Thread: Watchmaster

Master

Watchmaster

Anyone ever used them to sell a watch?

Pleased to hear

Rob

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a sale going through with them now, better offer than watchfinder ( normally used as the benchmark on here).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I have a sale going through with them now, better offer than watchfinder ( normally used as the benchmark on here).
    Thanks, Middo. Not yet 100% sure I want to part with my Seadweller so grateful if you would be kind enough to let me know in due course how it went. FYG I have been quoted a price that's about £2K more than I would have reasonably expected so I have been a little bit dubious about it....

Rob

Sold a Navitimer with them - smooth as silk and paid on time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Had a quote from them this week but it was £850 less than what Watchfinder offered (SubC date).

I purchased a watch from them and have sold several over the last 2-3 years. They are only really interested in Rolex and I've found offers for other watches tend not to be competitive. They always try to push you towards their commission model where they sell the watch and then pay you minus their fee.

All my dealings with them have been good and they are a good bunch to deal with

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Had a quote from them this week but it was £850 less than what Watchfinder offered (SubC date).
    I some with someone on the blower, the offer was much better than the initial emailed one.

Craftsman
    I'm not having a great time with them so far:

- submitted valuation request for my 2019 SMP - It's mint, being just a couple of months old and barely worn - so I'm expecting not to be bid in the balls
    - The exact model ref is not available on their drop down (it's one digit out midway through)
    - I bet they list only the blue and black dial variant of mine, not the grey dial as I have
    - I enter the details manually

Some hours later I get an email with a link to finish off the quote......only it takes me back to the start of the process, need to enter the model ref again and add pics again.

Not a problem, I'll call the number to speak to them. It's 4 pm on a saturday and their opening hours are noted as: Mon-Fri 09:00 - 20:00| Sat 10:00 - 19:00, so I should be OK.

Nope - answer machine message saying I'm calling out of hours. Jesus, if you can't set your process and website up to buy a watch off me without frustration, I can only guess what the actual customer service would be like.

Think I'll give it a miss and sell elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I some with someone on the blower, the offer was much better than the initial emailed one.
    They phoned me but said they couldn’t match/beat watchfinder.