closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where can I find.....?

Where can I find.....?

A strap for a watch with integrated endlinks?

A girl in work handed me this today and said ‘I need a new strap for this, it’s my dads’

This is the watch in question

The bracelet itself is about 18-20mm but the connecting link is 10mm, my first thoughts were watch-band-center but I can’t find anything on their site in the above style

Any ideas?

-Ian
    Last edited by goregasm; 8th June 2019 at 18:08.

Quote Originally Posted by goregasm View Post
    A strap for a watch with integrated endlinks?

A girl in work handed me this today and said ‘I need a new strap for this, it’s my dads’

This is the watch in question

The itself strap is about 18-20mm but the connecting link is 10mm, my first thoughts were watch-band-center but I can’t find anything on their site in the above style

Any ideas?

-Ian
    Does the end link come out? That would be an easier strap to find probably

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Does the end link come out? That would be an easier strap to find probably
    Yes, but it’s only 10mm across.. I don’t think a 10mm strap would be suitable

Looks like I’d need an oyster style strap but without the endlinks

Yes, but it’s only 10mm across.. I don’t think a 10mm strap would be suitable

Looks like I’d need an oyster style strap but without the endlinks
    It would be easier to source or commission a strap with a 10mm central section and cut out shoulders than the other way round though, and the strap would be much stronger

for eg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master
    Notching pliers would work on any strap to cut the central section down to 10mm

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/no...-pliers-indian

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Notching pliers would work on any strap to cut the central section down to 10mm

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/no...-pliers-indian
    Yup (if likely a bit rough). Start with a strap the width of the external widths of the lugs, leave a central section of about 10.5mm and you'll have a working strap

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by Equus View Post
    Yup (if likely a bit rough). Start with a strap the width of the external widths of the lugs, leave a central section of about 10.5mm and you'll have a working strap

Charlie
    Might mess with the stitching though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Might mess with the stitching though.
    Yes, made from scratch would be much better. Some straps have quite a big gap after the stitching though or no stitching at all. Its a bodge just lopping bits off but might solve the problem if the right strap is selected. Even given a suitable strap it would be really hard to do it such that it doesnt look awful anyway - if the budget isnt much maybe worth a try though

Steveostraps. Lovely quality, nice range of leathers, nice guy to deal with, very fair prices for handmade items and he will make something to fit exactly. I’m afraid that a butchered off-the-shelf strap will look like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Steveostraps. Lovely quality, nice range of leathers, nice guy to deal with, very fair prices for handmade items and he will make something to fit exactly. I’m afraid that a butchered off-the-shelf strap will look like crap.
    Butchered off the shelf will always look like butchered off the shelf for sure.

We could also make somthing that would work

https://www.equusleather.co.uk/watch-straps.html

admins please delete if the link offends!

Something like this is what you want - you wont get the same look chopping bits off really. The 10mm central section gives more strength than doing it the other way around

HTH

Charlie

^^ those are very nice indeed. By any chance do you make custom-made rubber straps too?

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    ^^ those are very nice indeed. By any chance do you make custom-made rubber straps too?
    Thank you, appreciated. That specific strap was made for an IWC GST and integrates the pin change mechanism inside the strap, it was quite a complex one

Im afraid we only do leather, sorry!

Charlie

All very good responses gents..

how about bracelets?

All very good responses gents..

how about bracelets?
    Cousins might - wouldnt know where else to start though. I think you'll be lucky to get a third party braclet that fits correctly to be honest

Charlie