closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Uncle Seiko waffle strap.

Grand Master

Uncle Seiko waffle strap.

Be advised.

When your not wearing the watch with a Rubber Uncle Seiko waffle on,make sure you don't leave it in anything otherthan straight.
    Just had my watches out for rotation and both ends on my 6105 had snapped!,not stored tightly at all so very odd for that to have to happened.

Sounds very odd. I've got one of his waffle straps on a Seiko 5 so I'll check it tonight.

Get in touch and let him know. He always sounds friendly in email correspondence so he should make it right, depending on how long you've had it?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Sounds very odd. I've got one of his waffle straps on a Seiko 5 so I'll check it tonight.

Get in touch and let him know. He always sounds friendly in email correspondence so he should make it right, depending on how long you've had it?
    Cheers.......might do that.

Please do get in contact with Uncle Seiko and keep us updated. I've been considering the waffle for my new to me 6309 and Turtle and this is a slightly concerning story.

Not that you can actually buy the damn thing on the new UK site.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Please do get in contact with Uncle Seiko and keep us updated. I've been considering the waffle for my new to me 6309 and Turtle and this is a slightly concerning story.

Not that you can actually buy the damn thing on the new UK site.
    It is very odd because it is a supple rubber really and unless bent almost double I'd doubt it would just snap!.Were it not as supple and bent then I suppose it could have done that.ive emailed them to explain so let's see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    It is very odd because it is a supple rubber really and unless bent almost double I'd doubt it would just snap!.Were it not as supple and bent then I suppose it could have done that.ive emailed them to explain so let's see what they say.
    Unless it was left in an exceedingly hot or cold environment, I can't see how this would just happen. If you get time, maybe good to post some pics here of how it currently looks to see exactly where it has snapped

Master
    Blog Entries

Uncle Seiko waffle strap.

Not good I fancied one of these for my mm300.

Have you given them a chance to sort the issue?
    Last edited by Middo; 8th June 2019 at 14:16.

Craftsman
    I’ve been using an uncle Seiko waffle on my 6105 for over a year without incident. It’s my favorite rubber strap. Sorry to hear you had problems with your’s.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Not good I fancied one of these for my mm300.

Have you given them a chance to sort the issue?
    Im not unduly concerned tbh,it came to me in a trade with a watch so no money lost at my end,it was more of an heads up for anyone else,nothing more.
    I contacted Uncle Seiko with the same info etc,I wasn't and don't expect or want a replacement and told them as much.

I had the same with my MM strap. Hadn't worn the watch much, put it on and the strap snapped. Rubber ages. I have Uncle Seiko on my 6105 7001 but is a gen 2 strap. Maybe that is the difference between gen 1 and gen 2 as well as being more supple?

Sent from my BBF100-1 using Tapatalk

Master
    How soft are the Uncle Seiko rubbers? And is it the same material used on the tropic strap as that's what I am looking to purchase if it's soft enough.