closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Corsica, any must visit areas?

Master

Corsica, any must visit areas?

As per thread title, currently sunning myself in a beach front villa - Pallombaggia (SE of the island) Tried some diving yesterday but decided the water isn’t up to temperature yet so looking for excursion ideas! Will probably mooch around Porto - Vecchio later but all ideas welcome.

I’ve googled ‘WW2 sites’ but nothing came up, other than underwater wreck sites (again, too cold!)

Ps it’s absolutely beautiful here so doing nothing is also very appealing.

Blog Entries
    PM Billy casper…. He knows the island really well and gave me a ton of great advice in a recent holiday thread

Ben

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    PM Billy casper…. He knows the island really well and gave me a ton of great advice in a recent holiday thread

Ben
    Great, thanks for advice! It’s a bit off the beaten track for Brit tourists it seems.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When I went I enjoyed the ride around Cap Corse and stopping in little villages more than anything.

https://en.plages.tv/guide/what-to-v...-cap-corse-106

Though I only went to Bonaficio for the ferry to Sardinia I would like to go back and visit sometime.

it was stunning from the sea if very crowded.

Corsica, any must visit areas?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcofZen View Post
    It’s a bit off the beaten track for Brit tourists it seems.
    One of the attractions! We are okay, but it’s nice to get away. Guess you know the beaches N and S of PV.

Otherwise, I’d get up in to the forests and mountains inland to the W of PV. Parts of the GR20 and Mare a Mare walks, Conca, Levie, Zonza, Santa Lucie di Tallano areas. Some fantastic peaks. AIGUILLES DE BAVELLA. Bonifacio is also worth a visit.

From memory the clouds build afternoon so worth having a waterproof if venturing in to the mountains. Otherwise it’s always been hot, so have enjoyed a half day walk and then down to the beach and sea to cool off.

Oysters? Up the coast to Aleria area.

As mentioned in PM, for WW2 - CWGC at Biguglia near Bastia. Small cemetery: I think mainly air crew and sailors from memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 5th June 2019 at 13:08.

Craftsman
    Bonifacio is pretty nice. Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones were having lunch on their boat in the harbour when I was there a couple of years ago.

Master
    Thanks chaps, will definitely take a drive to Bonifacio - it’s only 40 minutes from the villa! I just wish the sea was a bit warmer... at only 16° it’s too chilly for me to enjoy the diving. Although the wrecked B17 G “Baron” up in the North is very tempting!

A wet suit and job jobbed.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    A wet suit and job jobbed.
    I also don’t enjoy being layered up in multiple or over thick suits. Having dove in 15 ish countries I know what I like, and it’s warm water! Preferably 30° plus. It’s not just about the cold either.

Thanks chaps, will definitely take a drive to Bonifacio - it’s only 40 minutes from the villa! I just wish the sea was a bit warmer... at only 16° it’s too chilly for me to enjoy the diving. Although the wrecked B17 G “Baron” up in the North is very tempting!
    Good decision, Bonifacio is a must.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I also don’t enjoy being layered up in multiple or over thick suits. Having dove in 15 ish countries I know what I like, and it’s warm water! Preferably 30° plus. It’s not just about the cold either.
    I went in September by then the water is very warm.

Craftsman
    Stop being a wimp and smash out the GR20, can be done in a week.

Blog Entries
    One place not mentioned is the Isola di Lavezzi (Lavezzi Island). We stopped there in a little tour from Santa Teresa (Sardinia north tip) , only 20 min from Bonifacio. Previous stop the great little island of Cavallo. Beautiful unspoiled rocks and beaches, lobsters at 15m depth, sea urchins (now protected). We used to go with a net, lemons and a flat short knife. Shame it was 35 years ago - now a snorkelling paradise with large fish groups coral etc.
    Last edited by Franco; 7th June 2019 at 18:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One place not mentioned is the Isola di Lavezzi (Lavezzi Island). We stopped there in a little tour from Santa Teresa (Sardinia north tip) , only 20 min from Bonifacio. Previous stop the great little island of Cavallo. Beautiful unspoiled rocks and beaches, lobsters at 15m depth, sea urchins (now protected). We used to go with a net, lemons and a flat short knife. Shame it was 35 years ago - now a snorkelling paradise with large fish groups coral etc.
    Franco - I really like your style. Any other contribution on a diving topic on the forum would kick off a discussion on watches and other bits of kit. Your approach is to take seasoning .
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Blog Entries
    You know my brain is connected to my stomach 😜😜