closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket World Cup 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Wimm View Post
    I'm glad you noticed that correlation. I had been thinking of suggesting that you shouldn't attend any more matches.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    You’re not the only one mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be an exciting few overs as they ramp up the run rate, heading towards getting 350 which will make an interesting chase, India chasing high totals is always a risk.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good win today and back on track

Master
    A bit more like our old selves.

All they need to do is get Williamson out cheaply and Wednesday will be a walk in the park.

Easier said than done.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    I went to the game today and it was an absolute cracker; great cricket, superb atmosphere. England played very well. Please let them turn NZ over...

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I went to the game today and it was an absolute cracker; great cricket, superb atmosphere. England played very well. Please let them turn NZ over...
    Fantastic, glad you had fun!!!

Complete performance today - I think we'll beat New Zealand and hopefully quite well so Pakistan could sneak past them on Net RR. NZ last few games have been very poor and don't deserve a Semi Final spot.

Very strange batting performance by India got England off the hook .
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    First and last ten overs, nicking singles . Especially with such a short boundary .
    I agree completely!
    In the latter stages, batting cautiously for singles was of no use to them whatsoever!

Master
    It was a great performance by England. Hitting the third highest ODI score there (England hold the top 5) and then the excellent bowling to restrict India to what was the lowest runs in the first 10 overs of a world cup match. Hope Roy can stay fit for the Kiwi game.

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I agree completely!
    In the latter stages, batting cautiously for singles was of no use to them whatsoever!
    I found that really strange, almost if if they had either given up which as sports people I find hard to accept or taken a bung?

My son was so pissed off with their actions or lack of action in the final few overs that he actually decided to go cut the grass instead.

Master
    A lot has been made of Dhoni's ability to score quickly but he hasn't shown it recently. Last year at the Lord's ODI he was booed for batting so slowly. Almost as if he was playing for his average rather than the team win. It looked like he was doing the same yesterday.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

It's about protecting net run rate - for a team in India's position in the table, best to simply lose not too badly by batting 50 overs than blasting out at 40 overs and 100 runs short trying to chase a huge target.

Net RR is a bit old school, probably need another tie-breaker in the next world cups to incentivise teams to go for it a bit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Did you see me trip over some cabling and accidentally elbow Jonny Bairstow as the players came out for the anthems...?! Fortunately no damage done - Jonny was very nice about it...

We won pitchside start/nosebag/balcony seats in a prize draw (before I get called out as one of those corporate freebie types) - what a superb day; didn't get to meet Tendulkar but did have Jesus of Nazareth sitting behind us...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    Did you see me trip over some cabling and accidentally elbow Jonny Bairstow as the players came out for the anthems...?! Fortunately no damage done - Jonny was very nice about it...

We won pitchside start/nosebag/balcony seats in a prize draw (before I get called out as one of those corporate freebie types) - what a superb day; didn't get to meet Tendulkar but did have Jesus of Nazareth sitting behind us...
    Unfortunately I didn’t see this; wish I had have though!!! I was sat with the commoners some distance away after all... 😉

What a great prize to win, hope you enjoyed the day!

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I found that really strange, almost if if they had either given up which as sports people I find hard to accept or taken a bung?

My son was so pissed off with their actions or lack of action in the final few overs that he actually decided to go cut the grass instead.
    A lot of the Indian supporters were leaving far before the finish and certainly still had a chance with some luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    A lot of the Indian supporters were leaving far before the finish and certainly still had a chance with some luck.
    A shame, their fans were fantastic.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Today's match has taken an interesting turn.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Today's match has taken an interesting turn.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    More interesting by the over...

With Roy and Bairstow going so well, 350 plus looked well within reach but the pitch looks to have slowed up.
    Maybe New Zealand won't find it as easy as Roy and Bairstow made it look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    With Roy and Bairstow going so well, 350 plus looked well within reach but the pitch looks to have slowed up.
    Maybe New Zealand won't find it as easy as Roy and Bairstow made it look.
    Roy and Bairstow are a force of nature when they get going. Dodgy wicket in over 1 for England, but if you don't review then hey ho. England applying the squeeze now so hopefully that creates more pressure and more wickets.

Roy has definitely made the difference .
    NZ struggling to keep up now and England should close this out.
    Looks like they’ll finish third so the semi in Old Trafford won’t involve them 😔

Master
    So, to overhaul NZ, Pakistan must bat first, score some improbable number of runs and bowl out the opposition for fewer than 100.

