closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS29a Power Reserve

PRS29a Power Reserve

Does anyone pay much attention to the power reserve? I’ve found mine to generally under perform, on average 36 hours. However I have had the odd occasion when it’s gone up to 48 hours. Is this normal?
    Cheers- Oli

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Mine runs for approximately 44 hours after a full wind.

I think it depends on how (Or if) your wearing it.. I know that if mine stops on the wrist and I give it a little shake, it will sometimes run again for a considerable amount of time.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by senraw; 25th May 2019 at 10:18.

I must add that I only started monitoring it after I forgot to wind it one day and it stopped after approx 30 hours!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Does anyone pay much attention to the power reserve? I’ve found mine to generally under perform, on average 36 hours. However I have had the odd occasion when it’s gone up to 48 hours. Is this normal?
    Cheers- Oli

I get 44 hours. I wind it every 40 or so, where possible.

Have checked mine (PRS-29AM) twice when I changed watches. Was ~50 hours on both occasions. Fully wound once a day in the morning.

Craftsman
    Mine shares wrist time with a couple of other watches, however when its in use I've found the Smiths 29a to be a little inconsistent with its run time but around 36 hours seems to be average.

I've also mentioned on here previously of just one instance where it stopped while not being worn but near to full wind, pulling the crown out and resetting it got it going again and its behaved since.

Ed

Journeyman
    Mine is still running at 48hrs, it is also running at +1 a day on the wrist. Very happy with this watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An update for anyone who cares....
    Since posting I have been keeping tabs on the run time and most of the time I get approx 50 hours from a full wind. But weirdly, every so often get something ridiculous like 30 hours. Each time it is wound fully. Can anyone explain this? I have wondered if at times, given how stiff the crown is, I have thought I’ve fully wound it, when in fact I haven’t (as I’m paranoid about overwinding). But I think that it is unlikely. Thanks!!

Let me cure your paranoia. The crown will get to the point where it just will not wind further so you can't over-wind. Count the number of winds to reach this point (whether from stopped or running), then you'll know when you're thereabouts. My feeling is that your hypothesis is correct.