closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Champions League final Allez Allez Allez

Master
    I suppose, after the semis, a let down was likely. A strangely lethargic game.

Or, put another way, 'shite'.

Craftsman
    Haters will always hate..........6 times champions

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Just saying it was crap, that's all.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Just saying it was crap, that's all.
    I put it down to 3 weeks between games. I think if we played Tottenham a week after the premiership finished, we would have taken them to the cleaners.

Master
    Low on entertainment and the swashbuckling style we had seen in the semis, but the early goal kinda killed it. Liverpool just sat back and Spurs didn't want to go for broke thinking they can always score late on.

Still a fair result in the end, and well deserved given Liverpool's performances this season.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Sounds like it was like playing in a oven as well, can't have helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I see...... So the professional ref BT employ dont know the rules either????

I’m guessing Peter Walton , right ?
    Jeez

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’m guessing Peter Walton , right ?
    Jeez
    Oh i see.......he only refd in the premiership, what does he know about the rules

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Twickers for the family and I tomorrow. Should be a monster battle between the packs. I think Saracens will win the day simply because they have great strength in depth.

As for the football game. Hopefully Liverpool. Simply because I think they deserve to win something this season, plus my bother is a Spurs fan (and has a ticket for the match)

Called it. A very satisfied AndyG The match at Twickers was an epic - a great advert for the sport, wonderful atmosphere and lashings of excitement. Shame I cannot say the same about the the match in Spain, but lets not dwell on the game, because ultimately it's the result that really matters.

Contrats to both Saracens and Liverpool (both who wore Red) and both who are 2019 European Champions.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Called it. A very satisfied AndyG The match at Twickers was an epic - a great advert for the sport, wonderful atmosphere and lashings of excitement. Shame I cannot say the same about the the match in Spain, but lets not dwell on the game, because ultimately it's the result that really matters.

Contrats to both Saracens and Liverpool (both who wore Red) and both who are 2019 European Champions.
    I wish some would take a leaf out of your book rather than being bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal fan here but I feel for Spurs. No way was that a penalty and how it was still given after a VAR review is beyond me.

Here you go.

https://www.specsavers.co.uk/?gclsrc...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    F.T.F.A.

Champions League final Allez Allez Allez

My YouTube stream is rubbish

Fine on sport.bt.com/final and minute ahead of YouTube!

Who are the band ending the show? They’re like a 21st Century Menswear - fecking crap.

Anyway, as I predicted, it was a terrible game but it’s the result after the journey that counts.

Liverpool six-time winners ...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well 6 stars on the shirt now. Absolutely deserved over the season if not the match. Saying that it was only at the end where spurs had some good shots at goal. Not sure what was wrong with Liverpool, not seen them play that bad all season. By that a mean an attacking sence, as their defensive play was very good. Anyway absolutely awesome result boys

Spurs (not Spuds) you got there. You deserve to be in the European elite. We (Arsenal) are a way behind you and I don't mind admitting it. Be proud of your team for getting to this stage. The English game has never been better, and a big part of that is you. Nothing but respect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Well you got the first part of your wish right ;)

Quote Originally Posted by the big fella View Post
    Just hoping Liverpool make the CL final and get beat again.
    Poor BadgerUK / HoneyFB is going to be inconsolable

It was a pretty underwhelming final for whatever reason(s) and Spurs were the better team (although both were poor on the night) overall. It happens like that sometimes - you cannot play exciting, accurate football every game. Spurs have a top team and manager and with some key transfers will definitely challenge next year.

However, it doesn't matter how you win - it's our 6th European cup and richly deserved after convincing wins against Bayern/Porto and then that amazing comeback vs Barcelona.

Craftsman
    Btw...... I owe alot to divok....... If it was not for him my underpants would have to have been substituted

Scouse bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Scouse bastards
    Ps. Well done. Very boring game though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Ps. Well done. Very boring game though.
    I knew a compliment was coming somewhere

I knew a compliment was coming somewhere

Sadly!

Have a fun night. You deserve it.

Craftsman
    Im heading into Central London........ Im definitely going to smile when I see those spuds

I wish some would take a leaf out of your book rather than being bitter.

