closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup 2019

Master
    Well done to the Kiwis, I didn't expect them to get this far. Good bowling from them and poor batting from India this morning sort of settled it. After that dismal start I wasn't expecting India to get much beyond 100.

Back to work I suppose.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    Well done to the Kiwis, I didn't expect them to get this far. Good bowling from them and poor batting from India this morning sort of settled it. After that dismal start I wasn't expecting India to get much beyond 100.

Back to work I suppose.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    Ha, yea was thinking the same thing!

What a game and vindicates not rushing things last night and for the guys coming back today and completing a full 50 over match. One of the great World Cup games, it had it all. The field work from both teams was a massive highlight, brilliant stuff.

The game tomorrow will be huge - knowing it isn't India in the final will add spice. Huge.

Master
    On the edge of my seat for most of today and now the adrenaline has kicked in at the prospect of tomorrow's match. It's exhausting.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Tomorrows match is going to be a nail biter . Should be another great game. It's been a great tournament apart from the weather .

Master
    Anyone else feeling excited/nervous.....

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Australia batting first has not helped my nerves!

Hopefully our bowling attack is potent and perhaps more importantly, prepared to change tack if the planned approach isn't working.

It's going to be a long day!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazytrain View Post
    Australia batting first has not helped my nerves!

Hopefully our bowling attack is potent and perhaps more importantly, prepared to change tack if the planned approach isn't working.

It's going to be a long day!
    The middle of Australia is soft, more so with Smith coming in at 3 with Khawaja out. Some good opening bowling is required, must break the openers and not let them get to 100-0 after 15 overs.

Master
    Yes, a better bowling performance than in the group game will be needed today.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

A promising start!

Master
    That is the start we needed.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Come on England! Listening on 5livesportextra and a great start indeed!

Craftsman
    14-3 Aussies. Get in there.

What a start.
    We need to keep our knee on their throats though, the Aussies are quite good at wriggling out of tough situations........

Amazing start, agreed, no let up! Don't let them build a partnership!

Carey's looking a bit injured. Clearly more than just a cut. I hope he's ok and not just batting because his side needs him.

Blog Entries
    Game on!

Master
    We needed that.

Although I've enjoyed the opportunity to relax over the last few overs. Even managed to do a little work.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Blog Entries
    You beauty - great bowling from Rashid!

We needed that.

Although I've enjoyed the opportunity to relax over the last few overs. Even managed to do a little work.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    I was literally in the middle of something rather interesting work wise, turned the volume off the cricket for 5 mins to watch a video and a wicket goes!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    I was literally in the middle of something rather interesting work wise, turned the volume off the cricket for 5 mins to watch a video and a wicket goes!!!
    That worked well then. Glad to hear you aren't there today

Tapatapatapatapatalk

That worked well then. Glad to hear you aren't there today

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    haha, i did attempt to briefly buy tickets then gave up thinking my presence would not be welcome . Tickets were gettable with a bit of persistence though, just a shame the ICC website sucks balls.

Master
    Could have done with keeping them below 200 but certainly an attainable target. This is when the nerves really ramp up.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Could have done with keeping them below 200 but certainly an attainable target. This is when the nerves really ramp up.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    At over 44 I was thinking if Aus get to 240+ that maybe enough to put pressure on. Chasing 224, we should be ok. Someone (Roy or Bairstow), may decide early to play a cameo knock early to break the chase to something much manageable. But otherwise, but 50 overs win the game. Easy.

Master
    "Only" 4.5 runs an over.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Good start by England. Win predictor now giving Australia 3% chance.. still higher than it was for NZ before India batted!

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Good start by England. Win predictor now giving Australia 3% chance.. still higher than it was for NZ before India batted!
    Australia were 7% before the start of England's innings, getting even bleaker. We said survive 10 overs and we have. Taken the sting out of the chase, watch Roy go on the attack and really break the Aussies. Roy for the Ashes people?

