closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best console racing game?

Master

Best console racing game?

The racing rig thread has inspired me to get a decent set up, race seat, wheel, pedals.

Whats the best racing game on a console, i wont have tonnes of time so something relatively accessible.

GT on PS4 or Forza on xbox, or something else?

GT Sport for me

Forza Horizon 4 for me.

Craftsman
    I've found that for a proper set up which you describe, you should probably go for more of a simulator such as the Gran Turismo series. 'Arcadey' racers lend themselves more to a controller.

^ definitely. You need a race seat rig with a good wheel.

If you are going wheel and pedals, definitely go for Assetto Corsa or Project Cars 2. They are both simulators rather than games. Forza series whilst good, are not a patch on the aforementioned.
    Be careful if you do open pandora's box though!
    I started with Forza 3 on Xbox 360 many years ago, migrated to Forza 7 with controller on Xbox One S and recently moved to AC and PC2, with a Playseat Evolution, wheel and pedals and 32" monitor on monitor stand. I'm now considering migration to PC, triple monitors, Full Fanatec CSL setup and potentially iRacing or RFactor 2. It's a slippery slope!

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    I'm now considering migration to PC, triple monitors, Full Fanatec CSL setup and potentially iRacing or RFactor 2.
    I recently went from a PS4 to a PC with ultrawide monitor and VR set up specifically for racing in PC2. It's dead fancy, the graphics are a bit smoother and better latency gave me a few seconds a lap here and there but ultimately it's no more fun than a PS4 and a decent TV was. I wouldn't really recommend it.

Master
    horizon 4 is superb, the F1 games are also really very good.

Craftsman
    I am surprised their are no racing games taking advantage of the PS4 headset yet.

GT Sport is VR as well. 1080p only though.

Quote Originally Posted by RichS View Post
    I'm now considering migration to PC, triple monitors, Full Fanatec CSL setup and potentially iRacing or RFactor 2. It's a slippery slope!
    Go for it. I love iRacing. I’d consider VR over triples. The immersion is superb. I can hit apexes better and get closer to other cars since switching.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    I recently went from a PS4 to a PC with ultrawide monitor and VR set up specifically for racing in PC2. It's dead fancy, the graphics are a bit smoother and better latency gave me a few seconds a lap here and there but ultimately it's no more fun than a PS4 and a decent TV was. I wouldn't really recommend it.
    PC2 is a different beast from iRacing and RF2. I’ve been an iRacing subscriber for 7 years now. It is constantly evolving (there’s a new quarterly build out today) and features the best online racing against real people. The VR is superb. RF2 features many mods allowing a great deal of expansion. I’d throw Assetto Corsa into the ring too. I consider it better than RF2. It also has loads of mods with great support for VR.

Master
    For accessibility you cannot go wrong with any of the forza titles, I’m on horizon 4 and forza 5,6,7 on my Xbox at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I went in all in Project Cars 2 and a Logitech G29 rig. I got bored after literally a few days and flogged it all.

My research told me this was the set up to go for, but it just wasn't for me.