Like yourself on the Premier League thread talking about City perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    It was a pretty underwhelming final for whatever reason(s) and Spurs were the better team (although both were poor on the night) overall. It happens like that sometimes - you cannot play exciting, accurate football every game. Spurs have a top team and manager and with some key transfers will definitely challenge next year.

However, it doesn't matter how you win - it's our 6th European cup and richly deserved after convincing wins against Bayern/Porto and then that amazing comeback vs Barcelona.

I rather think that Liverpool were the better team overall. I base this on the facts that they scored 2 goals and conceded none.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Like yourself on the Premier League thread talking about City perhaps.
    If you go back to it, my first comment was "congratulations" to city........... FACT

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I rather think that Liverpool were the better team overall. I base this on the facts that they scored 2 goals and conceded none.
    Looooool....... I lik that.

If you go back to it, my first comment was "congratulations" to city........... FACT

And then you started with the snide comments, a bit like saying you’d have wiped the floor with Spurs if the final had been soon after the PL end despite two league games not proving that at all. You needed a lucky own goal to win the last game.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    And then you started with the snide comments, a bit like saying you’d have wiped the floor with Spurs if the final had been soon after the PL end despite two league games not proving that at all. You needed a lucky own goal to win the last game.
    Not sure i quite follow you.......... I congrats city then followed with banter...... Most of the lfc haters came on this evening and decided to bash lfc without a congrats. Not sure whats snide about my comments of wiping the floor clean with the spuds. It seems like your glass is half empty.........

Oh i see.......he only refd in the premiership, what does he know about the rules

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...avid-Ngog.html

Yes, that Peter Walton who knows the rules. The Peter Walton who, in one season got less than 65% of his decisions correct , including 10 out of 11 sendings off. The Peter Walton who disagreed with Graham Poll and all the ex football PLAYING panel on the Utd -PSG penalty and the Otamendi penalty etc etc . Yes, that a Peter Walton who would draw groans from every match going fan who knew the game .

BTW , I did congratulate the Scousers.

I'm not talking about the result but the performance. Liverpool didn't turn up to be honest, not attacking wise compared to what they're capable of. Defensively they were excellent and in front of goal clinical, which is all you need to win. Alisson was a rock in goal and so was Van Dijk in defence. Had we the same goalkeeper as last year we would've been beaten out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Last edited by Shane; 2nd June 2019 at 08:45.

Can't really bear to read the thread - I'll just say that the match was there for the taking. We should have won it.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Can't really bear to read the thread - I'll just say that the match was there for the taking. We should have won it.
    I know it’s after the event , but why oh why did Kane start?
    He should’ve been on as an impact sub . Moura earned his starting berth. And Delli Lingard ? What is the point of him ?
    Winks looked the part along with Son and Eriksen. I’d be surprised if there aren’t a couple of the continental teams asking about the latter two.
    As for Liverpool, the two fullbacks were exceptional, Matip was also very good . You could tell Firmino had been out a while as he was poor . Mane was good up front, Salah did what he generally does against teams that give him space. Rest were meh at best. I’m just disappointed that the money grabbing two faced back stabbing boring Yorkshire goon finally got his wish when he joined a Liverpool to win trophies.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Must say as a Liverpool fan I felt a bit sorry for Moura seeing him in tears. Very harsh on him after his Semi’s hat trick.

Craftsman
    The morning after...........attacking wise we were miles off, I put that down to firminhos fitness, he makes the front 2 click. I think the early goal took the sting out of the game.

When I saw kanes name on the team sheet, it made my day. Poch should have gone with moura. His pace would have caused us problems.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I'm not talking about the result but the performance. Liverpool didn't turn up to be honest, not attacking wise compared to what they're capable of. Defensively they were excellent and in front of goal clinical, which is all you need to win. Alisson was a rock in goal and so was Van Dijk in defence. Had we the same goalkeeper as last year we would've been beaten out of sight.
    That's how I saw it too - what should have been a great showcase for English football was in reality a disappointment for any neutral watching. Ironic that Chelsea have been slated as boring most of the season yet their second half display was on a totally different level to yesterday.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Poor match but the Barca and Ajax semis made it a classic campaign

Craftsman
    3 weeks between games is never going to give you exciting football.

