closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex 14060M - Advice

Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    I spoke to the dealer and the watch is to be returned tomorrow for a refund. I had the option of reimbursement of a new bezel insert by Rolex but as this is the the second issue with the watch I went for the refund. The majority advice on here swayed my opinion too.

I'm grateful to all who contributed - thank you. I knew TZ members would steer me in the right direction!

Jim
    Good result! Here's to another hunt

Well done on getting the refund and good luck finding your 14060.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Well that is a fair outcome; once you have a few issues it takes the shine off the whole episode and sometimes it is just sensible to reset and start looking again.

I had a similar experience with a vintage Top Time ... in the end much as I wanted it the love had evaporated and a refund was the best solution.
    In the end, no matter how I looked at it - it took the shine off. If was a lovely watch - my first 1406M and they are as good as people say. Very comfortable and a perfect size. I will own another (soon hopefully) but the experience will probably result in a different approach next time.

This one was full set but still had issues. Next time I will very much focus on the watch, buy in person rather than online, not get hung up on papers and perhaps limit buying to very trusted sources such as our own Haywood, dealers I have dealt with before or established members here.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Well done on getting the refund and good luck finding your 14060.
    Cheers - I'll keep looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Good result! Here's to another hunt
    I thought that was the one but onwards and upwards!

Good outcome. You don't want doubts about the watch souring your ownership.
    Maybe speak with Haywood for a replacement?

Excellent, I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end, I purchased my 14060 just before Xmas from Mike Wood - The Old watch Shop.

It is also a full set but I wouldnt get hung up on full sets, yes its nice to have all the bells and whistles but you have to start with a good original watch in the first place.

It really is a great watch and buying from someone you can trust is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    Good outcome. You don't want doubts about the watch souring your ownership.
    Maybe speak with Haywood for a replacement?
    Yes - his watch team already has my details. Just to keep an eagle eye on the website!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Excellent, I'm glad it all worked out for you in the end, I purchased my 14060 just before Xmas from Mike Wood - The Old watch Shop.

It is also a full set but I wouldnt get hung up on full sets, yes its nice to have all the bells and whistles but you have to start with a good original watch in the first place.

It really is a great watch and buying from someone you can trust is the key.
    Thanks for the good advice. Will keep an eye on Mike's site too.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    My four liner

Beautiful

Thread update

Thanks to the advice of Haywood and the good folks on here I secured my refund - thanks to all who helped and contributed.

While I loved my short time with the 14060M 2 liner I have been checking out some other choices owing to the overall buying experience being less than stellar.

I called in to an AD on Friday and they had one of the new 2019 Datejust models just in - black dial 36mm - this one.

Well frankly it was stunning to hold and feel, looked amazing on my 6.75 inch wrist and just exuded class and quality - so was a bit blown away to be honest. New case was very elegant and it has the new movement with 72 hour reserve and all the technical upgrades. New dial is simply beautiful.

I’ve never bought a Rolex new before (or a Datejust) but enjoyed the whole experience so much I’m thinking of buying this watch rather than continuing my search for another 14060M.

I don’t have a dress watch so this would be a really nice contrast.

I’m not a fan of polished centre links but it seemed to go perfectly with the watch.

What do members think in terms of the versatility of this piece? For example, will it stand up well to being a regular wearer?

Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    Thread update

Thanks to the advice of Haywood and the good folks on here I secured my refund - thanks to all who helped and contributed.

While I loved my short time with the 14060M 2 liner I have been checking out some other choices owing to the overall buying experience being less than stellar.

I called in to an AD on Friday and they had one of the new 2019 Datejust models just in - black dial 36mm - this one.

Well frankly it was stunning to hold and feel, looked amazing on my 6.75 inch wrist and just exuded class and quality - so was a bit blown away to be honest. New case was very elegant and it has the new movement with 72 hour reserve and all the technical upgrades. New dial is simply beautiful.

I’ve never bought a Rolex new before (or a Datejust) but enjoyed the whole experience so much I’m thinking of buying this watch rather than continuing my search for another 14060M.

I don’t have a dress watch so this would be a really nice contrast.

I’m not a fan of polished centre links but it seemed to go perfectly with the watch.

What do members think in terms of the versatility of this piece? For example, will it stand up well to being a regular wearer?
    If I didn't have the 14270 Explorer, this would be the other 'non-sports' Rolex I would own.

What's not to like? It's a timeless design, it's tough as boots, it will stand a dip in the pool or look good at a black tie do.

You already have a Sub and an SD, so a DJ slots in nicely. IMO of course

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    If I didn't have the 14270 Explorer, this would be the other 'non-sports' Rolex I would own.

What's not to like? It's a timeless design, it's tough as boots, it will stand a dip in the pool or look good at a black tie do.

You already have a Sub and an SD, so a DJ slots in nicely. IMO of course
    Great - thanks for the comments. You make a good point - it should slot in nicely with my other SS Rolex. It did look and feel superb I must say.

Love that model. Shame about the polished centre links but it may suit that model IRL. Refreshing to see a DJ without a fluted bezel.

Master
    The new Datejust 36 is killer. All the watch you could ever need. Likely to be my next and maybe last?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watchstudent View Post
    The new Datejust 36 is killer. All the watch you could ever need. Likely to be my next and maybe last?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is killer - glad you agree. The dial in particular is simply breathtaking - very legible.

Craftsman
    Pleased all sorted, you would have always looked at the watch with scepticism

Quote Originally Posted by browjam View Post
    Pleased all sorted, you would have always looked at the watch with scepticism
    Cheers - yes it was the right thing to do and glad I followed the advice from TZ.