closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Golf 1.5tsi petrol engine problems

Master

Golf 1.5tsi petrol engine problems

Came across this little issue while doing some background work on a new car for her indoors - anyone got the new one and come across the issue ?

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/ow...si-evo-engine/

Any experiences would be much appreciated

B

Craftsman

Golf 1.5tsi petrol engine problems

This is very interesting.

My wife and I took delivery of our Golf 1.5 TSI EVO 130 Automatic about 3 months ago. My wife hasn’t complained about the drive, but I thought I noticed it being a little snatchy when cold. I put this down to slight delays when selecting gear in the auto’ box, but the “kangarooing” described in the link fits the description.

I’ve emailed my contacts at VW in Peterborough and hopefully they’re marginally more useful at responding to this, than they were when we were purchasing the car. Will keep you updated as to what their response is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fault as reported is for the manual, would an auto also have the same issues?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    The fault as reported is for the manual, would an auto also have the same issues?
    I did wonder. You’re right - the article only mentions Manuals but I thought it’d be worth asking anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No direct experience but from reading it I suspect the issue will be fixed with a engine download.

Master
    My mate has a new Audi A3 with the 1.5 engine no probs although the dsg gearbox blew up 2 weeks after he got it

I've got this engine in my Golf. It does kangaroo, but only really in first gear on a feathered throttle and/or when slipping the clutch. So mostly in the supermarket car park. It's mildly annoying, but I've learnt to drive round it. I'm going to mention it at service time, but it doesn't bug me enough to do anything beforehand. It's more noticeable in ECO mode, which does make you think it's a mapping issue.

Other cars/drivers might have it worse, of course.

Master
    The second issue of needing to restart after coasting/overrun seems to be a live one as well - with a DSG as well as a manual.

https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=33094

"
    1.5 TSI Engine not restarting from coasting mode.

I have a situation with my car (2018 Golf Sat Nav 1.5 TSI, DSG along with a number of colleagues who have the same car. That when in the coasting mode the engine doesn't restart when the acceleration is pushed demanding that car is restarted manually - impossible to do on the motorway!
    Car has been off the road for nearly a month after near major accident on the M5 ( colleagues car has been off the road for longer ) VW admits there's an issue with the software and are awaiting a patch for the software.

Been told that it's safe to drive but not to use the eco function, told them they can keep it until they sort it out as it's a critical safety issue in my book. 6 cars in our fleet have all had the same issue.

If it was a private car I would of rejected it, VW have provided a hire car at their cost which I will keep until they can remap the software.
    Advice from the dealer is not to use the eco function !
    Any one else having issues?

Should VW be recalling? "

I have spoken to two dealers about the two issues - one has gone very quiet and the other bluffed around it :-)

I will have some more information coming. I have set a couple of our guys off webferreting to see what they come back with...........but can't see me getting any brownies for giving her a vehicle with these sorts of issues.

B
    Last edited by Brian; 29th May 2019 at 15:47.

Craftsman
    If VW/VAG have actually acknowledged an issue then it must be widespread and serious judging by their previous "head in the sand" approach to problems

Master
    The dsg gearboxes have been failing for years and it still seems the only ones who don't know about it are vw I had a mk 2 gti and it was great and a 2015 1.4 tsi dsg reliability and build qauility the two cars are worlds apart I wouldn't buy another vag car unless it was new and under warranty and it seems even then they have plenty of issues