closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Sale or return advice, please

Sale or return advice, please

Anyone had any dealings with The Swiss Watch Company? Looking to move my Hulk on (this is not a stealth sales post, lol, really not) and due to value I'm wary of how I sell and to whom. Their emails were good and they are a bricks and mortar retailer in Chiswick. It's a pit of vipers this Rolex lark, as many will agree I'm sure.

Tried Watchfinder but I can only assume a small child handled my enquiry. Really not too impressed with their package.

Any advice folks?

Michael

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure I'd want to give it to a place on
    SOR. If they carry their own stock also, is guess that's what they'll push to buyers. If they don't and everything they have is on a sale or return basis, alarm bells would be ringing.

Hahaha small child

Master
    I would not be happy with SOR with any organisation. Who covers the loss if they are robbed of the item?
    Or maybe it is just me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sell it on here. I think (depending on age and condition) you would have your hand bitten off at anything below £10K. The cheapest full set from a dealer on C24 is £10795.

Thanks. SOR is a no-go then, enough in those replies to put me off. I'll put it up here and see what gives. Was going to trade my gold Sub back to a bimetal and keep the Hulk. Wife wears the green on rotation with a Batman, both bought as they were miles better investments than savings. Of practically anything else I could think of. She's happy to keep the Batman and let the green go, so I can still drool over the pm of the Sub. Flash git...much. Need to do a number of home improvements, so let's see.

Thank you TZ, a font of knowledge. Watchfinder...lolololol.

Michael.

Master
    I've dealt with The Swiss Watch Company (watches . co . uk) is their web presence, many times buying and selling. So I don't see that there should be any issues using them for SOR https://www.watches.co.uk/contact-us/sales-returns/

From their website
    "Selling your could not be easier. For a commission fee, we will advertise your watch on our site until it is sold, taking the payment on your behalf and offering a one year guarantee.
    All we need to do is take a series of images of your watch for display within our online catalogue.
    It will also get listed on the global platform Chrono24.
    We ask you to leave your watch with us for at least one month, it is fully insured whilst it is with us, under our business insurance.
    When we have sold your watch you will get paid 30 days after the sales date, this short delay in payment is for us to adhere to the distance selling law and faulty goods returns policy.
    Please call us for advice or any more information..."
    Last edited by nunya; 31st May 2019 at 11:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I would not be happy with SOR with any organisation. Who covers the loss if they are robbed of the item?
    Or maybe it is just me.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    See post #7

Craftsman

SOR

I have dealt with a Tim at Swiss Watch company on many occasions for years and have never been offered SOR. He makes you a firm offer to buy your watch and that is it, you accept or not.

Fantastic service received from Tim and the team on every occasion and never had an issue with sending or receiving watches from them.

I’ve dealt with them before and they are superb.

Craftsman
    Ive dealt with johnny tim and dee for many many years
    Ive bought watches from them sold them quite a few
    They had my hulk recently
    Regarding sor i had an iwc heritage that we couldn’t agree price on
    so i left it with them on sor you will get an invoice for your watch with the price they have agreed to return you
    There nice people and i can assure you your hulk will not be there long
    Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Ive dealt with johnny tim and dee for many many years
    Ive bought watches from them sold them quite a few
    They had my hulk recently
    Regarding sor i had an iwc heritage that we couldn’t agree price on
    so i left it with them on sor you will get an invoice for your watch with the price they have agreed to return you
    There nice people and i can assure you your hulk will not be there long
    Hope that helps

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes it really does help. I was wary of SOR for the good reasons listed abve but this company were so helpful that either they were scamming me or they were indeed as described, also above. I've been scammed before, not a watch and for several hundred quid then an extraprdinary 'phone banking hack last year that was resolved but was incredible, so I am ultra-wary of selling this watch and goign via a retailer may cost me but does take out many of the problems.

Again, thanks all. I'll make a contribution to the fundraiser once I have sold it, on here or elsewhere on account of the good advice freely offered by members.

May I also ask if anyone has an understanding of how bank transfer works in terms of being a 'done deal' once done? I'll call Barclays later to see what they say but I hve heard about ghost payments and the like. What a world. In short, once it has been made, is that cleared?