closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 408

Thread: Show us your garden

  1. #301
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Is that outdoor laminate flooring Jon?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Iíd guess porcelain.

  2. #302
    Very nice whatever it is and a beautiful place to live. I have 6 acres to main so I'm quite envious!

  3. #303
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Is that outdoor laminate flooring Jon?


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Not sure what the material is (already there when we moved in) but they are very hard wearing tiles. Theyíre actually in a couple of the bedrooms, so must have been a job lot!


    Sent using Tapatalk. Excuse the lack of apostrophes.

  4. #304
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    That looks like Thailand.

    Edit: I just logged in via Google and I can now see you are in Vietnam. Very similar architecture to Thailand.
    Yes, Vietnam. Binh Duong to be precise. About an hour outside of Ho Chi Minh.
    I couldnít justify a place like this in the city. It would be about $8000 a month


    Sent using Tapatalk. Excuse the lack of apostrophes.

  5. #305
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,188
    Lovely property Jon, I'm very jealous. I'd happily give up everything and move to Thailand/Bali/Vietnam as I'm a sun worshipper.

  6. #306
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,982

    Show us your garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Thatís a lovely piece of land, Alex.

    Unfortunately we donít have a garden at all. Not really the done thing here.
    We do have a very low maintenance yard/patio type thing though.
    Lovely house that is.
    I remember as a child in Saigon in our first home we had a small garden. It was a mixed blessing because of the snakes. And the gardener never hurt them (metempsychosis) so just threw it in the garden next door, whose gardener probably did the same...

    But the bougainvillea were fabulous.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  7. #307
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,789
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    There's a couple of shy but then inquisitive foxcubs appeared today at the very bottom of the garden

    ...

    S'ppose this could be one of the parents..

    Blimey, be careful going near those cubs - that mother fox would appear from nowhere and rip your face off if she thought you were threatening them.

    Lovely to see the little ones though!

  8. #308
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,457
    Jon, lovely property.

    Whatís the blue glowing light / fan / speaker to the right of the bbq?

    Hope youíre doing well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #309
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    750
    There seem to be a lot of people on this thread who know their gardens - could I request a bit of advice? Is now a good time to overseed my lawn? Not sure the weather warm enough yet. I'm in London and this recent spell of sunshine is tempting me to get it started now...

  10. #310
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people on this thread who know their gardens - could I request a bit of advice? Is now a good time to overseed my lawn? Not sure the weather warm enough yet. I'm in London and this recent spell of sunshine is tempting me to get it started now...
    It's a throw of the dice. Historically we are likely to get cold spells in April. How cold is the wager you take; But I agree it is tempting. I have no lawn to seed but I will take the laurel out, because it's (backbreaking but) straightforward to take back inside.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  11. #311
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    As mentioned here in this thread: grass starts to grow above 12C. However, I spotted a type of grass that germinates from 6C when I was in the garden center. Someone told me that it's grass suitable for meadows etc.

    There's nothing wrong with overseeing now, late March, early April. But there's a fair chance that birds will have plenty of time to pick up the grass seeds before they start growing. Late April, early May will give you higher temps (hopefully) and grass seeds that germinate quicker.

  12. #312
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    There seem to be a lot of people on this thread who know their gardens - could I request a bit of advice? Is now a good time to overseed my lawn? Not sure the weather warm enough yet. I'm in London and this recent spell of sunshine is tempting me to get it started now...
    Looking on my phone it says there is a 50% chance of snow on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week down here in South Wales.
    Iíll be holding out a few weeks before I seed.

  13. #313
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,832
    I used feed, weed and moss killer on my lawn about a week ago so with the weather being so nice today I gave the lawn a cut. My mower has a collection box on the back so it collected the grass as I was cutting it. I then went over it with the electric rake.
    This is the battle I have every year with moss. The amount that comes out of the ground is staggering.
    After raking up the cuttings I changed the roller on the rake to the scarifier and then started to scarify it only to catch the submerged washing line post and break the bloody thing. Iím going to strip it down and have a look myself before consigning it to the tip and buying a new one.


  14. #314
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Lovely property Jon, I'm very jealous. I'd happily give up everything and move to Thailand/Bali/Vietnam as I'm a sun worshipper.
    Thanks, Alex. It's a bit of a goldfish bowl, but we are working on that. Not that it's very busy, but as the only westerners in the community, we tend to garner a bit of attention... especially when the BBQ is in full swing!

    Oh, and it's rather too hot at the moment. It can hit 40+ this time of year. Not ideal when you're a factory worker.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 31st March 2021 at 00:31.

  15. #315
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Lovely house that is.
    I remember as a child in Saigon in our first home we had a small garden. It was a mixed blessing because of the snakes. And the gardener never hurt them (metempsychosis) so just threw it in the garden next door, whose gardener probably did the same...

    But the bougainvillea were fabulous.
    Haha. We often see neighbors lobbing leaves back into each others property. Fortunately we have a lovely older couple that clean the yard daily.

    And yes, some of the flora is beautiful.

  16. #316
    Master Jon Kenney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vietnam
    Posts
    3,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Jon, lovely property.

    Whatís the blue glowing light / fan / speaker to the right of the bbq?

    Hope youíre doing well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank Matt. We're doing great ta.

    That will be one of many mozzy zapper contraptions we have all over the place. They love the pale skin

  17. #317
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    18,187
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I used feed, weed and moss killer on my lawn about a week ago so with the weather being so nice today I gave the lawn a cut. My mower has a collection box on the back so it collected the grass as I was cutting it. I then went over it with the electric rake.
    This is the battle I have every year with moss. The amount that comes out of the ground is staggering.
    After raking up the cuttings I changed the roller on the rake to the scarifier and then started to scarify it only to catch the submerged washing line post and break the bloody thing. Iím going to strip it down and have a look myself before consigning it to the tip and buying a new one.
    We bought a scarifier. I'm sure it somehow creates matter, it's the only explanation for the huge amounts of moss that appear from it!
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  18. #318
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,832
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    We bought a scarifier. I'm sure it somehow creates matter, it's the only explanation for the huge amounts of moss that appear from it!
    Yep, what looks like a clean lawn soon looks like a cut hay field after itís been scarified.

  19. #319
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Looking on my phone it says there is a 50% chance of snow on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week down here in South Wales.
    Iíll be holding out a few weeks before I seed.
    When it comes to snow: same here. Not one day, but three in a row. Hard to imagine when writing this: sun, no wind and 16C already here in the back garden.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  20. #320
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,562

    Show us your garden

    Busy weekend in the garden laying block pavers in the greenhouse



    Followed by 10 barrow loads of moss after dethatching the lawn!



    hopefully things will improve!






    Aeration, seeding and top dressing and levelling to follow.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  21. #321
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Busy weekend in the garden laying block pavers in the greenhouse



    Followed by 10 barrow loads of moss after dethatching the lawn!



    hopefully things will improve!






    Aeration, seeding and top dressing and levelling to follow.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just take the pictures from the same angle in one and two months time. Let's see what happens.

    I de-thatched my lawn 12 days ago, after that I threw a lot of fertilizer on the grass. The grass is growing already and it looks a lot greener than before! I still need to sow a little grass on the open spots, but temps will be below 12C for the next 10 days or so. Parts of my lawn really need 'shadow grass' and the former horse box in the back with it's iffy soil(...) needs very strong meadow grass that will grow on poor soil. Luckily, that's a lot cheaper than lawn grass seed.

  22. #322
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Just take the pictures from the same angle in one and two months time. Let's see what happens.

    I de-thatched my lawn 12 days ago, after that I threw a lot of fertilizer on the grass. The grass is growing already and it looks a lot greener than before! I still need to sow a little grass on the open spots, but temps will be below 12C for the next 10 days or so. Parts of my lawn really need 'shadow grass' and the former horse box in the back with it's iffy soil(...) needs very strong meadow grass that will grow on poor soil. Luckily, that's a lot cheaper than lawn grass seed.
    Will update. Bad year for moss this year!

    Manually de-thatched so my body is feeling it now!
    Last edited by Chinnock; 4th April 2021 at 19:40.

  23. #323
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Will update. Bad year for moss this year!

    Manually de-thatched so my body is feeling it now!
    I rented a petrol-powered (Eliet with a Honda engine) machine. 30 euros for a whole day. I'm glad I spent it on that machine!

  24. #324
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tyneside
    Posts
    620
    Not a garden but our allotment

    Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

  25. #325
    Master johnbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    sheffield,england
    Posts
    4,044
    Was in the garden yesterday and started a little bit of weeding on this 2014 collected Lonicera when it started blowing a blizzard, managed to finish the weeding, Didn't get the chance to give it a clip as I walked in looking like a snowman!!





    Went out to give it a haircut today, When i'd finished I went down the steps and slipped!, This is a bit of a weight, The pot is 21"x16" and 6" deep, I was heading for another tree on the lawn and had to sort of throw it over that one but kept a hold, Somehow I didn't hurt myself, Or the trees/pots!!



