closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 325

Thread: Cricket World Cup 2019

  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    I'm glad you noticed that correlation. I had been thinking of suggesting that you shouldn't attend any more matches.





    Tapatapatapatapatalk
    Youíre not the only one mate


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #102
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    3,884
    Should be an exciting few overs as they ramp up the run rate, heading towards getting 350 which will make an interesting chase, India chasing high totals is always a risk.

  3. #103
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    3,105
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good win today and back on track

  4. #104
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    A bit more like our old selves.

    All they need to do is get Williamson out cheaply and Wednesday will be a walk in the park.

    Easier said than done.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  5. #105
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,251
    I went to the game today and it was an absolute cracker; great cricket, superb atmosphere. England played very well. Please let them turn NZ over...


  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I went to the game today and it was an absolute cracker; great cricket, superb atmosphere. England played very well. Please let them turn NZ over...
    Fantastic, glad you had fun!!!

    Complete performance today - I think we'll beat New Zealand and hopefully quite well so Pakistan could sneak past them on Net RR. NZ last few games have been very poor and don't deserve a Semi Final spot.

  7. #107
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,922
    Blog Entries
    1
    Very strange batting performance by India got England off the hook .
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .

  8. #108
    Master KavKav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Warwickshire.
    Posts
    6,438
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Very strange batting performance by India got England off the hook .
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .
    I agree completely!
    In the latter stages, batting cautiously for singles was of no use to them whatsoever!

  9. #109
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    1,081
    It was a great performance by England. Hitting the third highest ODI score there (England hold the top 5) and then the excellent bowling to restrict India to what was the lowest runs in the first 10 overs of a world cup match. Hope Roy can stay fit for the Kiwi game.

  10. #110
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    3,884
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Very strange batting performance by India got England off the hook .
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I agree completely!
    In the latter stages, batting cautiously for singles was of no use to them whatsoever!
    I found that really strange, almost if if they had either given up which as sports people I find hard to accept or taken a bung?

    My son was so pissed off with their actions or lack of action in the final few overs that he actually decided to go cut the grass instead.

  11. #111
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    A lot has been made of Dhoni's ability to score quickly but he hasn't shown it recently. Last year at the Lord's ODI he was booed for batting so slowly. Almost as if he was playing for his average rather than the team win. It looked like he was doing the same yesterday.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Very strange batting performance by India got England off the hook .
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .
    It's about protecting net run rate - for a team in India's position in the table, best to simply lose not too badly by batting 50 overs than blasting out at 40 overs and 100 runs short trying to chase a huge target.

    Net RR is a bit old school, probably need another tie-breaker in the next world cups to incentivise teams to go for it a bit.

  13. #113
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I went to the game today and it was an absolute cracker; great cricket, superb atmosphere. England played very well. Please let them turn NZ over...
    Did you see me trip over some cabling and accidentally elbow Jonny Bairstow as the players came out for the anthems...?! Fortunately no damage done - Jonny was very nice about it...

    We won pitchside start/nosebag/balcony seats in a prize draw (before I get called out as one of those corporate freebie types) - what a superb day; didn't get to meet Tendulkar but did have Jesus of Nazareth sitting behind us...

  14. #114
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,251
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Did you see me trip over some cabling and accidentally elbow Jonny Bairstow as the players came out for the anthems...?! Fortunately no damage done - Jonny was very nice about it...

    We won pitchside start/nosebag/balcony seats in a prize draw (before I get called out as one of those corporate freebie types) - what a superb day; didn't get to meet Tendulkar but did have Jesus of Nazareth sitting behind us...
    Unfortunately I didnít see this; wish I had have though!!! I was sat with the commoners some distance away after all... 😉

    What a great prize to win, hope you enjoyed the day!

  15. #115
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I found that really strange, almost if if they had either given up which as sports people I find hard to accept or taken a bung?

    My son was so pissed off with their actions or lack of action in the final few overs that he actually decided to go cut the grass instead.
    A lot of the Indian supporters were leaving far before the finish and certainly still had a chance with some luck.

  16. #116
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    A lot of the Indian supporters were leaving far before the finish and certainly still had a chance with some luck.
    A shame, their fans were fantastic.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  17. #117
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    Today's match has taken an interesting turn.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  18. #118
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Today's match has taken an interesting turn.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk
    More interesting by the over...

  19. #119
    Master Ric356II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,948
    With Roy and Bairstow going so well, 350 plus looked well within reach but the pitch looks to have slowed up.
    Maybe New Zealand won't find it as easy as Roy and Bairstow made it look.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    With Roy and Bairstow going so well, 350 plus looked well within reach but the pitch looks to have slowed up.
    Maybe New Zealand won't find it as easy as Roy and Bairstow made it look.
    Roy and Bairstow are a force of nature when they get going. Dodgy wicket in over 1 for England, but if you don't review then hey ho. England applying the squeeze now so hopefully that creates more pressure and more wickets.

  21. #121
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,922
    Blog Entries
    1
    Roy has definitely made the difference .
    NZ struggling to keep up now and England should close this out.
    Looks like theyíll finish third so the semi in Old Trafford wonít involve them 😔

  22. #122
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Harrow
    Posts
    1,239
    So, to overhaul NZ, Pakistan must bat first, score some improbable number of runs and bowl out the opposition for fewer than 100.

