closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex 116610LV Hulk - price enquiry

Master

Rolex 116610LV Hulk - price enquiry

Hi,

What would be a fair price for a 10/2013 Hulk?
    Full set, good condition.
    And I mean a fair price between watch enthusiasts.
    The dealer prices seem to be all over the place.

Thank you for your input.

Unfortunately most people want dealer prices on hot watches and I can understand it to some point, the odd "fair" price watch turns up but then it all gets contentious as the buyer can and sometimes automatically flips for the dealer price.

Well it only seems like a few weeks ago that Kash listed his here at around £8500 ish but I think its moved on since then. There has been one listed on SC for a while now at £10,750 which appears to have been slow to sell.

Make of that what you will.

The old strategy of pricing off Watchfinder trade offers seems slightly off these days as they are increasingly thought of being the main driver of price inflation beyond usual market forces..........albeit they must sell them close to those asking prices so who I am to judge.

I'm not sure how you split the 'enthusiast' from the more casual 'high net worth' Rolex consumer but if it were the former I'd suggest a reasonable enthusiasts value would be around £9,500 may be £10,000 for a later model?

Which of course is irrelevant as the market will decide and then decide whether you are willing to play!

I was surprised to find WF were only offering £7500 to £8000 for 116610LV's even though they have them up at £13000. About £8500 to £9000 is about where a 2013 model at IMO.
    Last edited by paneristi372; 5th June 2019 at 10:48.

Craftsman
    I would think £8500-£9000 would be fair. WF offered me £9500 a few weeks ago for a 2018 LV as a straight sale.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    I was surprised to find WF were only offering £7500 to £8000 for 116610LV's even though they have them up at £13000. About £8500 to £9000 is about where a 2013 model at IMO.
    I’m sure WF must sell, but it’s hard to imagine how with their pricing. I inquired a while back to trade one watch of mine, against one of theirs on sale. They offered 25% under market on mine, and knocked something off the watch they were selling which took it to 25% over market. So 25% margin on BOTH sides of the trade.
    I thanked them for the laugh and easily made far better sale and purchase elsewhere, but WF remain in business and allegedly opening new stores, so must somehow have enough sellers and buyers to support their pricing.

They trade vey well from what I hear but they do have high retail rents, business rates and staff cost to pay........never mind the danger money.

25% mark up seems reasonable all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    I would think £8500-£9000 would be fair. WF offered me £9500 a few weeks ago for a 2018 LV as a straight sale.
    They offered me a 8750 on 2019 with stickers a few weeks ago watchfinder

I think £8500 / £9000 is right money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bokbok; 5th June 2019 at 12:18.

Quote Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
    The offer me a 8750 on 2019 with stickers a few weeks ago

Based on those response that seems like the right price then if you want a quick sale?

Having said that I'd ask more for mine if I was selling a nearly new one.....the cheapest one in the European Union on Chrono24 is nearly £11k.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Based on those response that seems like the right price then if you want a quick sale?

Having said that I'd ask more for mine if I was selling a nearly new one.....the cheapest one in the European Union on Chrono24 is nearly £11k.
    The end of of day everyone can ask what the want or stick it on ebay... Or Chrono 24 watch is worth what someone wants to pay

Craftsman

That’s about right. One was snapped up straight away on here the other day for 8700.

It’s all good asking for dealer prices but you also need the reputation for people to fork out that kind of money.

Craftsman

Just looked back. 24th April they offered £9250-£9500 stickered 2018 watch. Go figure

The one on SC a short while ago went in a flash as it was very well priced.

Depending on condition and age for a private sale I would say £9-£10k

An older model clearly worn, maybe due a service in a couple of years at the bottom end of the range with a more recent 2016 on model in excellent/mint condition at the £10k mark.

Master
    I never sell Rolex watches because despite the fact that it upsets a few people, most Rolex are better than money in the bank.

If I had a 116610LV, I would get it serviced so it had all the stickers on it etc and put it up for £11k. It will go at that price.

I have no intention of subsidising some cheapskate who wants to buy under the going rate waving the flag of fellow matey watch enthusiast. If they want the watch, they pay the market rate and that is the fairest rate possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    I never sell Rolex watches because despite the fact that it upsets a few people, most Rolex are better than money in the bank.

If I had a 116610LV, I would get it serviced so it had all the stickers on it etc and put it up for £11k. It will go at that price.

I have no intention of subsidising some cheapskate who wants to buy under the going rate waving the flag of fellow matey watch enthusiast. If they want the watch, they pay the market rate and that is the fairest rate possible.
    they pay the market rate and that is the fairest rate possible. What is that then?

Master
    If the last one went at 8.7K on here 2 weeks ago then 11K is a bit of a jump for folks to do mentally I would say.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    2013 approx 9k ish......

