closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting chart on watch investment

Interesting chart on watch investment

On Instagram

Being fairly new to the luxury watch collecting, I've always been a bit doubtful of watches as investments. Always knew that certain Swiss brands (mostly Rolex) can appreciate in value, but never seen the quantitative evidence for it.

I found this chart quite interesting although not sure how they got the data for a "portfolio of luxury watches"

The caption:
    "Watches are big business. But should you be taking your savings and investing it in a big brand luxury watch?
    -
    Some classic timepieces have generated returns that a lot of investors would be proud of. Take the iconic Rolex Submariner for example. Since 1994 Rolex has increased its price more than 4x and even second hand its value has more than tripled (according to timerating).
    -
    But, as with a lot of luxury markets such as art, classic cars or antique furniture, buying the right item is the key skill, and it's not an easy one. A lot of luxury items depreciate quickly. -
    So if you're not an expert, get some advice, or stick to the stock market. But if you have an eye for it there's definitely scope to make a killing investing in luxury watches. After all, time is money."

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradiddle View Post
    On Instagram

Being fairly new to the luxury watch collecting, I've always been a bit doubtful of watches as investments. Always knew that certain Swiss brands (mostly Rolex) can appreciate in value, but never seen the quantitative evidence for it.

I found this chart quite interesting although not sure how they got the data for a "portfolio of luxury watches"

The caption:
    "Watches are big business. But should you be taking your savings and investing it in a big brand luxury watch?
    -
    Some classic timepieces have generated returns that a lot of investors would be proud of. Take the iconic Rolex Submariner for example. Since 1994 Rolex has increased its price more than 4x and even second hand its value has more than tripled (according to timerating).
    -
    But, as with a lot of luxury markets such as art, classic cars or antique furniture, buying the right item is the key skill, and it's not an easy one. A lot of luxury items depreciate quickly. -
    So if you're not an expert, get some advice, or stick to the stock market. But if you have an eye for it there's definitely scope to make a killing investing in luxury watches. After all, time is money."