closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Peugeot 3008 Review

Peugeot 3008 Review

Following the post a few weeks back about a newer SUV for the wife, we ended up with getting a 67 plate 3008 (active). The model above (allure) does have a few more nice features but we did not feel it was worth the extra ££'s. We had looked at the Tuscon, Ateca and T-Roc initially, the 3008 was not even a consideration. Once we looked at all the cars and had a drive the 3008 feels miles ahead of the rest of the competition. The exterior styling is nice, quite aggressive with nice touches of chrome. We went for a blue with tinted windows and a black roof, gives it a slight evoque look.

The interior really sets it ahead of anything else at this price point. The I-cockpit digital dash looks good, you can not customise it that much but can change a few of the options around. I think of the higher end models (allure and GT) you have more customisation and can also have the sat nav graphics worked into the digital dash. The car also has a decent sized touch screen for controlling the normal radio, this also controls the climate control, car settings, has car play built in as standard. The screen can run Waze which is what we use for a sat nav anyway. You also get nice toggle style buttons for short cuts to different pages on the screen. The seats are comfy and look nice, the use of materials is very good, you do not get the cheap plastics like on the cars mentioned above, it just feels like something you would get in much higher end car. The boot is large easily enough for us and the back seats have lots of space. Getting in my m240i this morning felt a bit outdated after driving the 3008, well until I put my foot down and a smile came back.

Other nice interior touches, the car automatically reads speed signs and displays the legal limits on the dash, so if you miss coming into a 30 or 40 the car will tell you. Has lane movement warnings, warning if a car is in close proximity to you etc.

We opted for the 1.2 petrol 130BHP. I drove it back from Manchester and its a surprising good little engine, pulls well low down and cruises nicely at 70 with more room to accelerate if you need to overtake. Driving back the car averaged 55mpg, but I gather on normal day to day use this will settle at around 40-45mpg. The car does have a smaller steering well than normal (to allow you to see the digital dash) but I like it, handles well with good visibility.

Overall happy with the purchase (£15K), my one fear is the car is a Peugeot! but reading reviews they have upped their game with recent models and do not have the issues of the old cars. The car has won many recent awards and get very good reviews from the usual car reviewing sites.

Just thought I would post my views as I see a few posts on here about SUV cars etc. If you don't mind the badge its a great car.

We hired a 5008 7-seater for a weekend away (took my parents) and I was impressed with the finish and feel of the car - the small steering wheel is weird but feels natural after only a few minutes