closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Champions League final Allez Allez Allez

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You epitomise why no neutrals ever want Liverpool to win anything. It’s not the club, it’s the fans.

Not sure why you feel qualified to speak for all neutrals.

The vast majority of folks I spoke to (in the South West) wanted Liverpool to win simply because they had a great season and that they had already beaten Spurs home and away during the PL season.

Its done. Time to let it go, before you come across as bitter.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Strange the abuse Liverpool fans / scousers get when the fan base is completely global. When you go to a liverpool game or an away it's astounding how many fans are not from Liverpool.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange the abuse Liverpool fans / scousers get when the fan base is completely global. When you go to a liverpool game or an away it's astounding how many fans are not from Liverpool.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realise there was a rule regarding supporting a club in a different town or city......... Is this a act of parliament or a municipality rule???

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I didn't realise there was a rule regarding supporting a club in a different town or city......... Is this a act of parliament or a municipality rule???

I think we are on the same page here.

I was replying to the likes of Badger etc who seem to have a problem with scousers but I'm telling him our fan base is truly global and in Madrid there will have been probably 60k+ Liverpool fans not from Liverpool.

Badger seems an odd one, keeps going on about scousers being robbers but Manchester has far far greater crime levels, from petty crime to gun crime to rape.

Master
    Well done Liverpool - glad the season has ended on such a high.

Spurs, Man City and Liverpool have been the 3 outstanding English clubs for the last 2 seasons now (maybe the final league positions do lie!) - I remember Spurs being written off at the beginning of the season for the lack of spending and being stuck at Wembley. They proved everyone wrong and next season will be a force to be reckoned with again - if the manager stays...!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, just want to say to all you haters. We have the best supporters in the world bar none. I was in Madrid and I swear we had 150k there. The game was three weeks after the season, players cannot keep match sharp with that kind of break, somblame UEFA for that one.

As for the game itself, Klopp has learned to win and to do what’s necessary to win, that keeps the paymasters happy. Our tactics this season have been to hang on to what we have got, as soon as the first goal went in plan b came into play. Did it make for a good game for the neutral by parking the bus? No. Did it get us the result? Yes....

Oh and by the way it was a penalty. If you truly follwowed football, you would be aware that UEFA in January told all referees that they should award a penalty where the ball strikes the hand in an unnatural position. The ref followed that rule by the book and all the referee pundits have said the same thing. So let’s leave that there.

We won it six times in Madrid.....
    I am a Liverpool fan you numpty, all the way from the 60’s. Been and seen some momentous occasions

Craftsman
    Strange the abuse Liverpool fans / scousers get when the fan base is completely global. When you go to a liverpool game or an away it's astounding how many fans are not from Liverpool l.
    I’m living in Malta now having relocated here at the start of the year. We went to a local sports club where my son plays for the junior team to watch the match. We were the only English family in there but everyone was supporting Liverpool with the exception of me and the father in law (Evertonians). Over 50% of those there inc women and children had Liverpool shirts on and they screamed the house down for each goal and at the final whistle. The wife and kids loved it as they also support Liverpool. Didn’t see a Tottenham shirt in the place and didn’t hear anything to suggest their was any support for them.

The Spurs have hardly any international presence (read: none).
    They don’t exist. Even more so against Liverpool, which, like ManU, is known across the world.
    If you’re ‘neutral’, and especially from another country, you’re far more likely to support the team you’ve heard from before.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    As a Liverpool fan, just want to say to all you haters. We have the best supporters in the world bar none. I was in Madrid and I swear we had 150k there. The game was three weeks after the season, players cannot keep match sharp with that kind of break, somblame UEFA for that one.

As for the game itself, Klopp has learned to win and to do what’s necessary to win, that keeps the paymasters happy. Our tactics this season have been to hang on to what we have got, as soon as the first goal went in plan b came into play. Did it make for a good game for the neutral by parking the bus? No. Did it get us the result? Yes....

Oh and by the way it was a penalty. If you truly follwowed football, you would be aware that UEFA in January told all referees that they should award a penalty where the ball strikes the hand in an unnatural position. The ref followed that rule by the book and all the referee pundits have said the same thing. So let’s leave that there.

We won it six times in Madrid.....
    Why are your supporters better than any others?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Go one step further....... Why are they NOT???

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Go one step further....... Why are they NOT???

Maybe more stupid then.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I suppose, after the semis, a let down was likely. A strangely lethargic game.

Or, put another way, 'shite'.
    This.
    As a neutral who enjoyed both semis, I was so happy when Liverpool scored a second, so I could turn it off. Must be great for Liverpool fans, but pretty dire viewing overall.

Exactly why lots of people cant stand Liverpool , with there holier than thou attitude they are no better or worse than every other supported team in the land ,
    and why we have to sit through YNWA every bloody time they are on tv i"ll never know
    As for the best supporters in the land , did the lovable scouse rogues who throw a smoke bomb into the Chelsea end at your recent home game causing a young fan to have a panic attack ever get arrested ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Exactly why lots of people cant stand Liverpool , with there holier than thou attitude they are no better or worse than every other supported team in the land ,
    and why we have to sit through YNWA every bloody time they are on tv i"ll never know
    As for the best supporters in the land , did the lovable scouse rogues who throw a smoke bomb into the Chelsea end at your recent home game causing a young fan to have a panic attack ever get arrested ?
    "the pot calling the kettle black"

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Bitterness is strong with this one 😂

Go beyond the bit you highlighted to the next sentence and that is probably what he meant.

Shame you couldn’t read that far really.

Master
    The reds fans arguably are the best in Europe in terms of travelling fans to European aways and the noise at home / atmosphere etc.

The atmosphere at anfield for a big European game is another level, I don't think you can appreciate it unless you have experienced it.

For Fulham at home though the atmosphere is pretty flat like the rest of the country.

All you need to do is look at what top pros - John Terry's, Pique etc have said about the atmosphere at anfield for a European game. It's unmatched.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Best supporters? Maybe

Best team in Europe? Oh yeah

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Best supporters? Maybe

Awesome.........

Blog Entries
    The LFC Health & Safety Officer must have had the day off?

As a very long term but relatively placid Liverpool supporter, I was really pleased with the result, especially after last year's disappointment. A boring match - yes, it certainly was, but the result was a very fitting way for LFC to end an epic season.

[QUOTE=Merkaholic;5114564]"the pot calling the kettle black"

Didn't say I was a Chelsea fan !!, but as usual the bad side of "your" supporters is never mentioned in the press and you probably don't believe this could happen

Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    This.
    As a neutral who enjoyed both semis, I was so happy when Liverpool scored a second, so I could turn it off. Must be great for Liverpool fans, but pretty dire viewing overall.
    I used up a lot of Brownie points watching that drivel. Maybe the England Ladies can find a bit more enthusiasm? Not watching anymore so called elite football till August. Not a great promotion of English football...the two Euro finals were awful!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I used up a lot of Brownie points watching that drivel. Maybe the England Ladies can find a bit more enthusiasm? Not watching anymore so called elite football till August. Not a great promotion of English football...the two Euro finals were awful!
    I did not use up any points ( secret to a good marriage two TVs and two bathrooms,trust me)
    I thought both finals were well below parr given the teams involved personally happy with the way my club played second half CFC and of course the result.
    I pondered who i preferred to win the CL and came down on the side of LFC given their season and the semi result which was awesome also in my part of the world the screech of the spud is quite distasteful so glad not to hear that noise.
    BTW i hear D Levy is going round E Europe trying to get back the overtime he paid out to get the trophy room completed.

Best supporters in the world
    Yup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yup

Oh deary me. That's been confirmed to be her boyfriend taking his phone out of his girlfriend's bag.

You absolute dafty.

Yup

You are a sad pathetic human being aren’t you.

Craftsman
    The goat posted it.......... Enough said.

Best supporters? Maybe

Atmosphere was great. All walks of life out on the streets celebrating the team. Apparently 750,000 which is more than the population of the entire city!

Was great to see and be there, kids loved it.

Rather sad to see the bitter and twisted here who clearly have nothing to be happy about in their own lives post bile.