    I also collected the Cotoneaster on the left at the same time from the same derlict school in Barnsley, I made a box to plant it in but got it in to the 16"mica drum pot three years later, It was a twin trunk originally but the right hand trunk died back last year so I carved it heavily!, A few of my mates and me went, The school was being demolished and the grounds were overgrown with shrubbery, A friend who lived close by obtained permission and we gave the excavator driver a couple of quid for each tree he lifted with his bucket!, It really saved the back!!




    John

  26. #326
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    That's absolutely beautiful!!! And a very skilled job. I won't mind seeing more of these 'before/after pics!

    When writing this, I now remember seeing a piece on television of a (British?) rockband drummer with a back garden filled with bonzai trees. Gravel on the ground, large teak/oak trees on the gravel and on top endless rows of bonzai. Was it Gardener's World? I don't remember where I've seen it.

  27. #327
    Master johnbaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    sheffield,england
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    That's absolutely beautiful!!! And a very skilled job. I won't mind seeing more of these 'before/after pics!

    When writing this, I now remember seeing a piece on television of a (British?) rockband drummer with a back garden filled with bonzai trees. Gravel on the ground, large teak/oak trees on the gravel and on top endless rows of bonzai. Was it Gardener's World? I don't remember where I've seen it.

    This was the Lonicera when I brought it home, Luckily I had the pot spare so planted it straight in then left it for a couple of years before I did anything to it!




    This was the Cotoneaster on the left of the garden swing, It had a large root/semi submerged branch, I had to make the box big enough to take it, I removed it the following year as it was in the way for potting it eventually!



    I started carving the tree a couple of years later!



    As it was with two trunks (I prefer it as a single slanting trunk!)..




    The carved dead trunk..




    And after the first coat of Lime Sulphur, It's had a few more coats but needed doing again as it fades away!




    John

  28. #328
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    When I see trunks like that, I remove them and throw them away. Not knowing that there's beauty inside! And one needs to be skilled to (a) recognise it and (b) get it 'out'.

  29. #329
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,789
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    When I see trunks like that, I remove them and throw them away. Not knowing that there's beauty inside! And one needs to be skilled to (a) recognise it and (b) get it 'out'.
    Agreed!

    I never thought / knew you could do this, although logically it makes sense as when you heavily prune larger trees, they usually grow back.

    I may try it!

  30. #330
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,453
    Beautiful work there John.

    You are the Bonsai master!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  31. #331
    Master Incredible Sulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    3 Degrees West
    Posts
    1,439
    I think this is my favourite time of year in the garden when the the Quince tree comes into flower.




  32. #332
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    1,588
    Nice lawn. Are they olive trees at the bottom?

  33. #333
    Master Incredible Sulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    3 Degrees West
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Nice lawn. Are they olive trees at the bottom?
    The lawn was levelled (ha!) and re-turfed a week or so ago. It's been growing really fast and needs a trim, but not all the turfs have rooted yet, so I'll have to hang fire for another week or so. I really don't want to see the next water bill.

    Yes, the trees in the lawn are olives - but of an ornamental variety and don't fruit.

  34. #334
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I think this is my favourite time of year in the garden when the the Quince tree comes into flower.
    We make quince vodka from ours!

  35. #335
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Show us your garden

    Last November, we moved house. From our too large townhouse to our own forest with a modest house in the middle. One of the first things we did was hiring a professional tree surgeon to have all the trees adjacent to our neighbour's land checked, cut when needed and some had only branches cut off.

    Since then I've been busy cutting the pieces of wood on the ground into 35cm /13.5 inch logs. But I didn't want to haul all the wood with a wheelbarrow! Next job was to set out a path between the trees, wide enough for the CRV + trailer to reach the various spots where I'd stashed the cut-offs. That took me a few days: cutting away dead trunks hidden under the thick layer of dead leafs, replanting some shrubs and marking my route with a special marker used by tree surgeons. I didn't want to get lost in my own forest! (That would be more my stupidity than the size of the forest...)

    Then the loading started. Oak and birch. First, I started weighing the logs and I found out that I'd be safe when I would cover the complete floor of my trailer: about 500 kilos of wood and I needed add the weight of the trailer as well. This hybrid version has an allowed towing capacity of 750 kilo here in the Netherlands.

    With the ground very dry - it's the 4th week without rain, towing with the hybrid was easy. It even ran in EV mode with the trailer packed with logs!

    Last edited by thieuster; 26th April 2021 at 13:04.

