closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Le Mans 2019

Le Mans 2019

I’m making the trip next week with some old school pals, anyone else from here going? One of them has already been but it was a few years ago, so hoping to tap into the hive mind to see what’s a must and what’s a “meh”.

We are staying at the Thomas Cook Sport part, just put some stickers on my mode of transport (pics hopefully below), show us what you’re doing and maybe we can say hello and have a beer or 12... we have power hook up and a fridge/freezer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Was hoping to go in the TR6 this year, but still undecided, nothing booked might just drive down on the Friday night and stay with friend, then travel in on the Saturday afternoon.

Have a good one , there is nowt better then Le Man especially so if the sun is shining

Will be heading down on Friday with a mate, staying in the pistonheads campsite. Will be my first visit to the 24hrs for cars, went to the bikes years ago which was great fun

I'll be attending for my fourth time this year, absolutely love Le Mans! I'll be going in my Focus ST in convoy with a friend's Mk. 2 Focus RS, naturally we'll be stickered up too!

I thoroughly recommend the Classic British Welcome at St. Saturnin, an amazing line up of classic and exotic cars. If you can as well, get yourself to Indianapolis corner - the cars are braking from top speed down to almost nothing, before launching out the other side towards the Porsche Curves. Night qualifying on Thursday is a great time to go, you'll be able to get in with your GE ticket and parking is free.

If you have any more questions, happy to help

Chris

Craftsman
    make the trip 45mins down the road towards Angers - great wine area to fill your boots before heading back :) (thats where I live)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nt016 View Post
    make the trip 45mins down the road towards Angers - great wine area to fill your boots before heading back :) (thats where I live)
    Usually return with a few bottles of Muscadet, any other wines from the area you would recommend?

Thanks for the replies, assimilating all the info!

Quote Originally Posted by The GMT Master View Post
    I'll be attending for my fourth time this year, absolutely love Le Mans! I'll be going in my Focus ST in convoy with a friend's Mk. 2 Focus RS, naturally we'll be stickered up too!
    We need pics of your stickered up Fords, you can probably guess who I work for so a bit of a vested interest! Will probably spend a bit of time wandering around looking at the cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Nt016 View Post
    That sounds brilliant... however, I'm the only one insured to drive and I doubt I will legally be allowed to by the time the tent has been put up

Master
    I can also recommend the Classic British Welcome, and the viewing suggestion re Indianapolis. In fact, I’ll be at both locations this year too! Always a fantastic week (we’re going next Monday).....with not very much driving between arrival and departure. Wonder who is playing at the Friday night event this year - JK was last year.

It'll be my 18th Le Mans. Staying on Epinettes with a couple of other TZ-UKers this year.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    It'll be my 18th Le Mans. Staying on Epinettes with a couple of other TZ-UKers this year.
    And for that I admire your fortitude

Master
    Going for the 7th or 8th time next week. Stickering up the car for the first time - Mk1 Audi TT.

Heading off to the South coast on Wed night, then Chunnel early Thursday morning.

We stay on a campsite at Spay, a few miles from the circuit. Taking a couple of Le Mans virgins this time in our 2 car convoy.

Pete

I've been 8 times now including the 2008 Classic, was last there in 2016 staying in Epinettes. We have a small group of us go out usually and we have Team What's Going On??? team polos made up as well as a load of car stickers for the '16 event. Why What's Going On??? Well when you're knackered and just a little pished, two certainties when you're out there, "what's going on? became a running joke as we struggled to keep up with... what was going on! Well, we find it funny

Mulsanne Corner and Indianapolis are musts for us on the Saturday night/early hours of Sunday morning, as well as a spell at the start finish straight at night - the sound of the cars is pretty epic - they'd be my top must do recommendations. We normally get out there on Wed and come back Monday, that way you get to see the practice/quali sessions mid week as well.

My Elise -

DSC_0595
    DSC_0596
    DSC_0593
    DSC_0608

I'll be at a mate's this year for the race weekend, there'll be 4 of us along with Eurosport's and Radio Le Mans coverage. Spotters guides have been sorted, beers are already bought, just need to sort out BBQ stuff!

For those of you out there this year - enjoy

My 25th year, never stickered up my car, I just don't get it!

I'm taking my trusty Subaru Forester. Not quite up there with some of the stuff I've driven there before (Spyker, DB7, 575M, NSX, Healeys, Jags, a TVR Tuscan that broke, Arnage, various Porsches including GT3 and GT3 RS, R300 Caterham and I can't even remember what else) but significantly better than the year I had to take my mother's 306, and I can fit loads of stuff in it and it's immense in muddy fields.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    Heading over on the Wednesday night, back on the Monday. Collecting a new to me B7 RS4 this morning, will post up some pics once it’s stickered up!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post

We need pics of your stickered up Fords, you can probably guess who I work for so a bit of a vested interest! Will probably spend a bit of time wandering around looking at the cars!

I'll be sure to once I've prepped it, I'll keep an eye out for you!

Chris

Master
    Epinettes for me too. Going with a fairly large and sometimes loud group of mates..... It’ll be a hoot. Fortunately, one of us is taking his iPhone charger.....a huge motor home with onboard generator. So much easier than solar-powered battery banks.

I've just found that Quest (www.questod.co.uk) will have live coverage of both the start and the finish as well some night coverage (ep2 at midnight).

Update: Or not...as their current message reads "We are unable to livestream this content due to legal restrictions".

I suppose that it may become available on catch-up.
    Last edited by PickleB; 15th June 2019 at 14:43.