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    They trade vey well from what I hear but they do have high retail rents, business rates and staff cost to pay........never mind the danger money.

25% mark up seems reasonable all things considered.
    The others I dealt with had the same overheads, but could operate well on lower margins. 25% margin on either side I can just about tolerate for convenience, but it took me no time at all to make a four figure saving on WF”s offer. If that’s a model they need, it’s a risky one when it’s so easy to do much better.

My advice would be to sell quick. Can't say too much at this stage for obvious reasons but expect supply of Rolex Sports to materially increase in the medium future as they are building a new production facility which is nearing completion.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    My advice would be to sell quick. Can't say too much at this stage for obvious reasons but expect supply of Rolex Sports to materially increase in the medium future as they are building a new production facility which is nearing completion.

Or perhaps this will make the old production line watches worth more

Also whilst we are on the subject of new Rolex news they are in the process of completing construction of a new part of their servicing facility in the UK which will enable them to offer valeting of watches without a service (due to longer service intervals). Cost is around £220 for a full valet and they have a HUGE ultrasonic machine that can do hundreds of watches in a go

Master

I think I recall Haywood saying similar a few months back - that Rolex would be increasing supply this year.

It is strange really what’s happened as only 5 or 6 years ago I got offered a hulk at a discount. Now they are nearly double.

If it does happen some of these companies that hold a lot of stock could take a bit of a bath.

I have just had a look on Chrono24 and eBay for UK sellers. The cheapest watch is advertised for £10,650.

I am not saying that represents the final selling price but it appears that it is getting more difficult to source one for less than £10k at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    If it does happen some of these companies that hold a lot of stock could take a bit of a bath.
    Not sure many here will be shedding a tear over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I think I recall Haywood saying similar a few months back - that Rolex would be increasing supply this year.

It is strange really what’s happened as only 5 or 6 years ago I got offered a hulk at a discount. Now they are nearly double.

He was correct. Production increasing to satisfy demand. Facility nearing completion. Daytona I'm sure will still be hard to get but anyone sitting on a Ceramic Sub or GMT as a long term investment is about to be slipped a Rolex roofie and wake up with a sore bottom!

Master
    He was correct. Production increasing to satisfy demand. Facility nearing completion. Daytona I'm sure will still be hard to get but anyone sitting on a Ceramic Sub or GMT as a long term investment is about to be slipped a Rolex roofie and wake up with a sore bottom!

Will be nice that genuine watch enthusiasts can buy at RRP again without having to wait years or pay silly money. Also clever move if Rolex still keep the Daytona harder to get as it does keep an air of desirability for the brand from a business point of view. Interesting to see how all this unfolds.

Craftsman
    Also whilst we are on the subject of new Rolex news they are in the process of completing construction of a new part of their servicing facility in the UK which will enable them to offer valeting of watches without a service (due to longer service intervals). Cost is around £220 for a full valet and they have a HUGE ultrasonic machine that can do hundreds of watches in a go

In what capacity do you have this information as its very interesting.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I have also heard something similar and lets be honest it makes sense.
    When your local Mappin & Webb Rolex display is barren and the grey dealer next door has every sports model available at double the price!

I do wonder if that's the reason the new GMT with new cases and movements weren't introduced with a oyster bracelet (with blnr and green hand GMTc discontinued) , so they can be reintroduced next Basel with oyster bracelets & it would be a much increased production (that's currently being built) so nobody is waiting 10 Years for one.

Lets be honest Rolex sports are in a bit of a bubble at the moment & instagram is full of Rolex sports watches pics with hashtag investment surely something has to change...

Master
    Just imagine being able to buy any model with only a short wait. Although, then, quite a lot of people wouldn’t want them! Without a profit, they’re back to being just fine watches.
    As it should be.

Craftsman
    I’m surprised if this is true that it hasn’t been noticed and reported on.

Hopefully you are right.

Master

Interesting info. But why would your advice be to sell quick? If the watch is being enjoyed who cares if a new facility is being made to increase supply! (Maybe you will come back and remind me of my post when the sports models are being given away at 20% discount!)

Craftsman

I’m a relatively newcomer to the scene (Been reading the TZ forums a while without an account) and am trying to purchase my first (Black Sub Date) via an AD. What you’ve said might have increased my chances of getting one - curious what sort of timeframe the ‘medium future’ you refer to is?

Maybe this is why Watchfinder are being a bit tighter with their offers?

If they knew the same thing as Ryan has suggested is happening then it makes sense to give yourself a bigger margin......both ways.

Make hay while the sun shines etc etc.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Shame that we are discussing watches as investment pieces - have they just become a commodity?