    You're the Bangladeshi captain; you win the toss. Do you give them an admittedly slim chance by electing to field...?

  23. #123
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    13,718
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    So, to overhaul NZ, Pakistan must bat first, score some improbable number of runs and bowl out the opposition for fewer than 100.

    You're the Bangladeshi captain; you win the toss. Do you give them an admittedly slim chance by electing to field...?
    "3 more runs for Pakistan to have an improbable chance"...and there are two of them.

  24. #124
    All over in terms of the semi finals - one humungous defeat to West Indies the downfall of Pakistan. Shame really that head to head is not counted. I hope the ICC review the tie breaker philosophy. Net RR stops teams going for it (better to take the loss without a heavy defeat) and it's also too complicated. We need another way.

  25. #125
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    Can't help thinking that playing India in the Semis would have been the easier route to the final but having India in the final will make the atmosphere something very special.



    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  26. #126
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,487

    Cricket World Cup 2019

    India are higher ranked (2nd) than the Aussies (3rd) right now so its technically a better draw for us. That said The Convicts have been without Warner and Smith so they are probably closer to India than the table suggests.

    Both England and Australia rely heavily on the openers getting a fast start, and both sides look better setting a score than chasing it. The toss will be an important factor, but I suspect it will just dictate how large Englandís victory is.

    PS Buttler is due a big knock.

  27. #127
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    England never looked like they could win a large victory against the Aussies in the group game hence my preference for India. I think they will win this one as it was a chastening defeat and they will have learnt.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  28. #128
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    422
    Makes for interesting semi finals. AUS are a big threat for sure. I think they have a very good chance. Can never right them off.



    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  29. #129
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,707
    Blog Entries
    14
    Khawaja out, Stoinis doubt, Starc doubt, on the back of a humiliating defeat to Proteas - is there a better time to face the Aussies? They now also have to play at Edgbaston, a ground they haven't played this tournement and one that's been kind to England in the past. England v India final.

  30. #130
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Khawaja out, Stoinis doubt, Starc doubt, on the back of a humiliating defeat to Proteas - is there a better time to face the Aussies? They now also have to play at Edgbaston, a ground they haven't played this tournement and one that's been kind to England in the past. England v India final.
    That would be an awesome final!
    Lucky enough to have platinum tickets to the final. I have received some absolutely crazy offers for them, but am tempted to go as history could be made at Lords next Sunday!

  31. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Khawaja out, Stoinis doubt, Starc doubt, on the back of a humiliating defeat to Proteas - is there a better time to face the Aussies? They now also have to play at Edgbaston, a ground they haven't played this tournement and one that's been kind to England in the past. England v India final.
    I'm leaning to this as well. Australia in a bit of a spot of bother. So far Edgbaston has been decided at the toss i.e. bat first. If we don't win the toss, we have to stay focused on taking wickets regularly. Especially with the soft middle order being even softer with no Khawaja.

  32. #132
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,722
    It's mouth watering stuff to be sure!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  33. #133
    Grand Master Glamdring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Doncaster, UK
    Posts
    16,637
    I recorded last night and watched this morning C4's 2005 Ashes series programme. Took me back to the wild excitement of that summer. Great fun.

  34. #134
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    What a difference a day makes...

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  35. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    What a difference a day makes...

    Tapatapatapatapatalk
    Mayhem mate, mayhem. I've given up working this morning and just watching the cricket on the laptop.

  36. #136
    They say catches win matches - go and watch Neesham's catch of Karthik. Magnificent.

  37. #137
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,707
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    They say catches win matches - go and watch Neesham's catch of Karthik. Magnificent.
    Then drops an easy one shortly after...

    This match for me just typifies this world Cup, its been brilliant.

  38. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Then drops an easy one shortly after...

    This match for me just typifies this world Cup, its been brilliant.
    It's been difficult. Bold decision yesterday to bat first, but some runs a bit of pressure just changes things....

  39. #139
    Master vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here and There....
    Posts
    4,449
    Things are getting quite tasty now - 5 down, not yet 3 figures on the board. RRR also slowly creeping up in the background.

  40. #140
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,220
    Seriously hope New Zealand win this one, would be great for that nation to get to the finals for the 1st time.

  41. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Seriously hope New Zealand win this one, would be great for that nation to get to the finals for the 1st time.
    eh? They made the last WC final.....

  42. #142
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    eh? They made the last WC final.....
    Sorry yes, forgot they were runners up. Well looks like they are on the way to finals again then possibly!

  43. #143
    Master ~dadam02~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,707
    Blog Entries
    14
    God this is tense.

  44. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    God this is tense.
    Jup, NZ need a wicket baaaaadly.

  45. #145
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,220
    What a come back by India ! They could do this with Dhoni there and Jadeja is on fire!

  46. #146
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    Very tense, haven't felt like this so far in the tournament.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  47. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Very tense, haven't felt like this so far in the tournament.

    Tapatapatapatapatalk
    WHAT A RUN OUT!!!!!

    This game is nuts.

  48. #148
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,220
    Surely it's all over now with Dhoni gone....

  49. #149
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    357
    Only four sixes needed....

    Tapatapatapatapatalk

  50. #150
    Master Thorien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    3,220
    Great finish by New Zealand. That throw by Guptill was outstanding

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •