closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Please, please, please let this be true!

Please, please, please let this be true!

We could be the next Man City....but with a full stadium.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...om-mike-ashley

Thought nobody outside of Man City fans wanted Sheik's 'oil money' billions buying the league.

Craftsman

Fingers crossed

I do hope so, howay the lads.

Unfortunately FFP will hinder the spending these days lads. The clubs need to be run as a business, so commercial revenues off the field are key and that requires a global support base. Hope it works out for you, but don’t expect 100 million pound players through the door anytime soon, building some stability into the club will be priority number one.

Villa's majority shareholders have put in place a very bold plan to completely revamp the club and make it self-sufficient and successful. A lot of players from the academy have just been released (although quite a few are in their early 20s, and it's about time) but more interesting talent seems to be coming in younger. Promotion this season wasn't in the main plan so we'll see where this goes but it will be interesting to see where we go, seeing as how we're a huge club worldwide (with more potential in China, where our minority shareholder is from), the owners are something like the third richest in British football and able to invest in sponsorship etc, and we have a very good manager seemingly capable of making gems out of the least fancied players. I know the PL is a different place to the Championship - it's only three years since we dropped out - but there could be some good comparisons with where Newcastle could be going.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    I can think of nothing worse. Where does it all end?? Every Premier League club owned by rich folk??

Does it then become a case of who has the most money, wins?

Willy waving in it's purest form, in my opinion.

The German model is the model to be followed, but unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle now.

I find myself losing interest in the game, and what it has become, on a daily basis.

I'm not sure the German model is the one to follow, Bayern have won the title what a dozen time in the last 15 years?

Not that having oil money flood our game is really any better.
    Last edited by kace; 28th May 2019 at 16:37.

Fans rooting for their clubs to be bought by foreign sheikhs? What's the value of titles bought by oil money?

Sick, really. I'd rather have my team being relegated than becoming a playground for some super-rich from the gulf.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Craftsman
    Apparently this sheikh tried to buy my beloved lfc last year.......at 350 mil the toons are a bargain. Without a shadow of a doubt one of the best supported clubs in the land.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Whatever happens I hope it’s good riddance to that shower of shite, Ashley.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he manages to screw this up in the same way he’s managed to screw up all other potential deals.

A nasty piece of work and not fit to run a market stall, never mind a community football club.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I can think of nothing worse. Where does it all end?? Every Premier League club owned by rich folk??
    I assumed we are there already! Is there a PL club not owned by someone wealthy??

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I assumed we are there already! Is there a PL club not owned by someone wealthy??
    Man United

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Man United

I don't think the Glazers are exactly on their uppers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Unfortunately FFP will hinder the spending these days lads. The clubs need to be run as a business, so commercial revenues off the field are key and that requires a global support base. Hope it works out for you, but don’t expect 100 million pound players through the door anytime soon, building some stability into the club will be priority number one.
    We don't. A reasonable transfer budget, decent quality players and Rafa allowed the final say on transfers along with being able to manage as he sees fit is all that's required.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    We don't. A reasonable transfer budget, decent quality players and Rafa allowed the final say on transfers along with being able to manage as he sees fit is all that's required.
    I think possibly 5-6 next season if it goes to plan.

That's a dilemma for the worlds best players.... I can see them right now, drumming their fingers while pondering, where would i rather live, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Newcastle.....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    That's a dilemma for the worlds best players.... I can see them right now, drumming their fingers while pondering, where would i rather live, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Newcastle.....
    Good point lol

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Nail on the head! It's not about domestic or European dominance rather being progressive in the league and in the mix for a trophy or two in the next fifty years. Getting Rafa to sign for another three years and making a bit of sound investment in the squad will be a good start. I'd like to see very well thought through five and ten year plans too.

Ashley is a spiteful, greedy man so I shouldn't get too excited as he could easily throw the deal away.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Ashley is a spiteful, greedy man
    Let's hope billionaire Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan isn't!

Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Arguably Manchester and Liverpool are no better places to live yet they seem to have attracted some decent players.

I agree, I dislike the way things are going and with some fans begging to be taken over by a foreign sheikh or oligarch.

Although we often moan about our our sex shop owners at least they are both English with close ties to the club, a fact I appreciate.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I agree, I dislike the way things are going and with some fans begging to be taken over by a foreign sheikh or oligarch.

Although we often moan about our our sex shop owners at least they are both English with close ties to the club, a fact I appreciate.
    I completely agree Neil and my preference has always been for a North East based consortium to have taken over the club. However, that isn't likely so why shouldn't we want a rich Sheik who might actually give us some real investment?

Great news if true.
    The more the merrier if you ask me .
    Even despite your lame and incorrect attempt at having a go at our attendance figures Id be made up for the Horse Punchers .

One bloke punches one horse and....🤣

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Great news if true.
    Even despite your lame and incorrect attempt at having a go at our attendance figures Id be made up for the Horse Punchers .
    Agreed 100%
    Money influx to the majority of clubs is inevitable given that the TV and commercial deals will probably keep on getting bigger and bigger and bigger for many years to come.
    China and India still tiny markets comparatively.

Big money is less and less of a differentiator.
    Its all about the manager and the management team.
    Top managers will be earning £1m a week before the players do...

Great news if true.
    Agreed.

The German model is the model to be followed, but unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle now.

I find myself losing interest in the game, and what it has become, on a daily basis.
    How on Earth is the German model the one to follow? 7 titles on the bounce for Bayern?

Whatever model is used, someone somewhere will have the spare time and inclination to whinge about it. The PL is pretty competitive at the top most seasons, 4 different winners over the last decade and usually a different winner every season.

I'd say it's working pretty damn well compared to every other major league.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    How on Earth is the German model the one to follow? 7 titles on the bounce for Bayern?

Whatever model is used, someone somewhere will have the spare time and inclination to whinge about it. The PL is pretty competitive at the top most seasons, 4 different winners over the last decade and usually a different winner every season.

I'd say it's working pretty damn well compared to every other major league.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Although of course not perfect the Bundesliga has cheap ticket prices that PL fans can only dream of.

£15 to get in, season tickets for less than £200??

Worth a read....

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/b...-ticket-prices
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Munich charge just as much as the top pl clubs.

https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets/info...nd-concessions

They do have cheap tickets but I gather there aren't many available. So a top price of ,€100 for a champions League game and most of the tickets more than 50 in the league.

Season ticket prices are always compared, but do they include cup games?

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Munich charge just as much as the top pl clubs.

https://fcbayern.com/en/tickets/info...nd-concessions

They do have cheap tickets but I gather there aren't many available. So a top price of ,€100 for a champions League game and most of the tickets more than 50 in the league.

Season ticket prices are always compared, but do they include cup games?
    My £880 season ticket at Stamford Bridge doesn't include cup of Euro games, just PL. I don't think many, if any do in the PL.

Arsenal include 6 (not league cup) which is why ours always top the table as being the most expensive. I forget what it cost this year and the price for next years depend on tonight result. Likely to end up about £40 a game, lower tier on the west side.

Cheaper than many at Bayern.

I’d also love to know why “oil money” or words to that effect is any less noble than money by any other means . It always seems to be a stick to beat us with even though most can’t then explain themselves . Titles bought with other types of earnings are more valuable than an oil backed team ? Don’t make me laugh.

I’ll tell you what will happen with Toon . Everybody will be made up for them on the surface . As soon as they become successful and push out one of the old guard, there will be all sorts of snidey slurs and digs at the backing leading to hostility from the media and fans from other teams . Teams who believe they have a god given right to be at the top will have their noses put out of joint and react .
    I’ll say again, from mine and the majority of City fans point of view that we would welcome the long term challenge from Newcastle .

A business run sustainably is better than one bankrolled by a rich bloke, call me old fashioned if you like.

Oil money, oligarch money, fly by night billionaire, its all the same, its a plaything, a front to your regime, a way to launder your assets..... how many owners are truly fit and proper? I'd rather Arsenal was family and fan owned, fair enough you're happy with a regime owning yours, lets hope they don't lose power or interest because I'm not sure city have a future without them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Arguably Manchester and Liverpool are no better places to live yet they seem to have attracted some decent players.
    This. I'm a geordie live in Manchester and visit liverpool from time to time. I know where I'd rather live. Newcastle is a wonderful place with accessible beaches and surrounded by wonderful countryside. All we have here is Stockport to the south and Bolton to the north...

Master
    It’s a win win situation for Mike Ashley, sales of cheap tracksuits will soar once the fans at Sid James Park end their boycott of Sports Direct.

And now it seems that Benitez has had enough and will call it a day up there.
    I didn’t think Ashley’s stock could fall any further but ............

And now it seems that Benitez has had enough and will call it a day up there.
    I didn’t think Ashley’s stock could fall any further but ............
    The fat man is an utter disgrace. Although it was obvious it was going to happen it’s no less disappointing. My brother thinks it’s because the new owners have their own man coming in. I think that’s a pipe-dream. I don’t think there is a new buyer and probably never was. We’ll have fat fu*ker for another ten years and we’re about to appoint some absolute failure like Mark Fu*king Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    This. I'm a geordie live in Manchester and visit liverpool from time to time. I know where I'd rather live. Newcastle is a wonderful place with accessible beaches and surrounded by wonderful countryside. All we have here is Stockport to the south and Bolton to the north...
    Oi, I live in Stockport! At least we have Werneth Low and Etherow country park...

Craftsman
    Its a disgrace the way rafa has been treated........unless they have new owners, its got relegation written all over it.

Master
    Let the protests at Sports Direct begin