closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko President Bracelet for SKX diver & an 009 question...

Master

Seiko President Bracelet for SKX diver & an 009 question...

Just last Saturday I received my newly purchased 009. My 007 have been with me for over 10 years now. I don't have high regard for the 7S26 movement inside but I really like the classic look of these watches and seeing that I do not like the recent Seiko offerings (at times the look and at others the price) I wanted to add an 009 too.

I had the SKX bullet too but was foolish to let it go, that bracelet was one of the best Seiko offerings (thanks Rolex).

I would like to buy an original Seiko President bracelet with endlinks for the 009. I am not interested in non official copies/aftermarket bracelets. Does someone have a source for these bracelets?

PS: My 009 have a black (dark grey) chapter ring as the one on my 007. Is this normal? I am assuming it is a cost cutting decision by Seiko. Though not a large detractor, I do feel it should have been the same color as the dial & bezel.

They’re very hard to find these days. You are typically better off buying one that’s already attached to an SKX, usually the Bullet model you mentioned but you’ll pay through the nose for it.

I bought the repro President bracelet from Larry at UncleSeiko a couple of years ago because it tapers like the original. A lovely bracelet but a wee bit heavy. The only alternatives I can think of would be the original jubilee (very comfortable and sits on the wrist like the original President) or try the Z199 repro from UncleSeiko.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    They’re very hard to find these days. You are typically better off buying one that’s already attached to an SKX, usually the Bullet model you mentioned but you’ll pay through the nose for it.

I bought the repro President bracelet from Larry at UncleSeiko a couple of years ago because it tapers like the original. A lovely bracelet but a wee bit heavy. The only alternatives I can think of would be the original jubilee (very comfortable and sits on the wrist like the original President) or try the Z199 repro from UncleSeiko.
    A bullet has become scarily expensive...bought mine for 110 USD a good 10 years back...don't know what change, apart from the fact of Seiko dishing out ever more absurd and expensive watches.

Do you know what's the deal with the 009 having a black chapetr ring?! It was 100% new and untouched. Is this only recently that Seiko made this change?!

Same watch as mine, with a black chapter ring is here (trust me it is not the light) : https://www.watchspec.com/seiko-skx007-skx009/

I’ve never seen an SKX009 with a black chapter ring unless it was a 007 with a blue dial and pepsi bezel added at some point.

Master
    very strange indeed....