closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brothers from diffrent mothers, PRS 17c & Tutima 768

Brothers from diffrent mothers, PRS 17c & Tutima 768

Brothers from diffrent mothers. The same idea but slightly diffrent execution. Precista PRS 17c vs Tutima Field Chronograph ref. 768-01. I like them both, can’t decide which one to keep, then both will stay with me. If I would compare them together then Tutima has definitely better quality of bezel. It is easier to turn and has more solid feel, it has very nice click, sounds more like Submariner bezel. Looking at the case, then better looking, qualitywise, is Precista. It is slightly better finished. Another thing is that Tutima has screw-in bars, like old Panerai uses, where Precista uses a spring bars. The crowns use the same way of internal threaded tube, but Tutima has more refined crown in shape. The dial for me is better in Tutima, because of adding small hash marks on hour 2, 6, and 10 what I really miss on Precista when chrono minute is running. The hands are better eye catching on Tutima. The orange colour is very bright and more like safety vest orange. I must addmit that I love this Tutima orange, it is not so plane like yellow on Precista. The chrono hands are more popping to the front in Tutima leaving hour and minute hand in back ground, whereas in Precista the hour and minute are legible in the first place. The luminova is better on Tutima, longer lasting. Both use the same movement eta 251.262 and are 100m WR.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Very interesting, thanks. I particularly like the date placement of the Tutima.... I don't think I've seen it done that way before... replacing the 4th indice.

Craftsman
    Great watches, interesting post, thank you.

Brothers from diffrent mothers, PRS 17c & Tutima 768

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Very interesting, thanks. I particularly like the date placement of the Tutima.... I don't think I've seen it done that way before... replacing the 4th indice.
    Me too. Precista would look better if exactly between 4 and 5.

Master
    The later 17Cs with the white on black date look better than the earlier ones (IMHO). Love the orange on the Tutima though.

- - - Updated - - -

The later 17Cs with the white on black date look better than the earlier ones (IMHO). Love the orange on the Tutima though.

Journeyman
    I agree the placement on the Tutima is great looking.

I have both watches too and agree that the Tutima looks and feels slightly better than the Precista. The bezel inserts are slightly different too, but both great watches.

Here I have the three variations of this chrono

Excellent! I must confess that I have the same trio.

Craftsman
    The 12 hour bezel and black date disc look great. Can we presume that the Sinn 815 is the rarest of the variations in this case?

I bought rivet bracelet from watchgecko and I think it is very good match.

Craftsman
    Up from the depths.....another variation in this case. Never seen a Bulova version before but think it looks cool with the crazy numerals, legit or not.

Craftsman
    That Tutima is terrible. Just hideous .... just get rid of it and sell it to me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by size11s View Post
    Up from the depths.....another variation in this case. Never seen a Bulova version before but think it looks cool with the crazy numerals, legit or not.
    I’ve seen a few Bulova with this case, but never with that dial. Hard to say if it’s legit or not, but currently overpriced on eBay imo.

Craftsman
    Yes, certainly overpriced, by a factor of at least 2 I reckon. The case is a little different having sharper slopes, (not rounded) details on the lugs.

I hadn’t noticed the slight difference in the case shape at the lugs on the Bulova. The “regular” Bulova with this type of case is the Bulova Quartz Marine Star 660 Feet, which has the rounded lugs. Edit: Looking at the pIctures, it might have the stepped lugs.

This watch also comes in versions with the same dial, but with different brand names such as Rotary and Everite amongst others.
    Last edited by Timelord; 4th February 2020 at 22:59.

Apprentice
    Nice watches!

Thread resurrection, - I have the PRS 17 version but would prefer the Tutima handset, who could paint them?
    Also the Tutima bezel - would it fit, finally maybe I should try to track down the Tutima?

I hate this place
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Is there any chance the PRS 17C will make a comeback?

I think it's a great looking watch and would definitely buy one if the price was similar to before.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Apprentice
    Check out Farer quartz chronos, they all have date placement at 4 o'clock and it looks very nice (I have one).