closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dead iPhone data extraction

Dead iPhone data extraction

Haven't backed my iPhone up for ages and then when and dropped it down some concrete stairs.

Dead as a dodo. Anyone used any companies or folk that can get photos off etc. Only bothered about pics really.

Idiotic on many levels!

Thanks in advance

Have you checked iCloud.com? Sounds silly but photostream might work.

Have you done a hard reset using iTunes and installing latest firmware? YouTube for plenty of instructions.

Fixed a bricked of mine that way but a second after big impact was no joy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo View Post
    Haven't backed my iPhone up for ages and then when and dropped it down some concrete stairs.

Dead as a dodo. Anyone used any companies or folk that can get photos off etc. Only bothered about pics really.

Idiotic on many levels!

Thanks in advance
    Sorry to hear that. Easily done.

I'd certainly give your local Apple store a try. Arndale centre? 0161 216 4570

Have you tried pluging in to a computer ? see if the computer recognises the phone ,as below try to connect to I tunes/ cloud, this means the screen is toast but the chips on motherboard are working this will also override battery.

There are places that will repair for data extraction, never had to do it but have pissed about trying to fix phones ,screen change, battery replacements ect

I recently thought my iPhone had died the death. I took it to my local Apple Store and they zapped it with some Apple magic and brought it back to life. Worth a try.

Cheers all. The MacBook doesn't see it when plugged in.

I reckon a visit to the Apple Store might be on the cards. Might have to brace the Trafford Centre or Arndale. THE HORROR!!

All help welcomed ✌🏼️

As a consumer, your best bet is to bring it to Apple store and ask them to extract the data/clone it to a new handset.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Just remove the SD card,,oh ah sorry,
    Last edited by number2; 3rd June 2019 at 18:17.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

The Apple tech will just plug into iTunes and try the hard reset mentioned. Save yourself a fee/journey and do it yourself takes 10 mins!

iPhone DFU Restore

It's not just plug in you need to hold down a sequence of buttons on the phone too

https://youtu.be/qfas8iSqcaA

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    As a consumer, your best bet is to bring it to Apple store and ask them to extract the data/clone it to a new handset.
    They won't do that unless it's data transfer from a Mac and you have Joint Venture business support and bought the phone from them (£379 pa).

Their personal setup machines won't transfer that amount of data
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    iPhone DFU Restore

It's not just plug in you need to hold down a sequence of buttons on the phone too

https://youtu.be/qfas8iSqcaA

Best advice here. Put it into recovery and see if it boots and mounts. But do also try iCloud.com as you might be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    They won't do that unless it's data transfer from a Mac and you have Joint Venture business support and bought the phone from them (£379 pa).

Their personal setup machines won't transfer that amount of data Best advice here. Put it into recovery and see if it boots and mounts. But do also try iCloud.com as you might be surprised.
    I can get it in recovery mood. I'll have a fiddle. I'm not fussed about the phone I got a new one I've never used. Just annoyed at losing the photos. Bloody idiot 😞

Next time sign up for google photos and sync pictures to there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    The Apple tech will just plug into iTunes and try the hard reset mentioned. Save yourself a fee/journey and do it yourself takes 10 mins!
    This didn’t work for me, but a trip to the Apple Store did. They have some gizmo they plug in that can resuscitate a dead phone, Lazarus-style.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    This didn’t work for me, but a trip to the Apple Store did. They have some gizmo they plug in that can resuscitate a dead phone, Lazarus-style.
    Full DFU reset as I posted above, not just connect to iTunes? The guys on that vid iirc are ex-Apple and say that's what they do in store.

But hey, maybe they do have some magic dust... they're geniuses after all

Yep, I tried all the usual stuff with a full reset, iTunes etc. Totally dead to me. The Apple guy plugged in a special power cord with an in-line digital numeric display. After being connected to this for twenty or thirty seconds, it booted again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Yep, I tried all the usual stuff with a full reset, iTunes etc. Totally dead to me. The Apple guy plugged in a special power cord with an in-line digital numeric display. After being connected to this for twenty or thirty seconds, it booted again.

My 7+ died a couple of weeks ago. Took it to Apple thinking the battery had died and the lass there did the same as you describe. Result - still dead as a dodo. They offered a replacement for £339, not bad for a 128gb 7+. However I still had 6 months of the usual 24 month Vodafone warranty left, so popped around the corner to a Vodafone store to have it sent away, and had it back repaired within the stated 5 working days.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Definitely an Apple store, to the least they will upload data to iCloud.