closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone ordered the SLA033?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post

Notice the cut outs for releasing water and dirt.
    That might well be the reason but to me it looks slightly unfinished. To each their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    It’s authentic to the original, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    It’s authentic to the original, though.

I see. On the original it probably wouldn’t bug me but on the reissue we are talking about another level of cost and quality and there I would be bothered. Again I am not an owner and it’s just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Has anyone managed to get discounts on the 033?

I quite fancy one but, historically, any Turtle I had has been sold off fairly quickly, a discount would help with the usual hit when moving it along. I only have to think of the SLA025 that didn't move on SC to make me wary of this one at full price.

Master
    If anybody is after one of these it looks like you can get a 12% discount on this one with the code LAUNCH12

https://www.dcleake.com/watches/seik...YaAu0iEALw_wcB

Craftsman
    That brings it down nicely, I just need to convince myself I need one now....

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    If anybody is after one of these it looks like you can get a 12% discount on this one with the code LAUNCH12

https://www.dcleake.com/watches/seik...YaAu0iEALw_wcB

Craftsman
    Quick thread revival - SLA033 owners, are you still happy with the watch and is £3k a decent price for one?

I am tempted to pull the trigger on one today.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Quick thread revival - SLA033 owners, are you still happy with the watch and is £3k a decent price for one?

I am tempted to pull the trigger on one today.
    They seem to be around new at advertised prices of £3k on the internet sites - dealers based in Germany and Belgium

Limited to 2,500 pieces ..... so quite a lot ........ but the longer you leave it the more likely they will run out as I would think that when "serious" Seiko collectors get them they will tend to stay put
    Last edited by BillN; 7th December 2019 at 10:26.

Craftsman
    If I could get one of the German models with the goodies I would be very happy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    If I could get one of the German models with the goodies I would be very happy!
    Is this what you are after

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/seiko/pro...id11893675.htm

If you can get their phone number I am sure they will speak English

Sweden are in the EU but still use their own currency

The £ has strengthened against the Euro in the past couple of months....... but not sure about against the krona ....... but it probably has ...... so it may be a good time to buy if you are after one from outside the UK

also in the UK - 20% off retail!!

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...ition-sla033j1
    Last edited by BillN; 7th December 2019 at 19:08.

Master
    German LE referred to comes with a scuba knife and in a peli case.

Seiko have done something similar for quite a few of the SLA re issues. For the SLA017 it was a mini sub model in a pelican case (which I was lucky to get). For the SLA025 it was with a dive torch (a friend managed to get that one).

Looks like below has a SAL033 with knife. Never dealt with them so could be worth calling to make sure it has the full peli case etc. Price is €3,800.

https://www.unger-schmuck.com/uhrenm...n/a-1000022334

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    German LE referred to comes with a scuba knife and in a peli case.

Seiko have done something similar for quite a few of the SLA re issues. For the SLA017 it was a mini sub model in a pelican case (which I was lucky to get). For the SLA025 it was with a dive torch (a friend managed to get that one).

Looks like below has a SAL033 with knife. Never dealt with them so could be worth calling to make sure it has the full peli case etc. Price is €3,800.

https://www.unger-schmuck.com/uhrenm...n/a-1000022334
    £300 extra for the knife and case - seems an OK deal

should get my SLA025, (SBEX007), tomorrow, but still searching for a 003
    Last edited by BillN; 8th December 2019 at 22:02.

Master
    Available at Jura at just a smidge over £3k.

https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/collec...ition-sla033j1

Master
    I would certainly pay the extra for the LE knife/case. I did for the SLA017 !

Master
    I know it's a re-issue and all that - but all the original 6105-8110's I've seen for sale - even those described as "good" look very poor with something wrong, hands don't match, dial painted - and unless you are an expert, I'm not, not sure of what's been put inside

OK the 033 is twice the price of a "good" 6105 ......

Seiko make lovely watches at all price points - OK £3k+ seems a lot... but looking at the price of new Omega's it's well below what they are asking ...... and even at £5k Seiko watches - they really are quality products.

You should be able to pick up a very good used 001 or 017 MM300, in it's box with both straps - IMHO great value for money

I can now see why Seiko has a good following and at least their watches are available and are being worn

It would be good to see a SLA033 on here

Master
    If you are looking for the Edition with the Knife/Case - be careful as some come with a flash light

Master
    Mine arrived yesterday. My enthusiasm for watches as a hobby started out with Seiko 6309-7040s bought via eBay, both standard and some that I modded myself. I was looking for a tool-ish watch to add to my reduced collection of Rolex 5513 and Omega Speedmaster Pro, having found that dress watches don't get worn as much as I'd thought. I wanted something pretty iconic. I've tried the Tudor Pelagos but moved it on. I was tempted by the BB58 but the recreation of watch that didn't exist didn't seem to work for me. I narrowed down to the latest Omega Seamaster Diver and the SLA033. I found the Omega a bit too flashy with the ceramic dial, though did like it more on rubber strap. Something niggled me that I would like to have a watch that is a bit of a nod and wink to myself and others that this is a hobby and I haven't just bought the first high-quality diver that could be found in AD windows as a default choice. So I ordered the SLA033 unseen and untried.

I received it last night and it's wound and on the wrist. Yes it's expensive relative to watches like the MM300, but I reckon I won't see another and it most definitely has the wrist presence of a decent watch (it pops as light catches it quite unlike the more tool-ish Seiko divers). It wears much smaller than the specs suggest as when the dial is measured across the indices it's only about 1mm larger than my 5513. The bezel is about 41mm across vs about 39-40mm on the Sub. I love the 19mm lug width, having tried one of the turtle re-issues I know they wear larger than this, especially so with the 22mm lug width. The rubber strap and short lug-to-lug length help centre the watch on the wrist, no danger of lug overhang on my 7.25-7.5" wrist!

Honeymoon period maybe? But the only negative so far seems to be access to the crown for setting the watch. The watch harks back to all those Seikos that got me into this hobby, some 10 years or more ago, and I just couldn't get another MM300 as I know that like the others it would be moved on as not as suited to suit and shirt combinations as my 4-5 days a week wear. So far, I'm pretty chuffed! :-)

Ant

Olfert&Co have one that works out at a little under 2600 GBP shipping included, using a discount code. Maybe interesting for someone here? I don't know if it has the knife etc. though.