closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Breitling Aerospace Experts around? (E75362)

Journeyman

Any Breitling Aerospace Experts around? (E75362)

Hello all,

I'm looking at a Breitling Aerospace at the moment, an E75362 - looks to be from around 2002/3/4? Really would like to acquire it for the collection!

But, having never owned an analogue/digital watch before, would anyone know how tricky they are to service? I guess my worry is that Breitling discontinue support for the movement.

Ideally I'd love to get the history from Breitling, but apparently you can only do this as the owner ;)

What sort of value are these attracting?

I've been on the hunt for an aerospace for a couple of months now. Can't recall where I read it, but I read that breitling keep parts to look after their watches for +25 years from manufacture. Plenty of people have sent their aerospace in for a major service and it comes back with a new module, often the latest version.

Value wise... I'm not entirely sure! Ebay is dead for them. I've had loads on my watch list and they just keep getting relisted. Early 2000s one would be a grand to 1200 i'd guess if mint with service history.

Recent ones here in sc have sat at around 1300 and gone to ebay. Earlier italic dial example has sat unsold at 900. A proper, recent breitling service would be ideal, and effect the price.

I'm an E75362 owner - it's my favourite Aerospace version having the smaller case size but with the superquartz movement. I wouldn't call myself an expert in servicing but I believe the movement is subtly different to the ETA Thermoline 988.352 equivalent in that the lower set of digits are taller. So you have to get a Breitling 75 movement in the unlikely event you need to replace it. I'm not sure if the movement is designed to be serviced? But you should get seals changed and any external refurbishment of the watch case/bezel/bracelet when you get it serviced.

There's a mint E75362 on ebay but he's on at least his 3rd relist. No idea why... As its a beauty with a recent £700 service with BUK.

Currently 1200 with best offer. The italic dial is a classic.

Bought one around 1995, and went for repair around 2005.

”We have no parts for that movement - we will fit a ‘superquartz’ movement”

£800 !

Put in for new battery and some bracelet work about 4yrs ago

£600!

They can be expensive!

Journeyman
    Thanks all - very much appreciated :)

Still doing the research but all looks positive, it's just back from a BUK service as well, so I'm guessing even at the minimum service offering, it should be good to go.

Any Breitling Aerospace Experts around? (E75362)

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Bought one around 1995, and went for repair around 2005.

”We have no parts for that movement - we will fit a ‘superquartz’ movement”

£800 !

Put in for new battery and some bracelet work about 4yrs ago

£600!

They can be expensive!
    Really? I just dug out a receipt for full service at Breitling UK for less than £300 from Nov.’15 on a Rep Minutes from 1998/99 I think (pre-superquartz anyway), with no issues on parts or servicing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 2nd June 2019 at 22:01.

I will add they also suggested a new bracelet at nearly £650 but that was “optional” as they deemed it too stretched. It was not at all, so just had it polished as part of service and came back mint. £400 all in with replacement crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Really? I just dug out a receipt for full service at Breitling UK for less than £300 from Nov.’15 on a Rep Minutes from 1998/99 I think (pre-superquartz anyway), with no issues on parts or servicing it.

They probably used the parts from my movement - for yours.................

To be fair - I once got a new bracelet from them as the links came out after i ran the bracelet under the hot tap. No charge, sir- it must have been faulty.

This just appeared on eBay today... check out what he paid for a service.. . £1248.47

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breitling...s/133072741673

Thats madness. Maybe I'm missing something.. but over £1200 quid to replace a quartz module and replace a few parts? On reading it, they did replace nearly everything mind you!!

That is what worries me about sending my rep minutes to Breitling for a service. My crown is quite stiff to turn, makes skipping an hour when adjusting the time impossible (for me at least) I would get it sorted but the inconvenience isn't worth nearly that much.

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    That is what worries me about sending my rep minutes to Breitling for a service. My crown is quite stiff to turn, makes skipping an hour when adjusting the time impossible (for me at least) I would get it sorted but the inconvenience isn't worth nearly that much.
    Use it till something snaps I say! Seems they replace the module very often.

Here's another one for sale with a £700 service done: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303175090...m=303175090500

I had a WTB up for one of these.... which I've now deleted!