closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling help, out of my depth!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Breitling help, out of my depth!

Does anyone have info on this model, apparently only 40 made, mate of mine has been offered one BNIB and has asked me to value it, and I haven't a clue

Sorry Mike. Can't help. Looked up on Google too. Found SAS and Royal Marine LEbut nothing that looks like your pic.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I tried google but got nowhere, it looks like he is wearing covies and work gloves in the pic so maybe a subsea expedition or something?

What does the red writing say? I can't make out the first word - something sea.

By the way, interesting choice of metaphor for you Mike - being out of your depth!

Master
    Looks like North Sea

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just seen it's North Sea so I guess commissioned buy the divers.

anyone want to hazard a ballpark figure for a new one, what would the standard watch sell for?

@simonK, thought you would like the depth pun!

Blog Entries
    Looks like a custom Breitling Steel Avenger II Seawolf to me.. Model: A17331101B2A1 Steel on Steel

https://www.breitling.com/gb-en/watc...A17331101B2A1/ MRP £3300 at current prices for the standard on Steel or £2910 on rubber Diver-Pro-III with tang clasp. Custom - not sure - maybe add 20%?

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th May 2019 at 14:53.

A brand new Avenger Seawolf on rubber strap is around $3825 with significant discounts ( 30% ) available. I doubt there is a premium attached to it given the lack of awareness. Assuming it is new and comes with paperwork, I would not offer
    more than £2300-2500 unless one has a special attraction to it. Just an educated guess. I could be wrong.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn’t add anything for the customisation unless it meant something to me. If it is not relevant, wouldn’t it decrease the value?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure nick, everybody likes a divers helmet fnar fnar.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seadog1408 View Post
    Not sure nick, everybody likes a divers helmet fnar fnar.
    I’m chuckling Mike, I'm chuckling :-)

Worth less than standard. Unless your a member of that dive organisation why would you want it. Breitling will print any logo on the dial if you buy over a certain number . Hence there are loads of supposedly limited edition breitlings. Only really limited because the club or organisation only ordered the minimum quantity.
    If I remember right AMJ watches will get the order and printing organised adding a logo to any breitling if you buy enough.
    Don't be fooled into thinking any of these could be the breitling equivalent of a Rolex Comex.