closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Who do you send your divers to for service?

Who do you send your divers to for service?

Afternoon TZ,

I've a couple of divers that are in need of servicing and I'm looking for recommendations on who to send them to given the challenges of testing to the greater depths that some of these can go to?

1st Seiko Samurai titanium 200m
    2nd Rolex Sub 16610 300m that's almost 30 years old so may be considered 'vintage' these days

I'm also tempted by the Sinn EZM-13 on SC (edit: looks like it sold but still interested to know if big hitting depth testers available) but given its 500m depth rating I assume that's a Sinn job given the tester needed for that impressive rating? Unless you're aware of UK places capable of it? Not fussed by the Ar gas replacement and the moisture indicator sounds to be still good given the colour.

Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Hugh
    Last edited by hughtrimble; 30th May 2019 at 17:48.

Master
    Both of mine, Omega SMP 300 Pro and Rolex Submariner are serviced by the respective manufacturers service centres.

Not cheap but I feel the manufacturer is best placed to service these to the best standards.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would consider sending your Sub to Genesis watchmaking https://genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/index.html

Duncan is Rolex accredited and has provided me with excellent service on an older Rolex and has done the same for many members here I believe

ATB

Jon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I would consider sending your Sub to Genesis watchmaking https://genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/index.html

Duncan is Rolex accredited and has provided me with excellent service on an older Rolex and has done the same for many members here I believe

ATB

Jon
    This. Paul at Tempus Watch Mods can do your Seiko and regulate it if needs be.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Both of mine, Omega SMP 300 Pro and Rolex Submariner are serviced by the respective manufacturers service centres.

Not cheap but I feel the manufacturer is best placed to service these to the best standards.
    This is certainly seen as the most thorough option, but with the Seiko I don't think they'd do it now given I believe it has been modified with a sapphire crystal rather than stock plexi. And the Sub...always hear horror stories of older models being mistreated in terms of replacing with new parts. But more recently, it seems they are rather more considerate and do listen to customer requests with regards to leaving old parts in place.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post

ATB

Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post

Of course! I totally forgot about Duncan. Thank you for this recommendation. I'll try Paul for the Seiko given it is already modified! Thanks for that suggestion too.

I had thought of Webwatchmaker, but I gather he can only test to 50m so definitely not one for watches to be used swimming.

Grand Master
    I'd also recommend Duncan too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I'd also recommend Duncan too.
    +1 ,lots of good experience over time

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    I did not intend to delete my response. I can water test up to 12atm and I have postal cover for expensive items with Inforsure Inc.
    I just get fed up defending myself against some uninformed posters on TZ.
    Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 4th June 2019 at 15:13. Reason: Error editing

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    I did not intend to delete my response. I can water test up to 12atm and I have postal cover for expensive items with Inforsure Inc.
    Uninformed? The only reason I posted on here looking for recommendations was because I spoke to you on the phone and you said you could only test to 50m.

I didn't think I could be more diligent in checking facts than speaking with you directly!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Uninformed? The only reason I posted on here looking for recommendations was because I spoke to you on the phone and you said you could only test to 50m.

I didn't think I could be more diligent in checking facts than speaking with you directly!
    Whoops!
    Apologies.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post

Paul at Tempus Watch Mods was superb to deal with for the Samurai (and a 7a38) - very quick and thorough, and very pleasant to communicate with.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Hahahahaha

Master
    Paul at Tempus Watch Mods was superb to deal with for the Samurai (and a 7a38) - very quick and thorough, and very pleasant to communicate with.

Thank you for the recommendation.
    You’re very welcome. Good to hear that Paul’s been able to help another forum member.

Afternoon TZ,

I've a couple of divers that are in need of servicing and I'm looking for recommendations on who to send them to given the challenges of testing to the greater depths that some of these can go to?

1st Seiko Samurai titanium 200m
    2nd Rolex Sub 16610 300m that's almost 30 years old so may be considered 'vintage' these days
    For all my dive watches it's either Duncan at Genesis or Rocco at Watchworks.

Just out of curiosity, what's the rationale for getting them tested to depths that exceed 100m?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    That’s a good question about testing to more than 100m (unless you’re a mixed gas diver).
    Last edited by Dougal; 18th August 2019 at 08:24.

Banned
    I phoned Hughtrimble weeks ago to explain my post above and clarified that I was not referring to his personal enquiry.
    I explained that when divers watches are used professionally, it is much wiser to have them regularly waterproof tested by the manufacturer, since life may depend on this and many independents would not have the resources to compensate losses should the worst happen.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk