closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Historical Casio F-91w Made in Japan

The Historical Casio F-91w Made in Japan

Hi guys, It is a humble watch, but there is very little information about its production in Japan, in fact I think I am the only lucky one who has one, there is no more information about him on the Internet and I never saw one like it, the search has been difficult for years, but here I present the mythical Casio F-91w manufactured in 1990, with almost 30 years of age, a digital clock different from his brothers nowadays made in China.

where is there a chase bank around me
    becoming a forensic anthropologist

What's with the additional links re chase bank and becoming a forensic anthropologist?

Sorry, they leave the image server, which is deleted in a moderator.

Legendary! Never thought I would see one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    superb

Back to the future 1989/2019

My first watch and Osama bin Laden's last...

Apprentice
    Interesting

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shahzehb View Post
    Interesting
    Are you on a mission?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Are you on a mission?

Twenty-two inane posts over a few hours last night. I thought he was going to declare at 50.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinss View Post
    Hi guys, It is a humble watch, but there is very little information about its production in Japan, in fact I think I am the only lucky one who has one, there is no more information about him on the Internet and I never saw one like it, the search has been difficult for years, but here I present the mythical Casio F-91w manufactured in 1990, with almost 30 years of age, a digital clock different from his brothers nowadays made in China.

where is there a chase bank around me
    becoming a forensic anthropologist
    Funny, but amongst my lot in the armed forces, the Bell and Ross go out the window, as do G Shocks etc. Everyone swears by the F91W, the older the better. And this is a fine, fine example.

Documents and box originals

Craftsman
    Got this...my daughter was throwing it away flat battery and broken strap so I rescued it.

Ordered a battery and threw it on a nato.

Unbelievably I didnt realise until later that its fake lol.....I mean who fakes one of the cheapest watches out there?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Got this...my daughter was throwing it away flat battery and broken strap so I rescued it.

Ordered a battery and threw it on a nato.

Unbelievably I didnt realise until later that its fake lol.....I mean who fakes one of the cheapest watches out there?
    Famous for being the most counterfeited watch in the world, along with its links to ISIS.

They are falsified, because there is a market, there are always clueless people who buy it, who do not know the original well, and as it is sold in all kinds of places, people buy it they see a nice clock with a vintage look, and if They usually sell fakes for 3, 4 euros, who does not fancy a sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Famous for being the most counterfeited watch in the world, along with its links to ISIS.
    The terrorist group Al Qaeda, I only use the Casio F-91W Japanese model, since it was a very simple module to manipulate, and has nothing to do with the current 593 modules of the F-91W, in fact it is said that the Japan models U, Casio was forced to remove them from the market, so it is practically impossible to find one today, since the production was very short 1989, and since it was a throwaway watch and because of its low price, few people kept it , during the time. Who would have thought that after 30 years they would be collector's watches and valued at more than 1,000 euros depending on their condition.

Hmmmmmm, many pics, a detailed description and now a selling price. All from a member without the required posts to post on SC........stealth sales eh?

Quote Originally Posted by joeytheghost View Post
    Hmmmmmm, many pics, a detailed description and now a selling price. All from a member without the required posts to post on SC........stealth sales eh?
    Where do you get that from? Be clear that I am not a merchant, and I only wanted to share this unique mythical model on the Internet with my colleagues, it has taken me 4 years to get it, so do not worry, even if they offered me 4,000 euros, I will not sell it It is a unique piece in the world and a great value for a collector like me, so instead of saying nonsense, the best thing I could have done is to thank me for having offered the opportunity to see it in photos or video.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    My first watch and Osama bin Laden's last...
    : -)

Where do you get that from? Be clear that I am not a merchant, and I only wanted to share this unique mythical model on the Internet with my colleagues, it has taken me 4 years to get it, so do not worry, even if they offered me 4,000 euros, I will not sell it It is a unique piece in the world and a great value for a collector like me, so instead of saying nonsense, the best thing I could have done is to thank me for having offered the opportunity to see it in photos or video.
    It’s nice to see - and rare as a full set, but they weren’t that rare in absolute terms, and were made in fairly large numbers. The fact they were seen as more disposable is more likely the reason you don’t see them - but they will be in the bottom of drawers or in lofts dotted around no doubt.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Don't worry, there's always fear of stealth sales here because people (rightly or wrongly) believe it to be such a good market.

Anyway, thank you for sharing pics of this watch. I didn't actually know that the F-91W had a 'secret' previous history with a different Japanese module. It's always interesting to see a niche-interest watch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    It’s nice to see - and rare as a full set, but they weren’t that rare in absolute terms, and were made in fairly large numbers. The fact they were seen as more disposable is more likely the reason you don’t see them - but they will be in the bottom of drawers or in lofts dotted around no doubt.
    In these years of tireless search of these models, I found many people who claimed to have them, and when they put me in contact with them, it was either a lie or they were false models, as I said before the production of the Japan U model was very short, centered on the year 89, currently there is only my unit, if you or someone thinks that I'm wrong, that I teach some link or information, of more people with F-91W Japanese model, that if you read the links well because the clock can be mine since I present it in several forums.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    Don't worry, there's always fear of stealth sales here because people (rightly or wrongly) believe it to be such a good market.

Anyway, thank you for sharing pics of this watch. I didn't actually know that the F-91W had a 'secret' previous history with a different Japanese module. It's always interesting to see a niche-interest watch like this.
    Niche will be for you, for other millions who are buyers of the F-91W worldwide, it is an economic watch, a very precise watch, and above all hard.
    And remember a very important fact is the best-selling clock in history, and in summary you can spend, a lot of money in a Rolex, Tudor or Omega the price is set by each brand but the final destination is always the same as the time, there is no more , so behind all this, spending a lot of money on a watch that only gives the time, is another issue of trying to pretend a status that sometimes you do not even have.

Blog Entries
    Niche will be for you, for other millions who are buyers of the F-91W worldwide, it is an economic watch, a very precise watch, and above all hard.
    I agree about the F-91W in general.

By "niche" I was thinking specifically about the version with the 593 module. That one is niche since, as far as I can tell, very few people are aware of it.

Is it actually any different? As in is the circuits the same, just assembled somewhere where else?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
    Funny, but amongst my lot in the armed forces, the Bell and Ross go out the window, as do G Shocks etc. Everyone swears by the F91W, the older the better. And this is a fine, fine example.
    Interesting find and also interesting that it is revered over other watches especially G shocks by armed forces . Can you elaborate any further on this choice and as to why the older the better ? Surely it's not for monetary reasons being that it's devalued with age or second hand as they are cheap enough brand new?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tallmartin View Post
    Is it actually any different? As in is the circuits the same, just assembled somewhere where else?
    Yes, its module is an evolution of the 587 of the F-84W.
    And externally, it mounts a protective metal housing, which I had not seen in any previous model.

https://youtu.be/n2e0N-VxHMw

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    Interesting find and also interesting that it is revered over other watches especially G shocks by armed forces . Can you elaborate any further on this choice and as to why the older the better ? Surely it's not for monetary reasons being that it's devalued with age or second hand as they are cheap enough brand new?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree
    image sharing

F-84W Japan 1986.