closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VC Overseas undersea :-)

Craftsman

VC Overseas undersea :-)

The VC on its hols

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Absolutely beautiful! Looks great on the rubber strap.

Master
    Looks striking, the VCO blue dial has one of the best hues.

Master
    Sorry, nice watch from a great horological house, but looks out of place in this picture. This watch is not a water-watch, more dress, cocktail/dinner party piece IMHO. And, integrated bracelets are not for me. Certainly, Vacheron are truly a great manufacture, but in general, they are sublime pieces with some wonderful complications, but not 'tool' watches.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Sorry, nice watch from a great horological house, but looks out of place in this picture. This watch is not a water-watch, more dress, cocktail/dinner party piece IMHO. And, integrated bracelets are not for me. Certainly, Vacheron are truly a great manufacture, but in general, they are sublime pieces with some wonderful complications, but not 'tool' watches.
    Nah, that’s the patrimony etc, the overseas is their stated “sports watch”.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Oafley Jones View Post
    Nah, that’s the patrimony etc, the overseas is their stated “sports watch”.
    Agreed : it's a sports steel watch

That’s a cracker. If only they made a sub-40mm I would be a happy man

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    A watch with 150m WR is not a water watch? The overseas 3rd Gen comes with both steel & rubber straps, the Bracelet is one of the best out there (Better then the Rolex ones).

I don't get how this is not a a water watch as the overseas is not a dress watch even on leather.

I've gone running with both my 3 hand & duel time recently with no problems, Naturally watches of this price bracket are hard to class as "tool" watches people have desk diving subs for those.

They are however meant to be used on a daily basis, much the same as expensive house are not just countryside retreats.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
    The VC on its hols

Looks great, was hoping you'd got tired of the blue 2months on

Craftsman
    Beeeauuty

Lovely 👍

Master
    Great picture!

Funny to hear complaints that this doesn’t belong underwater on its interchangeable rubber strap - probably so many of us baby our watches, we forget that they’re designed precisely for this. After all, the Overseas, the RO and Nautilus are all about different engineering solutions to create a thin and elegant watch with a decent depth rating. As well as reflecting the VC logo, the shape of the bezel is determined by where it’s screwed down from the back, to make it possible to swim in something elegantly slim. Or at least, the first generation was slim, and even had an engraving of a ship on the reverse to make the point that it’s designed for a life at sea. Overseas or under seas, the clue is in the name!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think it’s a great photo,more wet ones please.

An excellent pic. Clearly someone who doesn’t think that steel sports watches are just for desk diving, or keeping in an unworn condition.

Im going to have to join the majority here and say that the VC looks perfectly at home underwater.
    It's a big sturdy chunk of stainless... certainly not "dress, cocktail/dinner party".

Blog Entries
    Just spotted your post OP! Excellent shot. I hope to take mine on many adventures - including the sea!!

Martyn.

Underpool

Vacheron Constantin seem to have seen a huge boost in popularity this past year or so.

I'm not sure how you could be more wrong, it's their steel sports watch, designed for exactly what it's being used for in the picture. The general idea being a watch you don't have to take off to go swimming.

Master
    Lovely photo.

It looks perfectly at home to me.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Sorry, nice watch from a great horological house, but looks out of place in this picture. This watch is not a water-watch, more dress, cocktail/dinner party piece IMHO.
    PANIC!!! Water Resistant Watch getting wet!!!!

Why is it generally thought fine to get a watch that looks like a Divers watch wet, but not a dress watch, even if the WR level is the same?? I rather like the idea of something being that slightly bit out of place.

lovely looking watches

Apprentice

The best way to join the holy trinity

Love the overseas. I think it has a balanced sports and dress look. Happy in either environment. This watch is a great way to join the holy trinity without selling the car and kids and still having some stealth about it. The price of these are only going to go in one direction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWatch View Post
    Love the overseas.....The price of these are only going to go in one direction.
    luckily for buyers, it’s the direction in their favour. Which I think is as it should be. The RRP meanwhile continues to climb in line with the weak pound against the Swiss franc.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWatch View Post
    Love the overseas. I think it has a balanced sports and dress look. Happy in either environment. This watch is a great way to join the holy trinity without selling the car and kids and still having some stealth about it. The price of these are only going to go in one direction.
    Yes down like most VC's but that wouldn't stop me buying one either.

Journeyman
    Awesome shot

What camera did you use?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz101 View Post
    Awesome shot

What camera did you use?
    one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-Sty.../dp/B00AXU18DA

Initially i prefered the rubber strap but now prefer the steel. Never tried the leather

Master
    Well done that man !

Craftsman
    Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely stunning watch.

The best choice out there right now among the AP RO, PP Nautilus, Chopard, GP etc

Really want one now lol

Enjoy it.

James

Journeyman
    Now that's a nice watch! Glad to see it's actually being worn and enjoyed, not kept locked away..
    The VC on its hols

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

The VC on its hols

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Absolutely lovely, and everything about it suggests that it's designed for activities like swimming, arguably excepting its replacement cost.