closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Launch of the Smiths Vanguard PRS-32

Apprentice
    Am sure with sufficient evidence amex will help you with the dispute. Am guessing if anything, the fees must be under 50

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I suspect they may be trying it on with warehousing fees for the 12 days it was delayed due to them not bothering to find the documents they needed which I'd already supplied. Faide will know this when he gets the package and sees the missing docvument in the documents pouch on the package.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I suspect they may be trying it on with warehousing fees for the 12 days it was delayed due to them not bothering to find the documents they needed which I'd already supplied. Faide will know this when he gets the package and sees the missing docvument in the documents pouch on the package.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie. I think this gives Faide more ground for a dispute after collecting the watch

Craftsman

Eddie
    yes they were trying to charge me 12 days or so of warehouse fees but after 45 min of being on the phone with UPS and explaining that no one contacted me or Eddie for the info and so it is totally inappropriate to charge storage fees when neither myself nor Eddie were aware that we needed to provide any information.

Additionaly i had proof that i had spoken to someone at UPS on friday who told me to email his team with the breakout sheet which i did on Friday. But i heard nothing so yesterday i called the dept and they tell me "oh no we're not the right dept" so that was another wasted 4 days.

So overall UPS dropped the ball many times. Thankfully the review officer agreed with me and persuaded the holds dept to drop the charge,

Final charge dropped from $251 to $30.33

Should get the package today or tomorrow.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Faide View Post
    yes they were trying to charge me 12 days or so of warehouse fees but after 45 min of being on the phone with UPS and explaining that no one contacted me or Eddie for the info and so it is totally inappropriate to charge storage fees when neither myself nor Eddie were aware that we needed to provide any information.

Additionaly i had proof that i had spoken to someone at UPS on friday who told me to email his team with the breakout sheet which i did on Friday. But i heard nothing so yesterday i called the dept and they tell me "oh no we're not the right dept" so that was another wasted 4 days.

So overall UPS dropped the ball many times. Thankfully the review officer agreed with me and persuaded the holds dept to drop the charge,

Final charge dropped from $251 to $30.33

Should get the package today or tomorrow.
    This is great news, hope you enjoy the watch in great health

Craftsman
    Finally after a tortuous journey through the UPS system the vanguard is sized and on my wrist . It’s a beauty and the wife likes it too and she’s a very picky person when it comes to watch design. Well done Eddie IMG_5266.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Oh here is the infamous breakout sheet that was in the pouch that ups never bothered to check the dumb@sses! IMG_5267.JPG

Apprentice
    Finally after a tortuous journey through the UPS system the vanguard is sized and on my wrist . It’s a beauty and the wife likes it too and she’s a very picky person when it comes to watch design. Well done Eddie IMG_5266.JPG

Looks great on your wrist

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reluctantsnowman View Post
    Looks great on your wrist

Thanks ! It’s a heavy watch . Holding it in one hand and my Rolex gmt master II in the other and it’s really noticeable .

Apprentice
    If you move it onto a leather, it won't be as hefty. I think it's meant to be on leather

Craftsman
    Is it okay to keep the chrono running continuously with this movement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bins View Post
    Is it okay to keep the chrono running continuously with this movement?

"Step in the Seiko Instruments NE88 (Seiko 8R28), a column wheel chronograph with vertical clutch for smooth operation and the chronograph can be left running for extended periods of time without fear of undue wear to gear teeth."

Craftsman
    Yes i saw that but I wasnt too sure what that really meant. I assume that its the same as other auto chronographs and affects wear & tear and reserve

Regards
    Bins

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by reluctantsnowman View Post
    If you move it onto a leather, it won't be as hefty. I think it's meant to be on leather

Yeah. The PRS 2 was a beast too and I had to switch to leather otherwise I would have had severe muscle imbalance between left and right
    But I’m generally not a fan of leather . It gets really hot and humid in New York .

Master
    Yeah. The PRS 2 was a beast too and I had to switch to leather otherwise I would have had severe muscle imbalance between left and right
    But I’m generally not a fan of leather . It gets really hot and humid in New York .

Somewhere, there is a perlon with your name on it.

Take a look at Haveston straps. A one piece Nato with a sliding keeper that does away with both the "extra bit" of strap and the need to tuck any excess length under. This makes for a much lower profile all round with the watch head sitting lower. It's all I wear my Voyager on now.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite_Kid19 View Post
    Question on the Seiko movement. I have 2 watches with this movement. My 7750s, when using the chronograph the minute snaps into each position. My NE88s drift to the next minute when timing, like the regular minute hand. Hope this makes sense. Just wondering if this is normal for the Seiko movement. Thanks in advance!! Enjoy those wonderful Smiths.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    Somewhere, there is a perlon with your name on it.
    In the event of difficulty or uncertainty Perlon is always the answer.

Eddie - your ear's must be burning - 2 f'ing hours!! 2 hours to take that bracelet off!!

I finally smote my opponent by snapping his neck (or one corner of the bar)- never again!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
    Eddie - your ear's must be burning - 2 f'ing hours!! 2 hours to take that bracelet off!!

