleague who had one of the original TAG F1s on a bracelet. He wore it in completely conventional style until one day he turned up with it seriously loose dangling under his wrist (I presume he must have left the diver's extension open and put the clasp to the longest position). He wore it like this for a couple of months and then suddenly reverted to normal wearing. I always wondered what prompted such a radical change - it was clearly something he'd decided to do. The watch got rather a battering worn like that, so maybe he wanted to go for the WABI look?

Master
    My partner does that ; she says it’s because her wrist gets hot. So, normal bracelet size in cooler weather; dangling , undone, in hot conditions. One day she’l probably lose it.
    Last edited by paskinner; 13th June 2019 at 17:37.

Another aspect to this is people who wear their watch upside down, so the face is on the underside of their wrist, they give that hand twist to read the time, not for me but I’d like to know why people prefer this..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Another aspect to this is people who wear their watch upside down, so the face is on the underside of their wrist, they give that hand twist to read the time, not for me but I’d like to know why people prefer this..
    Common (or used to be) among those who spend a lot of time driving, hence the watch is on the side of the wrist which is more visible if holding the wheel.

Master
    Another aspect to this is people who wear their watch upside down, so the face is on the underside of their wrist, they give that hand twist to read the time, not for me but I’d like to knowl]
    This is acceptable for tool watches,not for dress.

Master

I used to when I was younger - I think I just liked being a bit different. I also found it could be more comfortable if your watch had a prominent crown that could dig into your hand if you wore it normally.

Master

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Easier to view the time when holding an assault rifle, admittedly not everyone’s daily occurrence!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk