closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 experience

Apprentice

Chrono24 experience

Hi,

I bought my first luxury watch last week from Chrono24 and just wanted to say that it went without any issues.

I researched this forum for a couple of days, looking at previous posts about the sellers on their and also used the web to make sure the seller was legit.

The transaction from start to finish was excellent. The seller was from Italy and was a authorized Tag Heuer dealer. All in all I saved £800 using Chrono24 compared to the high street shops in the U.K.

Welcome to the forum.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Welcome to the forum and that’s great to hear.
    I’ve always found Italian Bricks and Mortar dealers to be hassle free and willing to negotiate.
    Just beware particularly with private buyers to go the escro route. The privacy and protection is very seller orientated on Chrono24 and they literally fob you off with go to the police if you get scammed. Unfortunately the UK boys in blue will only act if it doesn’t actually turn up or I suppose they replace it with anything un watch like. This means you have to go Civil and then Chrono 24 pull up the drawbridge claiming data protection. You might have guessed I’m telling you this out of bitter experience . However the vast majority I’ve bought have been trouble free and have arrived from Italy and Germany as advertised.
    You do really need to show off your new watch with pictures!
    Cheers
    Mark

Apprentice
    Thanks for the advice and i will post a picture of it in the next couple of days.

Also do any of you know where to find the details of what TPD and movement is needed, as im wanting to purchase a watch winder as it will only get worn on weekends. The watch is a Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph 16. I have found a few websites but they don't seem to be upto date with the watch details and the Tag website was no help either.

Thanks

Apprentice
    Chrono24 is great IMO!

Journeyman
    I was about to make a purchase from chrono24 yesterday from a dealer with over 1000 reviews mainly very positive but before clicking on the buy button decided to contact them to ensure no import duties were payable .
    Got a reply today which answered my question but also told me the watch was out of stock with several weeks wait time , the ad stated in stock ready to ship with a possible delivery date of two days from now.
    The watch is still on there , showing in stock so it did make me question how legit the ‘trusted’ seller was and if I had clicked buy and paid in full would they have then told me about it being out of stock and how easy would it have been to get my cash back. It’s just made me think twice about using again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine_918 View Post
    Thanks for the advice and i will post a picture of it in the next couple of days.

Also do any of you know where to find the details of what TPD and movement is needed, as im wanting to purchase a watch winder as it will only get worn on weekends. The watch is a Tag Heuer F1 Chronograph 16. I have found a few websites but they don't seem to be upto date with the watch details and the Tag website was no help either.

Thanks
    All the Calibre 16s seem to run at 800 TPD, right rotation.

It's a nice looking watch. I had a Seiko 7T59 I liked a lot, which had a similar bezel and vibe.

Apprentice
    I recently purchased a watch from chrono24 today. The seller is a store so hopefully all goes well.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Wu View Post
    I recently purchased a watch from chrono24 today. The seller is a store so hopefully all goes well.

Do you need to sign up as a user on Chrono 24 or can you just buy through the website.

Apprentice
    You have to register meaning add your details like email as a user and password. When you buy something you can select credit or debit then add your address. There are some really good finds in chrono24 as I've been looking on Ebay, watchfinder etc and could not find what I wanted, however reading upon peoples positive experiences with chrono24 I decided to search for that item and found a really good deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by stowaJLCfan View Post
    Do you need to sign up as a user on Chrono 24 or can you just buy through the website.

Just as an FYI for everyone looking at Chrono24, I've just completed a purchase from a UK supplier who sourced from an Italian AD and the watch was delivered direct from Italy by DHL.

I used Trusted Checkout and my money was paid into the Chrono24 escrow account. The watch was posted and delivered by DHL in a timely fashion and all went smoothly. The only thing to note is that I understood from what I'd read that the money wasn't released until the buyer confirmed that all was OK with the watch but my payment was released to the seller as soon as DHL confirmed delivery to CH24.

In this case it isn't a problem, the watch looks fine, I checked the serial number on the manufacturer's website and I'd already checked the Italian seller who is a bricks and mortar operation, so all looks legit, however if I had indeed found any problems, my money would have already been released. It could be that CH24's idea of me accepting the watch is signing for the delivery, but accepting a package that doesn't look like it's been tampered with is not the same as checking the received watch over for condition/authenticity.

Just thought I'd mention it for future buyers, it won't stop me using CH24 again but I will bear this in mind when/if I do.
    Last edited by thefatboy; 7th June 2019 at 10:35.