You're the Bangladeshi captain; you win the toss. Do you give them an admittedly slim chance by electing to field...?

Quote Originally Posted by nickk View Post
    So, to overhaul NZ, Pakistan must bat first, score some improbable number of runs and bowl out the opposition for fewer than 100.

You're the Bangladeshi captain; you win the toss. Do you give them an admittedly slim chance by electing to field...?
    "3 more runs for Pakistan to have an improbable chance"...and there are two of them.

All over in terms of the semi finals - one humungous defeat to West Indies the downfall of Pakistan. Shame really that head to head is not counted. I hope the ICC review the tie breaker philosophy. Net RR stops teams going for it (better to take the loss without a heavy defeat) and it's also too complicated. We need another way.

Master
    Can't help thinking that playing India in the Semis would have been the easier route to the final but having India in the final will make the atmosphere something very special.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master

Cricket World Cup 2019

India are higher ranked (2nd) than the Aussies (3rd) right now so its technically a better draw for us. That said The Convicts have been without Warner and Smith so they are probably closer to India than the table suggests.

Both England and Australia rely heavily on the openers getting a fast start, and both sides look better setting a score than chasing it. The toss will be an important factor, but I suspect it will just dictate how large England’s victory is.

PS Buttler is due a big knock.

Master
    England never looked like they could win a large victory against the Aussies in the group game hence my preference for India. I think they will win this one as it was a chastening defeat and they will have learnt.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Master
    Makes for interesting semi finals. AUS are a big threat for sure. I think they have a very good chance. Can never right them off.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Khawaja out, Stoinis doubt, Starc doubt, on the back of a humiliating defeat to Proteas - is there a better time to face the Aussies? They now also have to play at Edgbaston, a ground they haven't played this tournement and one that's been kind to England in the past. England v India final.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Khawaja out, Stoinis doubt, Starc doubt, on the back of a humiliating defeat to Proteas - is there a better time to face the Aussies? They now also have to play at Edgbaston, a ground they haven't played this tournement and one that's been kind to England in the past. England v India final.
    That would be an awesome final!
    Lucky enough to have platinum tickets to the final. I have received some absolutely crazy offers for them, but am tempted to go as history could be made at Lords next Sunday!

I'm leaning to this as well. Australia in a bit of a spot of bother. So far Edgbaston has been decided at the toss i.e. bat first. If we don't win the toss, we have to stay focused on taking wickets regularly. Especially with the soft middle order being even softer with no Khawaja.

It's mouth watering stuff to be sure!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I recorded last night and watched this morning C4's 2005 Ashes series programme. Took me back to the wild excitement of that summer. Great fun.

Master
    What a difference a day makes...

Tapatapatapatapatalk

What a difference a day makes...

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    Mayhem mate, mayhem. I've given up working this morning and just watching the cricket on the laptop.

They say catches win matches - go and watch Neesham's catch of Karthik. Magnificent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    They say catches win matches - go and watch Neesham's catch of Karthik. Magnificent.
    Then drops an easy one shortly after...

This match for me just typifies this world Cup, its been brilliant.

Then drops an easy one shortly after...

This match for me just typifies this world Cup, its been brilliant.
    It's been difficult. Bold decision yesterday to bat first, but some runs a bit of pressure just changes things....

Blog Entries
    Things are getting quite tasty now - 5 down, not yet 3 figures on the board. RRR also slowly creeping up in the background.

Seriously hope New Zealand win this one, would be great for that nation to get to the finals for the 1st time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Seriously hope New Zealand win this one, would be great for that nation to get to the finals for the 1st time.
    eh? They made the last WC final.....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    eh? They made the last WC final.....
    Sorry yes, forgot they were runners up. Well looks like they are on the way to finals again then possibly!

Blog Entries
    God this is tense.

God this is tense.
    Jup, NZ need a wicket baaaaadly.

What a come back by India ! They could do this with Dhoni there and Jadeja is on fire!

Master
    Very tense, haven't felt like this so far in the tournament.

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Very tense, haven't felt like this so far in the tournament.

Tapatapatapatapatalk
    WHAT A RUN OUT!!!!!

This game is nuts.

Surely it's all over now with Dhoni gone....

Master
    Only four sixes needed....

Tapatapatapatapatalk

Great finish by New Zealand. That throw by Guptill was outstanding