closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Average removals cost - 3 bed house / 25 miles/ South East

Question Average removals cost - 3 bed house / 25 miles/ South East

I know there are a lot of variables, but in the South East, does £800 sound reasonable? Including insurance. 3 men and a large van. Contents of a 3 bed house.

Thanks! :)
    Last edited by The Hack; 1st June 2020 at 17:32.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it sounds reasonable.

Master
    neighbour paid £490 for a 3 bed semi to move less than 7 miles. 2 blokes and a Luton type van.

Was quoted £400 for a single trip but needed another which was charged at £90 extra.

Sounds cheap. The distance is nothing, all the work is in the moving from the house to the van(s) and back when at the new premises.
    Unfortunately 25 miles make the cost look higher when 300 miles for £950 would sound more reasonable.
    The difference in work isn’t significant.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was cheap at first glance because it was a lot less than we paid to move a couple of miles. Then I remembered the workshop.......and stuff............

(It does seem reasonable though I think)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Paid £800 6 months ago to move a 3rd bedroom house about 5 miles in one large lorry, they also supplied all the boxes and paper to wrap things up with.

Craftsman
    Seems a reasonable price. Have you got more than one quoter?

Very fair price, I’d pull their arm off.

Paid £800 eight months ago. Three bed house in the south east. We moved over half of it ourselves and left them really only the bulky stuff.

Master
    Look fair to me. I paid similar about a year ago. We packed ourselves.

Thanks All. That's reassuring. First quote though.

We'll be doing all the packing ourselves.

I think I’d have happily paid that - I’ve been moving the contents of a large apartment for the last 3 and a bit days - numerous petty arguments, strained muscles in forearms and fingers. We still have lots more to move, and I’m amazed - apart from beds and sofas etc. I’ve virtually filled a 5 bed house with all the crap that’s accumulated over the years.

Next time, if there is one, I’ll either get a group of Male friends together and a couple of transit high top vans - or pay someone to pack and move it.

We have had the use of a family long when base VW Transporter- which has been a god send, but still!

I’m now in the practicalities of moving the motorbikes, and have brought 3 up today, with another 2 to go - but then I have to find away to bring the cars back and the missus doesn’t like to drive 😂
    It's just a matter of time...

Red face

Good luck! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I think I’d have happily paid that - I’ve been moving the contents of a large apartment for the last 3 and a bit days - numerous petty arguments, strained muscles in forearms and fingers. We still have lots more to move, and I’m amazed - apart from beds and sofas etc. I’ve virtually filled a 5 bed house with all the crap that’s accumulated over the years.

Next time, if there is one, I’ll either get a group of Male friends together and a couple of transit high top vans - or pay someone to pack and move it.

We have had the use of a family long when base VW Transporter- which has been a god send, but still!

I’m now in the practicalities of moving the motorbikes, and have brought 3 up today, with another 2 to go - but then I have to find away to bring the cars back and the missus doesn’t like to drive 

Master
    Cost me a grand 12month ago to move 3 bed

I paid £1600 3 years ago -for a pack and unpack service (wife had just had a baby 10 weeks earlier ) plus we had a week before exchange and completion .

Have to say was really impressed with the service . More so was the aftercare . A table got damaged , these things happen but it’s how the dealt with it, straight away sent out an independent furniture repairer during a time convenient to me. Also picked up boxed and the blankets which were wrapped round my furniture once I had unpacked fully a few weeks later.

If you’re in north London can’t recommend Rogers Removals enough!