Craftsman
    3 weeks between games is never going to give you exciting football.

Spot on, UEFA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

Craftsman
    Its probably because UEFA favour the Spanish teams and if Barca or Real had made the final they would want to make sure they had enough time to prepare for the game. The Spanish La Liga ended on 25/26 May, whereas, the English Premier League ended 13 May.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    Its probably because UEFA favour the Spanish teams and if Barca or Real had made the final they would want to make sure they had enough time to prepare for the game. The Spanish La Liga ended on 25/26 May, whereas, the English Premier League ended 13 May.
    With a winter break for the PL next season all European leagues should be finishing at about the same time now.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just been to watch the parade it’s been a brilliant weekend in town.

Chuffed the team and Jurgen. It was nice to see JW and his Mrs travelling back with the team too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Just been to watch the parade it’s been a brilliant weekend in town.

Chuffed the team and Jurgen. It was nice to see JW and his Mrs travelling back with the team too.
    It must have been awesome....... Over half a million im reading but from the pics I would not be surprised if its a million people.

Poor bitters, probably didn't bother opening the curtains this morning

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Spot on, UEFA couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery
    As a Liverpool fan, just want to say to all you haters. We have the best supporters in the world bar none. I was in Madrid and I swear we had 150k there. The game was three weeks after the season, players cannot keep match sharp with that kind of break, somblame UEFA for that one.

As for the game itself, Klopp has learned to win and to do what’s necessary to win, that keeps the paymasters happy. Our tactics this season have been to hang on to what we have got, as soon as the first goal went in plan b came into play. Did it make for a good game for the neutral by parking the bus? No. Did it get us the result? Yes....

Oh and by the way it was a penalty. If you truly follwowed football, you would be aware that UEFA in January told all referees that they should award a penalty where the ball strikes the hand in an unnatural position. The ref followed that rule by the book and all the referee pundits have said the same thing. So let’s leave that there.

We won it six times in Madrid.....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, just want to say to all you haters. We have the best supporters in the world bar none. I was in Madrid and I swear we had 150k there. The game was three weeks after the season, players cannot keep match sharp with that kind of break, somblame UEFA for that one.

As for the game itself, Klopp has learned to win and to do what’s necessary to win, that keeps the paymasters happy. Our tactics this season have been to hang on to what we have got, as soon as the first goal went in plan b came into play. Did it make for a good game for the neutral by parking the bus? No. Did it get us the result? Yes....

Oh and by the way it was a penalty. If you truly follwowed football, you would be aware that UEFA in January told all referees that they should award a penalty where the ball strikes the hand in an unnatural position. The ref followed that rule by the book and all the referee pundits have said the same thing. So let’s leave that there.

We won it six times in Madrid.....
    Bang on bud....... I think a few turned into bitter toffees last night in here........ Haters will hate.

Madrid must have been buzzing last night.

It must have been awesome....... Over half a million im reading but from the pics I would not be surprised if its a million people.

Poor bitters, probably didn't bother opening the curtains this morning

You epitomise why no neutrals ever want Liverpool to win anything. It’s not the club, it’s the fans.

Craftsman
    You epitomise why no neutrals ever want Liverpool to win anything. It’s not the club, it’s the fans.
    Let me get the violins out.........its never been on the agenda to please neutrals.

Well all the locals wanted Liverpool to win yesterday. The amount of times I was stopped by Real and Atletico supporters all rooting for the pool. Sad to say everyone only wishes to have the support we have, it’s special. We outnumbered spurs supporters a minimum 3-1 maybe 4-1. Supporters I met from the US, Australia, China, Japan, Chile, Russia.... I won’t go on about it anymore. I am just proud to support this team.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Well all the locals wanted Liverpool to win yesterday. The amount of times I was stopped by Real and Atletico supporters all rooting for the pool. Sad to say everyone only wishes to have the support we have, it’s special. We outnumbered spurs supporters a minimum 3-1 maybe 4-1. Supporters I met from the US, Australia, China, Japan, Chile, Russia.... I won’t go on about it anymore. I am just proud to support this team.
    We dont want to upset the neutrals