Master
    Yup

There you go dafty.

MANCHESTER worse than Liverpool in every single crime and statistic possible.

Get to bed you dope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    There you go dafty.

MANCHESTER worse than Liverpool in every single crime and statistic possible.

Get to bed you dope.

Which site does this data come from?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Which site does this data come from?
    Actually, I've just found it - it's from Numbeo which, according to Wiki is described thus;

"Numbeo is a crowd-sourced global database of reported consumer prices, perceived crime rates, quality of health care, among other statistics."

So, not statistics at all.

Master
    Go on police.co.uk and search for it individually if you like.

Manchester is ahead of Liverpool In every single crime statistic.

Also in terms of unemployment Manchester 2% higher.

But go ahead let the mancs just continue to make stuff up.

Oh and we've won the European cup 6 times.

Craftsman
    Go on police.co.uk and search for it individually if you like.

Manchester is ahead of Liverpool In every single crime statistic.

Also in terms of unemployment Manchester 2% higher.

But go ahead let the mancs just continue to make stuff up.

Dont fall for it......

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Atmosphere was great. All walks of life out on the streets celebrating the team. Apparently 750,000 which is more than the population of the entire city!

Was great to see and be there, kids loved it.

Rather sad to see the bitter and twisted here who clearly have nothing to be happy about in their own lives post bile.
    Yes it was pretty awesome. We walked along side the bus for quite a while. Red smoke everywhere, fireworks, red confetti it was great. Talk about all walks of life, check the bloke out ontop of the scaffolding.

You are a sad pathetic human being aren’t you.
    Nice to see you’re back from under your rock .

Nice to see you’re back from under your rock .
    Your family must be so proud of you. "What do you do in your spare time daddy?". "Sit in front of a computer spouting bile at random strangers because I have an enormous chip on my shoulder about a football club"

Yes it was pretty awesome. We walked along side the bus for quite a while. Red smoke everywhere, fireworks, red confetti it was great. Talk about all walks of life, check the bloke out ontop of the scaffolding.

Ha ha there was a bloke on top of the bank on Allerton road as well. Some bloke climbed a lamp post the boss was giving him a hi five as they went past.

Ignore the tool sorry goat. He's clearly in need of help.

Master

k
    And how about the Premiership wilderness you’ve been in for the last 30yrs, even Leicester & Blackburn have a better record than your lot with that trophy

Only a Scouser will say they’ve got the best fans in the world FFS there are teams all over the world with incredible support and a true sign is a teams following when things aren’t going so well, Newcastle take some beating for travelling and home support especially when the chips are down.

Gents, this is taking a rather dark turn.

Please don't forget it's just a games and not really that important.

Unlike the European Rugby Championship

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    And how about the Premiership wilderness you’ve been in for the last 30yrs, even Leicester & Blackburn have a better record than your lot with that trophy

Only a Scouser will say they’ve got the best fans in the world FFS there are teams all over the world with incredible support and a true sign is a teams following when things aren’t going so well, Newcastle take some beating for travelling and home support especially when the chips are down.
    A scouser didn't day we have the best fans in the world you plant pot.

Again stop making things up.

I'm.haooy with Liverpool being the most successful team the country has ever seen.

Hope one day you can find contentment.

Was pleasing to see Liverpool fans walk alongside a bus carrying a football team without smashing it up.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Go beyond the bit you highlighted to the next sentence and that is probably what he meant.

Shame you couldn’t read that far really.
    So he didn’t mean they’re the best just that there’s a lot of them (probably).

Master
    Looks like City are getting a champions league ban.

But no doubt they will throw millions at the legal team and have Uefa tied up for years.

Craftsman

But no doubt they will throw millions at the legal team and have Uefa tied up for years.
    Nothing on sky sports yet???

Can’t happen soon enough for me.
    Bloody foreigners coming over here, buying our clubs, pumping millions into the economy with their dirty oil money .
    We need the stand up straight chaps at UEFA to keep a lid on this .

Blog Entries

They cannot win it anyway i mean getting rolled by the spuds

Master

With Michel Platini as the star witness for the prosecution, how can City win?!