closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bezel Insert Glue

Bezel Insert Glue

Hi
    I have bought a new bezel insert for my SKX009. It does not have any fixing glue with it. Please can anyone recommend a contact adhesive to fix the insert to the bezel. Thanks.

Craftsman
    3M gaskets are the best but pricey. I have used normal super glue gel, epoxy and bostik successfully before.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bingobadgo View Post
    3M gaskets are the best but pricey. I have used normal super glue gel, epoxy and bostik successfully before.

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk
    Thank you. Where can I buy 3M gaskets?

I have found these on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-HQ-3M-AD...-/172385218056
    Last edited by Kaffe; 30th May 2019 at 21:05.

Master
    Sometimes the bezel insert could be slightly raised using tape. DLW, where I got my bezel and insert from, recommended using glue instead. I used some G-S hypo cement which came with a fine needle applicator end makes it a doddle to apply - £3 off eBay!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

I ordered a replacement crystal from CrystalTimes and they sent me a whole load of double-sided bezel gaskets as well. Not sure if they’re 3M but can check.

I can take a photo and some measurements if you like? If they would work then you’re certainly welcome to a couple as I am unlikely to use them.

Turns out they are the 3M gaskets after all.

I have taken a couple of photos below to show the (approximate) inside/outside diameter, which look to be 33mm and 37mm respectively.

I have 20 of these, so if a couple would be of any use just PM me your address and I can pop them in the post. No charge, but do make a donation to Eddy's fundraiser if you wish (the fundraiser link is at the top of the webpage)

Thank you all very much for the information and kind offer. I have ordered both the 3M gaskets and the cement from ebay. The gaskets come in a packet of 10 so that should be enough! I will use the gasket first and see how it fits. If it makes the insert too high then I will use the cement. The cement will also be useful for other watches.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaffe View Post
    Thank you all very much for the information and kind offer. I have ordered both the 3M gaskets and the cement from ebay. The gaskets come in a packet of 10 so that should be enough! I will use the gasket first and see how it fits. If it makes the insert too high then I will use the cement. The cement will also be useful for other watches.

Thanks again.
    The gaskets are literally paper thin - maybe thinner! - and my micrometer tells me that, including both backing papers, the gaskets are 0.35mm thick. So hopefully you should be good to go.

Good luck, and be sure to post a photo of the results.

BTW, if anyone else here is replacing a bezel and would like to try these gaskets the offer made to Kaffe also stands. No charge other than a donation to Eddie's fundraiser, if the recipient so wishes.
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 31st May 2019 at 10:20.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Minnesota mining and manufacturing...

GS Hypo Cement

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk