closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Deployant Convert

Deployant Convert

I've had a few deployant straps over the years and never got on with them. I realise that's probably because they were a bit nasty in quality terms.

If I'm honest I also didn't really see the point over a regular buckle.

Whilst fannying about with straps the other night I decided to try Eddie's deployant clasp from my canvas two-piece on my rubber waffle strap.

Well, now I get it!

It adds so much balance to the watch head it feels like a different watch!

It's also very comfortable and feels so much more secure than a buckle.

Happy days :)

Eddie's are excellent deployants, and I've bought a couple of the straps simply to liberate the clasp to use elsewhere.

I far prefer deployants to tang buckles primarily because they are far less harsh on the straps. However, I'm not a fan of the 'butterfly' style as they add too much thickness. I have that type on a couple of Bremonts. The style used by Omega/Patek etc. (no idea what they're called) are IMHO far better as they're slimmer. All personal choice of course.
    Last edited by Skier; 4th June 2019 at 09:53.

Craftsman
    They dont rest as nice on the side table though!

Quote Originally Posted by ejtrent View Post
    They dont rest as nice on the side table though!
    They’re better if you like your watch in its side, so you can see the time at night without picking it up!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    They’re better if you like your watch in its side, so you can see the time at night without picking it up!
    Ok I'll let you have that one

I would like to be able to wear them but no matter what version I try I can’t get a comfortable fit.
    The radius of the inside curve is always too small for my wrist. I don’t have a massive wrist but I can’t get it comfortable.
    I think they look great though.
    Bracelet clasps are never an issue strangely.

Master
    I like the idea in theory but I obviously lack the required manual dexterity. I tried on a JLC Squadra (?) a couple of months ago and the assistant had to help me close the clasp!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I far prefer deployants to tang buckles primarily because they are far less harsh on the straps. However, I'm not a fan of the 'butterfly' style as they add to much thickness. I have that type on a couple of Bremonts. The style used by Omega/Patek etc. (no idea what they're called) are IMHO far better as they're slimmer. All personal choice of course.
    Whilst i agree about strap wear being harsher on a tang buckle i would rather change the straps more often than have the feel of a deployment clasp

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Straps for deployant have noticeably different dimensions - they are cut shorter on the 12 side, with a longer tail on the 6 side.

They don't work so well on a strap intended for tang buckle - it may sit better on the wrist by turning the strap through 180'

Journeyman
    Big fan of omega deployants as they tuck away the extra length, a lot better then Tudor or IWC deployants!

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Another vote for the omega style - so easy. I spent so much time faffing about when I tried a butterfly style it would have been quicker with a tang!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Would take any kind of deployant over tang buckle. Surprisingly, find that Ebel deployant is very well designed.

Master
    I must say I have a number of Deployant buckles which I find can be uncomfortable as they end up digging into you - but having looked at the Timefactors stars range they do look good.

Shame you can't just buy the buckle separately

I love the Omega deployant, incredibly comfortable IMO. You really have to have a strap made for them though to get full benefit

I hear lots of people say the use a deployant after they dropped a watch as they where doing up a buckle, a deployant definitley adds security, much harder to let a watch drop when its a closed loop

Charlie

Back on Eddie’s canvas:

Craftsman
    On my omega deployment there was a tiny burr of metal that poked into my wrist from the underside - no idea how it got there. Took it to omega and they just replaced it, which I thought was pretty good for being a random guy off the street with a 3-4yr old watch

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app