I finally smote my opponent by snapping his neck (or one corner of the bar)- never again!
    Ouch I had some difficulty sizing the bracelet . A couple of the screws would just not want to come out .

Nice photo

It must sit pretty tall on a nato!

Apprentice

Black & White straps

Hi Eddie, Agree that a black and white strap would look nice. Any chance of you posting your original drawings, so that I can take advantage of your design expertise ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Nice photo

It must sit pretty tall on a nato!
    Thanks!

it doesn’t really, the nato is a seatbelt type, so it’s thinner than normal, i’m tempted to get a Zulu, that’ll make it sit higher! It’s markedly smaller than my Ploprof and FF, so i need to get it bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by f1prb22 View Post
    Hi Eddie, Agree that a black and white strap would look nice. Any chance of you posting your original drawings, so that I can take advantage of your design expertise ? Thanks.
    It was the traditional "drawing on the back of a fag packet".

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

It was the traditional "drawing on the back of a fag packet".

Eddie
    Ah proper technical stuff, Woodbines?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

We haven't had many pictures of the black one. I wonder why...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

Master
    The black really works on that rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    More white ones have been purchased.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar
    Is the black dial still available?
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtrunkmonkey View Post
    Is the black dial still available?
    Yes.

Eddie

Launch of the Smiths Vanguard PRS-32

Does anyone have one where the chrono second hand sets slightly off from bang on the twelve? Mines slightly off when the chrono resets?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Does anyone have one where the chrono second hand sets slightly off from bang on the twelve? Mines slightly off when the chrono resets?

I think if you scroll up, you'd see this has been discussed already

Ah ok, should of read this thread first..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Ah ok, should of read this thread first..

Am guessing the short answer is, it works for some and doesn't for some. For me, it resets to zero, for some on this thread, not

So do we have an answer then if those are not lining up can be remedied to ensure everything lines up under the warranty or are we just accepting some do and some don’t?

Master
    Blog Entries
    So do we have an answer then if those are not lining up can be remedied to ensure everything lines up under the warranty or are we just accepting some do and some don’t?

My Black doesn't line up but my white version is spot on. Hasn't kept me awake at night tbh. Other than OCD...I honestly don't know if it matters... Has anyone asked Eddie if he would adjust the chrono? Is a slight offset within tolerance- again I have no idea tbh,
    Last edited by Suds; 18th June 2019 at 21:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    My Black doesn't line up but my white version is spot on. Hasn't kept me awake at night tbh. Other than OCD...I honestly don't know if it matters... Has anyone asked Eddie if he would adjust the chrono? Is a slight offset within tolerance- again I have no idea tbh,
    I mentioned it to Eddie, along with the stuck bracelet problem I’m having, but I got a very prickly and defensive response. Might be a struggle to get it adjusted under warranty.

I sent one to my watch repairer and this is what he said.

Part of the problem is the distance from the hand to the dial, it’s a long way so the parallax errors are far greater. If I now look at it normally, it still appears to be out by the tiniest amount. However, if I place the watch on a level surface and look at it through one eye directly over the watch it appears to be spot-on and so I`m happy that this is correct.
    Eddie

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just had a closer look at my black dial- it's fine. Been wearing it for three weeks and it's losing 15s per week thanks to the high quality Seiko movement. Just remembered I was lucky enough to buy it at a minimum 60% discount because the dial says 'Smiths' - I'm well chuffed.

Apprentice
    Mine seems fairly in line. It is certainly easy to convince yourself it’s not.

Last edited by Velociphile; 20th June 2019 at 11:00. Reason: Put pic in line!

Apprentice
    The second hand on mine is off by about 1/5th of a second to the right. But the accuracy is great so far, minus 2 seconds in one week (not per day, but total).

Apprentice

NE88 chrono second hand jitter or stutter

How are owners finding the jitter or stutter of the chronograph second hand on the Ne88? I no longer own any chronos with horizontal coupling clutch where the depth of engagement affects the smoothness of motion e.g 7750, 861, 321. My other chronos are all vertical clutch and have dead smooth seconds movement. The NE88 is my only experience of a modular movement and it seems to have a bit of a jitter. Thoughts?

Craftsman
    A full 7 days on the wrist for my white dial Vanguard. I thought i would be bothered by the height of the case and the slope of the bezel but it hasnt really bothered me much at all. Could it have been better with a flatter bezel and high domed sapphire crystal (like on the speedmaster)? Probably, but i have no idea how much that would have cost.

The dial is a real beauty. I am constantly looking at it and admiring it. My colleagues at work love it also. I think (like most of Eddie's watches) the value for money is very high along with the level of attention to detail and overall quality feel.

Apprentice
    It's really growing on me. Need to venture to a jeweller to size the bracelet though

First photo of my "Blackie" #04...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Wore my black dial for 3 weeks straight before I rotated. In fact loved it so much I picked up the white dial as well, but gotta say I prefer the black dial.

Apprentice
    Here's a pic of my Panda #04 on a croc bund strap that I had made for it. The Newman fans will know that it just had to be done!

By the way, if anyone is offered or sees number 49 white dial, please let me know because UPS lost it.

Eddie