Master
    Lots of people clamouring for Roy to open for the ashes now but not sure he is able to control his aggression to do well in the longer format of the game. Still I suppose it's better to get runs on the board, and besides it's not like we have much alternatives atm - Vince again deceived the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    Lots of people clamouring for Roy to open for the ashes now but not sure he is able to control his aggression to do well in the longer format of the game. Still I suppose it's better to get runs on the board, and besides it's not like we have much alternatives atm - Vince again deceived the eye.
    Oh I think he has the temperament, but the red ball moves a lot more than this white ball. How he deals with that is the question.

Whats that skippy?

Master
    This is glorious batting.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Happy days!

Looking forward to work tomorrow.

It is always a good day if England beat Australia, but that was a little more comprehensive than "beat". Nearly 18 overs to spare......

Master
    Fabulous, just f@#*ing fabulous.

It is like a different team that played in the group stage. Happy days.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

What a performance - that was more than just a win - total domination.

Fingers crossed they can maintain that level on Sunday - the Kiwis won't stand a chance if we play like that!

Fabulous thrashing ! The ashes should be fun this year and it could well be our turn to lift the world cup... finallly!
    Last edited by Thorien; 11th July 2019 at 18:18.

Craftsman
    Channel 4 to show the final free to air.

Tough to watch England battering Australia. BATTERING.

🤣🤣🤣

I am so happy! England not just beating the cheating Crims, but giving them a comprehensive stuffing, and (umpiring gaffe notwithstanding) winning by nine wickets, because Jason Roy obviously wasn't out.

I never usually miss a Grand Prix, but I'll be watching the World Cup final instead on Sunday.
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Come on boys!!!

A great team performance. That run out was unbelievable.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    England awesome. End of

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Fabulous thrashing ! The ashes should be fun this year and it could well be our turn to lift the world cup... finallly!

Play like today, it’s in the bag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I am so happy! England not just beating the cheating Crims, but giving them a comprehensive stuffing, and (umpiring gaffe notwithstanding) winning by nine wickets, because Jason Roy obviously wasn't out.

I never usually miss a Grand Prix, but I'll be watching the World Cup final instead on Sunday.
    Damn right he was not out, no wonder he was so pissed off! Well done England!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Damn right he was not out, no wonder he was so pissed off! Well done England!
    Link..."Roy has been fined 30% of the match fee after admitting the offence and sanction, with no formal hearing to take place. Two demerit points have been added to his disciplinary record. He won't face any suspension."

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    A great team performance. That run out was unbelievable.
    Agreed, the the best moment of the match for me! BBC had the perfect angle.

I’m a little emotional. I’ve been following the boys for a while now and feel as if I’ve been living with them through the last 4 years. More so being present at their last two losses

Vindication? Maybe. Now we must face the team that gave us the realisation we must change. Full circle. I cannot bloody wait (I have an engagement party AND a wedding to navigate through/watch the game on Sunday. NIGHTMARE!!!!).

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Link..."Roy has been fined 30% of the match fee after admitting the offence and sanction, with no formal hearing to take place. Two demerit points have been added to his disciplinary record. He won't face any suspension."
    Poor decision, still don’t get why the umpires can’t ask for a review. Thought that was the whole point of the review system. Still think one review is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post
    Poor decision, still don’t get why the umpires can’t ask for a review. Thought that was the whole point of the review system. Still think one review is not enough.
    I actually disagree - umpires need to rely on their own judgement. England (and Bairstow) were reckless in using their review on what was a plum LBW. It's meant for clearing the obvious things like Roy's decision. Overall the review system has been pretty good. No point tinkering.

The ball was miles away on the replay, can see why he was a bit pissed but they were cruising and it wouldn’t change the outcome.

Was great to see the local Asian cricket fans going mental for England to win as I guess Australia are one of those “anyone but Liverpool” teams that nobody wants to see win. Obviously if their teams of origin were playing England it would be a different story.

On Monday, Australia's players had taken their shoes and socks off and walked the outfield here. The idea was to feel the positive energy coming out of the earth. On Thursday England took their pants down for them too. [BBC]