closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Launch of the Smiths Vanguard PRS-32

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Anyone else found that the bracelet has been welded to the lugs? Buggered if I can get mine off
    I used one of those bracelet pliers from Bergeon (6825)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    I used one of those bracelet pliers from Bergeon (6825)
    I don't have one, so it looks like I'm going to have to face the shame of taking it to a jeweller.

Anyone else found that the bracelet has been welded to the lugs? Buggered if I can get mine off
    One side fine. The other I’ve not been able to shift yet.

I don't have one, so it looks like I'm going to have to face the shame of taking it to a jeweller.
    They really make changing bracelets a doddle. I recommend getting one although they aren’t cheap.

Popped mine off with two spring bar tools used simultaneously.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

It certainly took some doing!

Its a very tight fit.

I got one side off eventually, after much cursing, but then had to go to a jewellers and with the right tool - I'm guessing Bergeon 6825 - it came off within seconds. No charge, so saved me needing to buy a rather expensive tool.

Master
    Yes I'm struggling too.

Banned
    Last edited by James_; 6th June 2019 at 18:41.

Master
    I've bought one of the copies for £15, I'll let you know how I get on.

Master
    I have some spring bar pliers from Amazon for around £30, had them for a while now and are great for bracelets but standard spring bar tool works best for straps.

Apprentice
    34 on red colareb

Last edited by reluctantsnowman; 6th June 2019 at 21:07.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Shows the "Smiths Tits" off nicely

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Yes I'm struggling too.
    I used two springbar tools at the same time and was able to get it out. I was struggling for a while too.

Recieved my White Dial variant yesterday and I love it however i took it off for a shower and when i returned downstairs found my wife trying it on her wrist. Now although the bracelet is far to big for her she is convinced that the watch really suits her, (which i have to agree it does). The result, i now have a WTB for a black face variant.

Bloody women

Thanks.

Keith

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve748 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I have exchanged some emails they tell me that...

Watches are one of the more complicated commodities to process for US customs.* The way watches are rated for US customs is broken out into 4 parts.* Each of those parts we need the materials *(which are provided on the website) and the value breakout of these parts (which is not).* We would generally reach out day 1 when the shipment is making entry, however the following comment is added under the Shipper comments.
    PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE SHIPPER FOR THE WATCH INFO. PLEASE HOLD THE SHIPMENT AND WHEN THE SHIPMENT ARRIVES SEND AN OPEN PACKAGE REQUEST TO THE HUB FOR THE WATCH BREAKOUT. IF NOT WITH THE PACKAGE CONTACT THE IMPORTER FOR THE INFORMATION.

Then they tell me
    ***A*UPS Warehouse Fee*is applied to any held shipment after*two free business days. Thereafter, the warehouse fee will be*$20.00 USD per calendar dayplus $0.04 per pound per calendar day until the shipment’s release.* All shipments will be eligible for General Order (G.O.) warehousing by U.S. Customs on the*15th calendar day*after the shipment is imported into the United States.*

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    mine is sitting in New Jersey warehouse since may 30th but no one has contacted me in any way. Now im getting worried, hmmm

Looks like mine is stuck waiting for info too.

Trying to call UPS...can someone in the USA who went through this tell me what you told them to get it released please?

@steve748
    @rhaykal
    @pacifichrono

EDIT: UPS wants breakout but get this they sent me an email (was in junk folder) saying they "are working to obtain info" they didnt ASK ME for info so i assumed they were contacting Eddie.

Bunch of dumba**es.

I emailed Eddie for the breakout. If anyone already has it and can send to me i would be grateful.

Thanks
    Last edited by Faide; 7th June 2019 at 16:22.

Craftsman

Launch of the Smiths Vanguard PRS-32

Should I be concerned about this? The long seconds hand for chrono function is not completely in line with 12 o’clock

IMG_0946.jpg

Last edited by bins; 7th June 2019 at 16:10.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Faide View Post
    mine is sitting in New Jersey warehouse since may 30th but no one has contacted me in any way. Now im getting worried, hmmm

Trying to call UPS...can someone in the USA who went through this tell me what you told them to get it released please?

