closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch shopping in Phuket & Doha

Watch shopping in Phuket & Doha

Hi - might be going to Thailand for a family holiday soon; probably flying in and out of Phuket via Doha to be specific - has anyone got any pointers or recommendations?

I'm not in the market for anything specific (slowly trying to save for a DSSD) but could have my head and credit card turned by a Tudor Pelagos/Black Bay GMT. How would prices compare? Thanks!
    Last edited by Megatron; 29th May 2019 at 17:24.

You'll find a lot of Tudors at the Rolex/Tudor shop in Hamad International Airport, but no steel Rolex.

If you leave the airport and come into town, shoot me a PM and I'll tell you where to window shop. Again, no steel Rolex!

Not much watch shopping in Phuket other than Seiko, but Bangkok is a Mecca.

SS Rolex available at the Hamad Airport in Doha but you need to buy a bunch of other stuff. The offer 2 days ago was a Sub date if you bought a Black Bay. Hulk you had to buy a 2 Tone DJ and a Daytona (black) was available if you bought a President which I guess means the Day Date. No Pepsi. Prices are the same as UK but you need to factor in 20% VAT and Doha airport has (as far as I know) just joined Suvarnabhumi in Bangkok and Zurich airport in Switzerland in sharing with HMRC details of those claiming VAT refunds.

The SS Rolex won't be on display but if you are serious the sales chap from an Indian background will get the ball rolling. It's cheaper just to go to a grey in the UK btw.

Ah - that's useful to know; thank you both. I don't have enough funds just yet to stretch to anything Rolex and once VAT is factored in it looks like it will be significantly more expensive than here; which is a shame as I was kind of hoping to pick up a little something...but probably sensible to bide my time and avoid a lecture from my line manager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

Prices are the same as UK but you need to factor in 20% VAT and Doha airport has (as far as I know) just joined Suvarnabhumi in Bangkok and Zurich airport in Switzerland in sharing with HMRC details of those claiming VAT refunds.
    Can you give any more details about airports Tax free sharing with with UK HMRC?

Journeyman
    Not convinced about airports sharing details with HMRC!

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

Nothing of interest in Jungceylon