closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches of Wales

Watches of Wales

Does anyone have feedback on the above company please ? specifically are they a reliable, secure alternative to Watchfinder in terms of selling to ? Looking for a Watchfinder alternative closer to home in Cardiff. Their online feedback looks good but that's all in terms of sales not purchases.

Many thanks

(I did search but couldn't find anything relevant so apologies if this has been asked before)

I nosed in the window of their shop (located in the small arcade) when I was in Cardiff. Seemed ok but expensive.

That wasn’t much help, was it? 🤓😊

Watches of Wales

I bought my first Panerai from them years ago. A 287 that has been long since sold. I had a lot of dialogue with them over the phone at the time and a deal was done. Described as a full set and mint which the photos sent to me seemed to confirm. When the watch arrived it wasn’t what I would describe as mint as there was a 3 to 4mm surface scratch on the bottom corner of the case. Cape cod got the scratch out but that wasn’t the point at the time because when I phoned them he confirmed the scratch was their and that mint was an accurate description to describe a watch of that age.

That was one mans experience of one watch sale so it would be unfair to flame them.

I guess one mans interpretation of mint may differ from another.

I’m not sure I’d use them again.

I’ve just reread your original post so the above is not much use to you. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Andyp1973; 31st May 2019 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    I bought my first Panerai from them years ago. A 287 that has been long since sold. I had a lot of dialogue with them over the phone at the time and a deal was done. Described as a full set and mint which the photos sent to me seemed to confirm. When the watch arrived it wasn’t what I would describe as mint as there was a 3 to 4mm surface scratch on the bottom corner of the case. Cape cod got the scratch out but that wasn’t the point at the time because when I phoned them he confirmed the scratch was their and that mint was an accurate description to describe a watch of that age.

That was one mans experience of one watch sale so it would be unfair to flame them.

I guess one mans interpretation of mint may differ from another.

I’m not sure I’d use them again.

Sorry I’ve just reread your original post so the above is not much help to you.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Def legit as all the Welsh rugby players seem to use them and a minor sponsor to them by the looks of the laptops the coaches use!!! I’ve looked in their shop window in the arcade a few times - small shop.

They were quick when I enquired about a few watches but I never purchased from them

No worries thanks anyway Guys, seems like nobody here has sold a watch to them.

Grand Master
    I think they were active forum members at one point, which means they could have brought a few watches from members!!!
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theoriginaldigger View Post
    No worries thanks anyway Guys, seems like nobody here has sold a watch to them.
    I’ve sold 2 watches (not purchased via SC just to clarify) to them with no issues at all. Both times I’ve delivered the watch in person and the cash has been in my account before leaving the shop. Any questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Mr_Mac; 3rd June 2019 at 16:04.

Thanks all.

Craftsman
    I sold them a 1601 2 years ago. Easy to deal with and offered me a very good price.

Craftsman

Watches of Wales

I recall when I bought my first Rolex I thought I would email them and ask where they would recommend for a service (as they are local to me) I never received a reply ,presumably because I never purchased from them.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    I’ve sold 2 watches (not purchased via SC just to clarify) to them with no issues at all. Both times I’ve delivered the watch in person and the cash has been in my account before leaving the shop. Any questions feel free to ask.
    Thanks, called in there yesterday and this was my exact experience too. Easy to deal with and great (local in my case) alternative to WF.