  36. #336
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    23,982
    Surely the weight limit is only valid (and enforceable) on public roads, not inside your own property?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  37. #337
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    I've considered that. Our previous CR-V with the 2.2 diesel engine was allowed to haul 1800 kgs. This hybrid is restricted to 750 kgs, knowing that it's only valid for Europe. In the US and Can, one is NOT allowed to pull anything with the car. There: void of warranty when you put a trailer behind the CR-V hybrid. Those two added-up... well let's say I stay on the safe side.

    Next job is splitting the wood into pieces suited for the log burner. A friend who owns a TR (a TR5!) heard about my adventures and offered me his electric wood splitter. Tomorrow is The King's Day overhere and I'll pick the machine next Wednesday. TBC.

  38. #338
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by damperman View Post
    Great place you have. Take some picís of the works.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    The works start tomorrow to replace our pumping station. Apparently they're going to lay boards over the lawn to limit the damage but ultimately they've got to dig out the old chamber and a new 3m deep hole to stick the new one in.

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

  39. #339
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Good luck with that and hopefully, the damage will be limited.
    At the same time, on this side of the North Sea: Iíve won an online auction: a US-built Locke reel mower. Normally for golf courses.
    I won that (working!) machine for next to nothing.

  40. #340
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Good luck with that and hopefully, the damage will be limited.
    At the same time, on this side of the North Sea: Iíve won an online auction: a US-built Locke reel mower. Normally for golf courses.
    I won that (working!) machine for next to nothing.
    You can never have too many mowers, look forward to seeing the stripes you achieve with that

  41. #341
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    My precious...



    No-way that this machine was ever delivered with a 8 hp Honda engine! Someone has installed this after the original engine gave up. The protection over the rear wheels had to go to fit the engine. That Honda engine is idiot-proof. When the mower fails, there's always the route of building the engine into a DIY hurricane-force wheeled leaf blower!



    I sent you an email with a short video.
    Last edited by thieuster; 5th May 2021 at 20:17.

  42. #342
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Last November, we moved house. From our too large townhouse to our own forest with a modest house in the middle. One of the first things we did was hiring a professional tree surgeon to have all the trees adjacent to our neighbour's land checked, cut when needed and some had only branches cut off.

    Since then I've been busy cutting the pieces of wood on the ground into 35cm /13.5 inch logs. But I didn't want to haul all the wood with a wheelbarrow! Next job was to set out a path between the trees, wide enough for the CRV + trailer to reach the various spots where I'd stashed the cut-offs. That took me a few days: cutting away dead trunks hidden under the thick layer of dead leafs, replanting some shrubs and marking my route with a special marker used by tree surgeons. I didn't want to get lost in my own forest! (That would be more my stupidity than the size of the forest...)

    Then the loading started. Oak and birch. First, I started weighing the logs and I found out that I'd be safe when I would cover the complete floor of my trailer: about 500 kilos of wood and I needed add the weight of the trailer as well. This hybrid version has an allowed towing capacity of 750 kilo here in the Netherlands.

    With the ground very dry - it's the 4th week without rain, towing with the hybrid was easy. It even ran in EV mode with the trailer packed with logs!

    That looks epic @thieuster
    Do you have some photos of the house?
    I am intrigued to see a house in the middle of its own forest

  43. #343
    Master Lammylee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,501

  44. #344
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1
    Yes! Beautiful

  45. #345
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Show us your garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    That looks epic @thieuster
    Do you have some photos of the house?
    I am intrigued to see a house in the middle of its own forest
    Pics from the sales brochure last July




    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  46. #346
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Just take the pictures from the same angle in one and two months time. Let's see what happens.

    I de-thatched my lawn 12 days ago, after that I threw a lot of fertilizer on the grass. The grass is growing already and it looks a lot greener than before! I still need to sow a little grass on the open spots, but temps will be below 12C for the next 10 days or so. Parts of my lawn really need 'shadow grass' and the former horse box in the back with it's iffy soil(...) needs very strong meadow grass that will grow on poor soil. Luckily, that's a lot cheaper than lawn grass seed.
    What a difference a month makes!





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #347
    Master ed335d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    What a difference a month makes!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is quite a difference! I guess this rather variable weather is helping

  48. #348
    Master Chinnock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    That is quite a difference! I guess this rather variable weather is helping
    Been perfect sowing weather combined with lots of aeration, seed, top soil, weed and feed.

  49. #349
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    8,413
    Blog Entries
    1

    Show us your garden

    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    What a difference a month makes!





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's great!!!

    I used my behemoth Locke mower for the first time.



    Last edited by thieuster; 19th May 2021 at 16:09.

  50. #350
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Here and there mostly
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    What a difference a month makes!

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How did you manage that - whats the secret?

    ive postponed due to extremes of the weather, hailstoning one minute and sun beaming the next!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information