@steve748
    @rhaykal
    @pacifichrono

Thanks
    I had cod fees on my shipment. I called them, paid it on phone, had it sent to a pick up location and picked it up from there

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bins View Post
    Should I be concerned about this? The long seconds hand for chrono function is not completely in line with 12 o’clock

IMG_0946.jpg

Have you ensured that the screw down feature on the reset button is fully unscrewed? If not, then it can result in the chrono hand not resetting exactly to the 12 o'clock position.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Have you ensured that the screw down feature on the reset button is fully unscrewed? If not, then it can result in the chrono hand not resetting exactly to the 12 o'clock position.
    Yup. Came like this. Then used the chrono function to reset, and still the same

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reluctantsnowman View Post
    I had cod fees on my shipment. I called them, paid it on phone, had it sent to a pick up location and picked it up from there

Oh they will not even calculate that without the breakout info.

Yup. Came like this. Then used the chrono function to reset, and still the same

It should reset to zero. I think that you ought to email Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Its a very tight fit.
    "Superlative engineering."

Master
    Blog Entries

IMG_0946.jpg

Mine does the same - I assumed it's within tolerance for the price point. If it was a white dial I would have offerred to buy it from you.

Craftsman
    Ah ok. Thanks.
    Having looked closely at the photos on this thread, looks like there might be a tiny level of misalignment on others too

Craftsman
    Ah ok. Thanks.
    Having looked closely at the photos on this thread, looks like there might be a tiny level of misalignment on others too
    Is that an expected for the Seiko movement used on this watch?

My chrono hand is slightly off too, although my biggest problem is the bracelet. Why a divers extension? Makes the clasp too chunky and wide. Screws are very tight, can’t get one of them fully back in. Also want to change it out for black leather but I can’t get it off, neither can the jeweller. Feels like the bracelet was a bit of an afterthought from the parts bin.

Why a divers extension? For owners who want to go diving with it, plus the ability to make small adjustments to the fit of it on the wrist.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Why a divers extension? For owners who want to go diving with it, plus the ability to make small adjustments to the fit of it on the wrist.

R
    I don’t see many people diving with one of these, and besides, on this bracelet the clasp keeps popping open if you use the divers extension so it is unusable anyway.

Maybe I just have a dud.

Some of my personal observations:
    You don’t see many people diving with any mechanical watches, I’ll be taking this one down though.
    There is no physical connection between the bracelets locking mechanism and the length adjustment.
    I’ve removed my bracelet and changed over to a strap without any problem at all.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Apprentice
    Now I feel the watch is complete.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

@steve748
    @rhaykal
    @pacifichrono

EDIT: UPS wants breakout but get this they sent me an email (was in junk folder) saying they "are working to obtain info" they didnt ASK ME for info so i assumed they were contacting Eddie.

Bunch of dumba**es.

I emailed Eddie for the breakout. If anyone already has it and can send to me i would be grateful.

Thanks
    I got mine yesterday charged $72 for both in the same parcel. The breakout sheet is in the plastic sleeve but they never opened it. Eddie emailing them did the trick in the end.

That bracelet looks a perfect match and I prefer the look of the clasp? Where did you get it?
    I had problems with a couple of screws one wouldn't come out, it went all stiff and I couldn't get it back in. Another started stiff so I screwed it back in and chose another near the clasp.

Closer inspection of the photographs on this thread does show the main chrono hand and the small hand at 6 just off the 12 mark. Would it be an easy fix to get them bang on 12?

Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    Closer inspection of the photographs on this thread does show the main chrono hand and the small hand at 6 just off the 12 mark. Would it be an easy fix to get them bang on 12?
    Some of them could be down to parallax - it doesn’t take much of a change in viewing angle to make it look off true and there are many wrist shots here. If it’s out in the opposite direction at the other end of the hand beyond the pivot then it may be misaligned or not fully reset. As with anything mechanical, there will be acceptable tolerances.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    I got mine yesterday charged $72 for both in the same parcel. The breakout sheet is in the plastic sleeve but they never opened it. Eddie emailing them did the trick in the end.

Thanks, Eddie emailed me the breakout sheet and I emailed it to UPS let’s see how long it takes them to release the watch .

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Question on the Seiko movement. I have 2 watches with this movement. My 7750s, when using the chronograph the minute snaps into each position. My NE88s drift to the next minute when timing, like the regular minute hand. Hope this makes sense. Just wondering if this is normal for the Seiko movement. Thanks in advance!! Enjoy those wonderful Smiths.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    That bracelet looks a perfect match and I prefer the look of the clasp? Where did you get it?
    I had problems with a couple of screws one wouldn't come out, it went all stiff and I couldn't get it back in. Another started stiff so I screwed it back in and chose another near the clasp.

I ended up ordering an aftermarket oyster bracelet on eBay. It tapers from 20-16mm. I just used the stock Smiths bracelet endlinks on it for exact fit. This watch was absolutely made for an oyster bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Some of them could be down to parallax - it doesn’t take much of a change in viewing angle to make it look off true and there are many wrist shots here. If it’s out in the opposite direction at the other end of the hand beyond the pivot then it may be misaligned or not fully reset. As with anything mechanical, there will be acceptable tolerances.
    Mine went back to zero spot on - except for when I hadn't unscrewed the reset properly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    In case anyone's looking, site re opens today - Black dials available @ 3:00pm BST today

I have been wearing the black one since it arrived Friday and although it is 16mm I never really notice it too much.
    My wife took off her White dial Exp2 and tried the cream dial on and she was still wearing it when I took her to the airport so she will be wearing it until Friday.
    She likes that it has her name on the dial... the 'Paul Newman' Rolex sold for circa $18m and I explained to her that it is a homage to that watch.
    She likes that they are both #14 which together is our wedding anniversary...

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    In case anyone's looking, site re opens today - Black dials available @ 3:00pm BST today
    Maybe the shop is now closed because the remaining 20 black have been sold?

Master
    Black dialled pictures please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Black dialled pictures please everyone.

Apprentice

Some timing results!

Hi everyone, Just received one and happy to report some great timing performance.

Seiko state the following for the NE88 as standard:
    Static accuracy : -15~+25 second per day
    Measurement should be done within 10~60 minutes after fully wound up.
    Lift angle : 51 deg.
    Measurement position :
    ① Dial up ② 9 o'clock ③ 6 o'clock
    Minimum measurement time : 20 seconds
    Stabilizing time at least 20 seconds to stabilize after you change its measurement position.

DU -2.7 s/d, 305 deg, 0.3 ms
    DD +1.0 s/d, 302 deg, 0.2 ms
    9H +3.0 s/d, 255 deg, 0.0 ms
    6H +3.0 s/d 257 deg, 0.2 ms
    3H -3.7 s/d 267 deg, 0.1 ms
    12H -2.0 s/d 255 deg, 0.2 ms

Very impressive job by Eddie and his regleur.

Velociphile

Craftsman
    Despite emailing UPS the breakout sheet late friday afternoon, the tracking details havent changed, the lazy buggers!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Despite emailing UPS the breakout sheet late friday afternoon, the tracking details havent changed, the lazy buggers!
    Don't forget a piccy or two when it does arrive

Craftsman
    Ok now I’m mad . I see online that they released it but they want $250 in charges . $230 is for “brokerage “ charges . What the hell? I have to call them up tomorrow morning . This is nuts .

Apprentice
    Ok now I’m mad . I see online that they released it but they want $250 in charges . $230 is for “brokerage “ charges . What the hell? I have to call them up tomorrow morning . This is nuts .

This does not sound right.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reluctantsnowman View Post
    This does not sound right.

definitely not right im going to call UPS this morning but if they give me a hard time i may have to pay it to get the watch and the dispute the charge with American Express (the card i will use). Then i will have the proper channels to show the communication breakdown and mistakes UPS made and why they should not be charging this amount.