closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Air Conditioning

Craftsman

Air Conditioning

I'm thinking about getting air conditioning installed at home and so far have narrowed it down to a multi-split air conditioning system with either 2 or 3 heads (I think that's the correct term for an indoor unit).

The rooms being cooled aren't enormous, 2 of them are about 16m2 the third potential room is approximately 26m2.

There are loads of manufacturers and I haven't been able to find a recent comparison so was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience?
    So far I'm thinking of the Daikin Ururu Sarara or the LG Dualcool inverter systems.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Got Mitsubishi here in the office and they have been faultless

Cant offer any advice sorry.!

Saying that, a few months ago, I bought a new air conditioner for a bedroom for my house in Thailand.

Over there, 99% of the shops reckon Mitsubishi were number one.......or else Daikin, are "same same as Mitsubishi....but different logo!"?!

I bought a Daikin one.!

Craftsman
    Thanks guys,

I have an installer coming round tomorrow to do a survey and quote. I'll add Mitsubishi to the list of potentials.

Master
    In Spain Mitsubishi are the market leader due to a good reputation for longevity.

The aircon takes a real pounding out here and mine runs for about 15 hours a day in the hot season.

We have just had a couple of Fujitsu units installed, tbh went with our trusted plumbers advice, they are certainly whisper quiet which is great as they will mostly be used for a good nights sleep in August. If memory serves the price including installation came in about 1300 euro, just for comparison. The 2 rooms are each about 20 meters square.

Master
    I am a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer. Mitsubishi all the way. You will pay for it (as you will with Daikin) but in my opinion they are the best out there at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    There looks to be 2 different Mitsubishi options, heavy industry and electric. Is there a big difference between the two?

We had General when jesus was born
    Then moved to Sharp
    Now Mitsubishi

And we put them to real tests in the summer period

I would bet on Mitsubishi and Daikin these days

Craftsman
    Looks like Mitsubishi electric is more domestically focused, this model looks interesting: https://les.mitsubishielectric.co.uk...rter-heat-pump

Does anyone have any experience of it?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemuncher22 View Post
    I am a refrigeration and air conditioning engineer. Mitsubishi all the way. You will pay for it (as you will with Daikin) but in my opinion they are the best out there at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s two of us then!!!

I also would go with Mitsi ( that’s Mitsi Electric over Mitsi Heavy Industries)

Both of your two mentioned ones you can not go wrong with and over here we see a lot of Teco and Sampo, cheaper but I get the feeling they last for less time.

Saying that our Sampo's are coming up to ~15 yrs thou, 6 months of the year it is 32-38C so they get a lot of use and the 'not lasting so long' doesn't really seem much of a problem after all.

Daikin are the gold standard IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Air conditioning....usually installed by sneaky buggers........to shelter from global warming......whilst all the time contributing to it.... :-)

Craftsman
    Couldn't you use that argument against any powered cooling device? :)

Craftsman
    The installer came round to measure up, he recommended the Daikin Stylish range which I hadn't looked at previously.
    He said they can get hold of any of the manufacturers units but tend to fit more Daikin and Panasonic than Mitsubishi.
    I don't have a quote for the install yet, seemed like it should be pretty straight forward though with a wall mounted outdoor unit and the two indoor units on top of each other on the ground and first floors.
    2.5kW for the bedroom, 3.5kW for the living room.
    Sounds like it's a 2 day install.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    Daikin are the gold standard IMO.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app
    No longer . Daikin /goodman used to be market leader and “gold standard” but in the last five years there have been problems with the manufacturing being transferred in mainland China. At least in Italy, recently Mitsubishi has become the firm market leader.

I've got a Samsung Smart Inverter in my office (12 square metres) and it's faultless.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I had 5 split unit Carrier systems fitted in my house and after 14 yrs use I have just had to replace 2 of them .

Craftsman
    Got the quotes through.
    It's £3,391 for the Daikin Stylish system for the 2 rooms, £2,826 for the Panasonic Etherea.
    Those are the two recommended by the installer.

Looks like about £1,200 over the retail cost of the units to cover labour and installation parts, does that seem correct?

VAT rate is included and at 5%.

Journeyman

A/C

Very reasonable I’d say.
    Couple of days labour for man and mate, couple of hundred quids worth of matl’s, profit

Apprentice
    I have a small house, so I have a very ordinary air conditioner that I bought for one thousand dollars, and it does its job, so I do not know what model to recommend. The only thing I don't like is that my air conditioner often breaks down -- I'll probably need to pay for hvac installation soon. My a/c also refused to blow out cold air recently. It was in the summer, now it's much colder outside, and there's no point in using air conditioning, but I've been messing with it a lot, I admit. It's good that I now have friends who work in an a/c repair service, and they often help me.

Quote Originally Posted by fisher2 View Post
    I have a small house, so I have a very ordinary air conditioner that I bought for one thousand dollars, and it does its job, so I do not know what model to recommend. The only thing I don't like is that my air conditioner often breaks down -- I'll probably need to pay for hvac installation soon. My a/c also refused to blow out cold air recently. It was in the summer, now it's much colder outside, and there's no point in using air conditioning, but I've been messing with it a lot, I admit. It's good that I now have friends who work in an a/c repair service, and they often help me.
    Work hard, you might be able to afford a larger one.

We have Daikin in our Pilates Studio of approx 30sq.m. and in the house we have two Fujitsu units. All are Air to Air heat pumps, so are pretty efficient, they all work brilliantly for cooling but struggle a little at heating if the ambient temperature is much below freezing. All very quiet and no problems. All three are independent so a cassette and compressor each. All in I think we paid i.r.o £5k. Overall I am very pleased with them as we mostly use them for A/C and cooling.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fisher2 View Post
    I like biscuits and sea horses and tinsel and broomsticks and black cabs and bananas.