closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 114060 crown action

Craftsman

114060 crown action

Hello, wondering if any fellow 114060 owners could chime in here... When I wind up my 114060 I can't then click the crown into the next position to set the time unless I wind the crown back slightly.... Is this normal?

Master
    My SubC ND doesn't do that... It is a 3130 movement which is the same as 3135 sans date and is in loads of watches so if it is a thing someone else should have experienced it.

I've just tried it and its the same with mine (only a couple of weeks old). I probably could pull harder and get the crown out, but rotating it slightly in a counter-clockwise direction definitely helps.

It was similar with my previous Rolex (different movement - a GMT 116710) and I discussed the stiff crown with the AD when I took it in for a service - they assured me its quite normal, partly due to the necessary waterproofing measures (tight tolerances and gaskets), and its a good habit to "twist and pull" if you need to change your time/date etc.

Out of interest, do you rotate watches? I've not yet had to wind mine up as its not been left longer than 36 hours between wears.
    Last edited by Halitosis; 23rd May 2019 at 21:11.

Master
    Same with both my Sub ND and BLNR so I would say nothing to worry about.

Craftsman
    Thanks for your input! Happy it's not an issue with the watch....

(I do rotate watches and also tend to put my watch away when I'm doing stuff on the house rather than run the risk of smacking on something! ...so I might not wear it for a week in those cases...)

Craftsman
    Same here,

Not the 'perfect' crown action I expected for a new model Rolex but nothing to worry about . (Sinn U1 crown by far the best for me..)