I really hope the news on Rolex production facilities pans out. I can wait - Rolex are good, but not special.

to the OP: depending on age - £8.5K to £9K for a private sale. Between £7 to £8K if sold to a second-hand retailer. (New MRP From an AD £6.9K)

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 5th June 2019 at 18:22.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Shame that we are discussing watches as investment pieces - have they just become a commodity?

I really hope the news on Rolex production facilities pans out. I can wait - Rolex are good, but not special.

to the OP: depending on age - £8.5K to £9K for a private sale. Between £11k and £12.5k from a second-hand retailer. From an AD £6.9K.

Martyn
    Cock on that in my opinion

Blog Entries
    Cock on that in my opinion

Pardon?

Pardon?
    What you said was bang on

I bought a pre-owned Rolex GMT 116710LN from WF a couple of months ago for over RRP. I also received an offer from them stating that they would buy my watch back from me for what I paid them for it two years from the date of purchase, providing it is good condition. My point is, they wouldn’t have done that had they known (and it should) Rolex intends to produce X thousand more watches than it does now (whilst accepting mine is a discontinued model). I, for one, cannot see it changing its current business model of ‘limiting and dividing’ anytime soon. Love to know where all these hypothesis come from though!
    Last edited by WHL1882; 5th June 2019 at 18:31.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I bought a pre-owned Rolex GMT 116710LN from WF a couple of months ago for over RRP. I also received an offer from them stating that they would buy my watch back from me for what I paid them for it two years from the date of purchase, providing it is good condition. My point is, they wouldn’t have done that had they known (and it should) Rolex intends to produce X thousand more watches than it does now (whilst accepting mine is a discontinued model). I, for one, cannot see it changing its current business model of ‘limiting and dividing’ anytime soon. Love to know where all these hypothesis come from though!
    Watchfinder’s offer is to buy back at the same price AGAINST another watch.

If that watch is similarly inflated, they are still on a winner.

Journeyman

Sounds great to me!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Watchfinder’s offer is to buy back at the same price AGAINST another watch.

If that watch is similarly inflated, they are still on a winner.
    Well their ‘Guaranteed Buy Back’ letter states “WF Ltd guarantee to re-purchase the watch from the above mentioned customer for the sum of (actually, slightly more than I paid for it!) on or after 10th April 2021...subject to inspection of the batch and it being returned with all associated boxes and paperwork. Any necessary refurbishment work will be deducted from the offered price”.

Absolutely no mention of it being against the purchase of another watch - not even in the T&c’s.

Craftsman
    To be honest this talk about increased production has to shake the market up
    Ive recently traded my 2010 hulk at 8k which i was happy with watch was sold for 10k
    But remember that a dealer has to pay marginal vat on that
    ie the difference between cost price and dale price so the £2000 profit becomes £1600 and £400 to the government
    Bare this in mind for the dealer as this is the true profit less business overhead costs

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    Well their ‘Guaranteed Buy Back’ letter states “WF Ltd guarantee to re-purchase the watch from the above mentioned customer for the sum of (actually, slightly more than I paid for it!) on or after 10th April 2021...subject to inspection of the batch and it being returned with all associated boxes and paperwork. Any necessary refurbishment work will be deducted from the offered price”.

Absolutely no mention of it being against the purchase of another watch - not even in the T&c’s.
    I'm sure they would be more than happy to buy it back in 2yrs time at the price they sold it to you.

For example I bought this LV from them in 2016 - how things have changed.

Of course that LV has long gone from my little collection.

Master
    I was speaking with the only Rolex AD in NI recently. I have been on the mythical list for a BLRO since release, and be promised I would get one in 2019. Also hopeful about getting a BLNR for her indoors (40th birthday present).
    Don't know how much store to put by that tho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm sure they would be more than happy to buy it back in 2yrs time at the price they sold it to you.

For example I bought this LV from them in 2016 - how things have changed.

Of course that LV has long gone from my little collection.
    The world in two year’s time could be significantly different to the last few! No intention of getting rid of it anyway.

After a slight nudge WF have offered £9k for my 2011 one owner mint full set within the last few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I was speaking with the only Rolex AD in NI recently. I have been on the mythical list for a BLRO since release, and be promised I would get one in 2019. Also hopeful about getting a BLNR for her indoors (40th birthday present).
    Don't know how much store to put by that tho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I’ve dealt with a chap in their Victoria Square store and found them to be fairly decent. Although they said that if anyone flips a Rolex, they won’t be a customer again. I got an Explorer off them a few months ago and was happy. Hope they honour their promise.

I think there will be a number of people who have paid over RRP for a Rolex very upset when production does eventually increase and prices drop.

https://usa.watchpro.com/prices-hott...et-specialist/
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 5th June 2019 at 21:25.

Craftsman
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F283501438202

No affiliation to me. Just another crazy price.